Found Deceased TX - Thomas Brown, 18, Hemphill County, 23 Nov 2016 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. That being said, why remove the backpack with schoolbooks and a school issued laptop (probably not worth stealing) from that 3,000 lb piece of evidence at all? Makes me wonder if there could have been something else in it at the time?

IMO: I can imagine that those involved were simply in an utter state of emotionally driven panic over what they had been involved in and what they saw ..... and of course, the thought of a potential prison sentence if they are caught. When people experience that level of fear and panic, they experience tunnel vision and can display illogical behavior. People do strange things in hyper stressful situations.

Exactly. That being said, why remove the backpack with schoolbooks and a school issued laptop (probably not worth stealing) from that 3,000 lb piece of evidence at all? Makes me wonder if there could have been something else in it at the time?
I could see someone wanting people to think Thomas ran off and in doing so, took his backpack.

So I watched the entire PK press conference last night and while they mostly stuck to the facts of the case they kinda presented two conflicting theories.

One was an incredibly far fetched one supported by audio recordings of CJ describing an ring of sports betting on Canadian High School football games. CJ essentially stated that
1. He was paid to transfer to Canadian High School to play football for them
2. There is a circle of very wealthy and high profile people in Canadian who bet a lot of money on the football games and they tell Chris which games to win and which to throw to make money off their bets
3. NL picked CJ up and had him put on these blindfold goggles, drove him 30 minutes out of town where then he removed the blindfold and saw PG with a gun to the head of a tied up TB threatening that if he doesnt lose the Thanksgiving football game they will kill the both of them.

While I can believe number 1 and 2, number 3 just sounds too far out there for me. Especially considering that later on in the press conference PK presents his others theory which was the one we’ve heard about where TB meets up with the guys at the football field and they accidentally kill him and essentially he names CJ as a POI despite using his statements to form his first theory. So that didnt make much sense to me at all.

On the laptop being stolen, another interesting tidbit I took from the press conference was that the students of Canadian High were under the impression that the school issued laptops could be tracked by the school, even if they were turned off. This was not true, the teachers didnt actually have the ability to track it but they misled the students to believe it was so if a fellow student was involved in Tom’s disappearance they may have wanted to dispose of it to avoid being tracked.

Last edited:
Regarding the issues involving the Apple 6s phone .......

Early Apple 6s phones had some significant problems with the batteries that eventually resulted in a recall. The problem was that the phone would suddenly power down (turn off) even though there was sufficient battery charge remaining. Also, there was an issue with the battery charge lasting only several hours in some cases. During that period I had an Apple 6s that exhibited both of those problems. I was lucky to live close to an Apple Store and was able to get the problem addressed (battery replaced) at no charge. For folks who were not close to an Apple store, the phone had to be shipped to an Apple Service Center .... therefor being without a phone for 3-4 weeks. Tom may have purchased the case charger in an attempt to circumvent the 6s battery problem.

My points are:
1. If Tom's phone inadvertently powered down while a charger was connected at home, it would not log a "charger disconnect" event.
2. If Tom's phone died due to "low battery" at 12:23 am it may have been due to a battery defect, which may indicate that the case charger was not attached at that time.
Apple no longer has information on their support site regarding the 6s recall because the recall has long expired. However, I was able to find some information. SEE ATTACHED.

View attachment 318869
According to wiki, so who knows if this is the most up to date information, the devices that were affected were manufactured between sept and oct of 2015. If Tom's phone was manufactured during that time, then the possibility exists of the phone potentially shutting down if the battery case was removed.

The question that should be asked.. why would you remove the battery case? You can you can still shut down the phone using the power button.. but removing the battery case is a very deliberate act, and why is it necessary?

My first guess would be because they wanted to remove the SIM card. No SIM card, I would assume the phone goes dark on the cell towers and you can’t be tracked. The sim car is put back in the phone later of course, but at the time, y guess is they were thinking… they can track me.. unless I take out the sim.

What I am still confused about is how the phone battery would have died in the phone battery case at 12:23am.

Tom’s friends stated that he was anal about keeping his phone charged so surely we wouldve noticed if both his phone was about to die and the case had no charge left in it. There were multiple phone chargers in his car so if he was anal about keeping it charged wouldnt he take it out of the case and plug it in or something? Or just charge the case in the car while the phone still is in it? We know he was alive at like midnight so it just seems odd that the phone is dying at 12:23

Another really interesting tidbit from the klein presser that I just remembered, not sure if this was old news or whatever but it has stuck with me.

PK stated that while they conducting the search on Lake Marvin Rd, the police(think it was NL but will have to go back and check) told PK that they could search up to the 11.5 mile marker as they were conducting a drug operation just north of there. PK agreed to that and when they finally went out and searched, once they got to the 11.5 mile marker, a patrol car was sitting there and told them not to go any further.

Tom Brown’s Body was found near the 12 mile marker…

If what Klein is saying is true, plus the fact that it was PG who was the one who finally found the body, MOO, it seems more likely than not that LE has known of the location of his remains for much longer than they have let on

Another really interesting tidbit from the klein presser that I just remembered, not sure if this was old news or whatever but it has stuck with me.

PK stated that while they conducting the search on Lake Marvin Rd, the police(think it was NL but will have to go back and check) told PK that they could search up to the 11.5 mile marker as they were conducting a drug operation just north of there. PK agreed to that and when they finally went out and searched, once they got to the 11.5 mile marker, a patrol car was sitting there and told them not to go any further.

Tom Brown’s Body was found near the 12 mile marker…

If what Klein is saying is true, plus the fact that it was PG who was the one who finally found the body, MOO, it seems more likely than not that LE has known of the location of his remains for much longer than they have let on

I agree. This is one 'coincidence' that is just too much for me. I did some checking (but certainly not checking everything) but I can't find anywhere that LE says this allegation is not true. They have bickered back and forth with Klein on other details....why not on this detail/

What I am still confused about is how the phone battery would have died in the phone battery case at 12:23am.

Tom’s friends stated that he was anal about keeping his phone charged so surely we wouldve noticed if both his phone was about to die and the case had no charge left in it. There were multiple phone chargers in his car so if he was anal about keeping it charged wouldnt he take it out of the case and plug it in or something? Or just charge the case in the car while the phone still is in it? We know he was alive at like midnight so it just seems odd that the phone is dying at 12:23

I will be honest. I am uneasy with the info about the cellphone and when it was charged, etc. Something feels off but I am not sure. Right now, everything about the cellphone is a big question mark to me.

While working out I was thinking about who could have searched the suicide hotline. What if it was Tom who looked, but not for himself? Remember, Michael C was with Tom at this point. Michaels dad committed suicide and had a known history of mental illness (and I am certain I read a history of attempted suicide, but I cannot find a link). I think when you take Tom's caring nature + he is with a friend who's father ultimately did take his own life, I wonder if Tom was helping Michael with resources to get his dad help. The search was made on the night before Thanksgiving and its not a long stretch to think the holidays would be a potentially hard time for someone with mental illness.

I will be honest. I am uneasy with the info about the cellphone and when it was charged, etc. Something feels off but I am not sure. Right now, everything about the cellphone is a big question mark to me.

The phone is really the key to the case. It’s probably the single most important piece of evidence that will answer the question as to what happened to Tom.

If it were me, I would interview everyone on the search team, find out who knew where the search was going to happen, find out who might have heard from them, and who could have possibly been able to place the phone there.

idk what Klein did that day they found that phone, but when they found it, in perfect condition, there is no way around it, that phone was put there for them to find. The person who knew what happened to Tom, or more than likely was responsible for his death, put it there. A serious mistake, and we have seen no evidence that there was any attempt to capitalized on it.

You could produce a list of people very quickly, you find out where everyone was that day Tom disappeared.

Last edited:
Realized there was an extra hour of questions in the town hall that was cut out of the video I first had watched of it, so found it through the news source and took some notes on the last hour of it, this is what Phillip Klein said on the following subjects(paraphrased by me)

On MC:

MC interviewed 3 times changed his story each time

MC was asking them questions trying to suss out what they know

Car “had slight odor of marijuana”, TB didn’t smoke as far as we know. PK states MC and CJ do as well as MC’s cousin(not sure who MC’s cousin is?)

PK also says MC sold weed(Not sure why this is relevant)

JC killed himself less than 500 ft from where car was parked(I presumed they said this to imply how close MC lived to the Durango)

On CJ:

Lived with the coach

CJ “was one of the last people to see Tom”

We went to the Koedding house(Name of coach who CJ lived with) they said CJ was asleep in bed that night then “we walk out of there and a witness tells us ‘What’re you talking about he wasn’t here last night’”

On NL:

We have cleared him in the homicide, we have not cleared him in the cover up and “neither has the OAG according to what they told me”

On RI:

Person of interest because he was in the area at the time

They don’t want to release more about it at this time

They were asked not to but they do have witnesses and evidence that makes him a POI

On Facebook being deleted:

Facebook was hacked, they downloaded the data from facebook, police had already seen this data, they suspended the account, facebook updated their software causing it to be wiped

On Icloud:

Tucker confirms account was shared

Search warrant filed to get this info, reason for the warrant being that they wanted to file charges on Penny for tampering with evidence in a homicide

This does not mean they were pursuing those charges or planning on it, just what they put on the affidavit

That still doesn't explain how the charging case was on Tom's phone that evening (according to all of his friends) but was later in possession of his parents, when Tom supposedly had not returned home.

It would if Tom had 2 battery packs like I do.
I keep one charged and one on my cell, then swap out as required.
It would explain why his friends stated he had one with him that night and why Penny had one as well.

Last edited:
I would be following the money to include the AG's office.

I always become suspicious when LE does everything in their power to push a narrative they know does not make sense, and the narrative they are pushing just does not fit.
They know it, we know it, and the family knows it.
Penny chose to pursue this even though she knew that their family were the ones being targeted, and continues to look for the answers.

As another poster stated when the truth comes out about the "under belly" of Canadian, this case may then make sense.
Something is very wrong here.

They are pulling records months and years after he went missing.
In my mind the facebook episode is a red herring.

Newest update is the KIC has asked the Dept of Justice to take the case over. Info found on KIC FB page.
WOW!
Just below that KIC mentions the local newspaper editor's response...interesting. This doesn't appear to be behind a paywall:
The Thomas Brown Case: Two Investigations

Also, there are pics from Klein's team's visit and them placing flowers on the fence near where Tom was found on KIC FB.

Last edited:
Edited to reflect that I've been getting Pyne Greggory's name/initials backward. @Razz I don't think the brother could be the one to park the Durango at the water treatment plant because the survalience video shows it pulling into the gate at 5:56am, the same time as PG stated he dropped Tucker off at home. That was my point about why PG and the investigator who took his statement thought it was suspicious that Tucker supposedly was purposely trying to keep GP from checking the area when they noticed the gate that was normally closed and locked was open that morning. The various warrants for PM, CM, and Tucker's phones basically say that LE suspected CM moved the Durango because they knew for sure where PM and Tucker were at the time the Durango is seen entertaining that gate. They were not as sure where CM was.
Is CM TB's stepfather and husband to Penny? I don't recall hearing much about him. Obviously there was some reason for him to be a person of interest. I can see why as he was supposedly the only one unaccounted for (as far as the family goes) at the time the Durango pulled into the gate and was parked.

Is CM TB's stepfather and husband to Penny? I don't recall hearing much about him. Obviously there was some reason for him to be a person of interest. I can see why as he was supposedly the only one unaccounted for (as far as the family goes) at the time the Durango pulled into the gate and was parked.
Yes. Chris Meeks

Regarding the photograph of Tom pumping gas that NL allegedly showed Tom's mom and private investigator approximately 10 days after Tom's disappearance - does anyone know whether PK mentions seeing this, and if so which interviews?

I've listened to a few interviews with PM (Tom's mom) and she claims that NL showed both herself and PK the photograph of Tom pumping gas. I'm not sure if PK has talked about this. Whether NL did or did not show them this alleged photograph, I find this extremely significant. This doesn't seem like something someone could get 'confused' over, but rather one side is lying IMHO.

What seems strange about this is that if this event did happen, then it would likely mean NL was involed, and not simply covering it up for someone else; and yet PK claims he thinks NL is cleared from any involvement in Tom's death.

I would be following the money to include the AG's office.

I always become suspicious when LE does everything in their power to push a narrative they know does not make sense, and the narrative they are pushing just does not fit.
They know it, we know it, and the family knows it.
Penny chose to pursue this even though she knew that their family were the ones being targeted, and continues to look for the answers.

As another poster stated when the truth comes out about the "under belly" of Canadian, this case may then make sense.
Something is very wrong here.

They are pulling records months and years after he went missing.
In my mind the facebook episode is a red herring.

Very good points @Leney. There are many cases throughout history that provide examples where investigators ignored pertinent evidence then strayed off on some side tangent which eventually resulted in a cold case or conviction of the wrong person. I could name a number of recent cases. I hope that is not the situation but I see some red flags with their comments and behavior.

I remember the past post regarding "under belly in Canadian". I believe there was/are situations that provide reasons for a coverup.

Regarding the photograph of Tom pumping gas that NL allegedly showed Tom's mom and private investigator approximately 10 days after Tom's disappearance - does anyone know whether PK mentions seeing this, and if so which interviews?

I've listened to a few interviews with PM (Tom's mom) and she claims that NL showed both herself and PK the photograph of Tom pumping gas. I'm not sure if PK has talked about this. Whether NL did or did not show them this alleged photograph, I find this extremely significant. This doesn't seem like something someone could get 'confused' over, but rather one side is lying IMHO.

What seems strange about this is that if this event did happen, then it would likely mean NL was involed, and not simply covering it up for someone else; and yet PK claims he thinks NL is cleared from any involvement in Tom's death.

Didn't PK say he saw it in the Town Hall last month? I am pretty sure he said he had seen it as well as someone else in his office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member