TX - Trial of Robert Durst in the murder of Morris Black

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Robert Durst sought homeless woman for sex, according to investigator’s 2003 report

<snip>

In a report obtained by the Daily News, John Bradley, an investigator for the San Francisco District Attorney's Office, wrote that he learned from a source that "Durst often sought the services of prostitutes."

"Allegedly, he told his present wife, Debrah Charatan, the only time he had sexual relations since his first wife disappeared in 1982 was with prostitutes," Bradley wrote in a report obtained by the Daily News.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...less-women-sex-investigator-article-1.2153988

I keep wondering about the "cadavar" letter and the letter to Susan Berman. IIRC there were stamps and seals on both envelopes - why haven't LEO tested the stamps and seals for DNA?

I think RD could have wet both of those items without licking (or they may have self stick backs) but it would certainly be worth a look. (IMO)

I keep wondering about the "cadavar" letter and the letter to Susan Berman. IIRC there were stamps and seals on both envelopes - why haven't LEO tested the stamps and seals for DNA?

I think RD could have wet both of those items without licking (or they may have self stick backs) but it would certainly be worth a look. (IMO)

According to Matt Birkbeck they apparently have DNA evidence linking him to the cadaver letter and he has admitted writing the other letter

Then how come years ago CA LE said the evidence concerning the cadaver letter was inconclusive?

Then how come years ago CA LE said the evidence concerning the cadaver letter was inconclusive?

I would guess that is a question that Durst's attorney will want an answer to......

They probably didn't have the DNA evidence. DNA testing has made great progress over the years. If he licked the envelope they may have been able to find DNA now.

IMO, the Dursts are looking out for their name, and have for many years. The other article that I posted, referencing the lawsuit filed in January by Douglas, specifically states something to this affect.

“Douglas Durst is worried the The Jinx will be a violent broadside against the family name and history,” the petition states. - See more at: http://therealdeal.com/blog/2015/03...ts-on-a-single-question/#sthash.md4jDy11.dpuf

How does that calculate into Kathie's disappearance?

Last night, I was able to re-watch episode 2, all of 3, and most of 4. IMO, there were 2 specific things that stood out to me in regards to Kathie's disappearance and the investigation that made me wonder whether or not the family may have had influence.
1. the doorman's statement that he saw her enter the building
2. the dean of the school of medicine stating that he had spoken to her the following morning
IMO, if $$$ could influence people into providing a false statement, these two instances struck me as being the opportunity for that to occur in this instance. I wonder if the Durst company made any significant contributions to that school of medicine? Or held any influence in/over their board of supervisors? Maybe they had sold the school the property that it sits on? Just thoughts that I had while watching the show last night.

IMO, Kathie Durst never got on the train. IMO, the fact that Robert Durst made up a lie about the neighbor AND walking the dog, and then, IMO, very nonchalantly states something to the effect that no one always tells the truth, and because he thought it would further LE's belief that Kathie had gone into the city...I was shocked. IMO, people with nothing to hide always tell the truth. They don't need to make up stories to make police believe a story. That is just BS. He even stated that they had a physical altercation over the car, but "at the last minute" she decided to take the train??? WTH does that mean? His entire commentary on the events of that night made my hair stand on end. IMO, he has repeated a lot of these statements over and over for years. It was evident when he would say something, and then change one word in the sentence, flippantly with his hand motions, that made me think that he was remembering how he was "supposed" to make the statement.... Considering that she had just filed for divorce, and she was afraid of him, what made her go to where he was that night? Was it over the car?

:gaah:

:facepalm: I have so much to discuss on this, as I just watched ALL SIX back to back on my Comcast On-Demand last night.

Anyhow... the PI for the family did a submission to the family, and found that #1 - the doorman changed his story and #2 They are doubting WHO called in to the DEAN saying she would not be in that day (it was mentioned perhaps Susan?)

This thread will close soon, so I'll catch you on the next thread after we hit 1,000 posts and Bessie opens a new one. I'm on post #300 and reading them all.

:tyou: :tyou: for those who have done quotes when the do a link!!!! :blowkiss: :blowkiss: as it helps to catch up quickly. AND JUST BECAUSE... I wanna say AGAIN I HATE HATE HATE HATE 25 posts per page! I should head to my tapatalk where I at least get 50 per page and can read quickly :pullhair:

“He was walking on the other side of the street and cut right across to me,” Phillips recalled. “I asked him to come into the club, but he said in a female-ish soft voice, ‘I would like to come in, but I can’t right now.’&#8201;”
Without prompting, Durst then pulled open the right side of his brown-tweed suit jacket, revealing the butt of a handgun nestled in a belt holster, Phillips said. “I thought to myself, I hope this old guy with a gun doesn’t do anything stupid.”
http://nypost.com/2015/03/18/gun-toting-robert-durst-showed-off-his-piece-at-big-easy-bar/

I have a hard time imagining Robert Durst with a female-ish soft voice.
:thinking:

I hope they were able to obtain DNA from the "cadaver" letter that inconclusively proves that Durst was the author. It's possible that his defense team could argue that he went to Susan Berman's house, saw her body, and sent the letter anonymously because he was afraid of big bad Jeanine Pirro, but I don't think that defense will work a second time.

:tyou: :tyou: for those who have done quotes when the do a link!!!! :blowkiss: :blowkiss: as it helps to catch up quickly. AND JUST BECAUSE... I wanna say AGAIN I HATE HATE HATE HATE 25 posts per page! I should head to my tapatalk where I at least get 50 per page and can read quickly :pullhair:

Me too.:badmood:

There's been rumors of him having brain cancer? Or as Dr Drew speculates he has a brain implant for Parkinson's disease....no telling, but good catch on calling attention to what looks like recent surgery. Maybe that's why he needs the pain meds that have been approved by LE.

He does have this weird bump on the side of his head, toward the back. Has anyone else noticed this?
It made me wonder if he has some sort of undiagnosed tumor or brain injury. There have been some tentative links between brain injuries and homicidal behavior (Charles Whitman, etc.)Durst bump.jpg

DD talks about Igor in this interview. In it, he says he came up with the Igor theory when RD was in jail in PA after being arrested for the MB murder. We don't know that he didn't alert authorities to this. As outspoken as he's always been about RD, I would be surprised if he didn't mention it to someone. MOO.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/02/n...eal-estate-family-has-critic-his-brother.html

It is totally creepy. Another thing I find interesting is that DD also refers to their father as Seymour.

This was actually one of the very FEW times Douglas has talked about his brother. I think he really wanted the cops or someone else besides him to put themselves at risk to solve these cases and put his brother behind bars. He is terrified of him. I expect he thought Robert would get away with these things anyway, and he would suffer the damages of going against his brother. He made Kathie disappear, he could do the same to Douglas. We don't know what kind of threats Robert made to Douglas. I just think Douglas wanted to surround himself with bodyguards and Robert to be as far away from him as possible - the farther the better.

The way Durst refers to his own parents is so telling. His mother who died is "mommy" - I expect he blames his father for her death, and is stuck in sort of a juvenile state of mind when he thinks of her. She is still very much idealized to him. His father is "Seymour", indicating his lack of emotional attachment to him. I've seen this a lot with kids who have messed up or distant relationships with parents - referring to them by their first name rather than a term of endearment indicating a relationship is a way of saying to the parent, "I don't respect you as my father".

Robert Durst sought homeless woman for sex, according to investigator&#8217;s 2003 report

<snip>

In a report obtained by the Daily News, John Bradley, an investigator for the San Francisco District Attorney's Office, wrote that he learned from a source that "Durst often sought the services of prostitutes."

"Allegedly, he told his present wife, Debrah Charatan, the only time he had sexual relations since his first wife disappeared in 1982 was with prostitutes," Bradley wrote in a report obtained by the Daily News.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...less-women-sex-investigator-article-1.2153988

Hmm. Would love to hear an account from one of those prostitutes. I wonder if he has a choking fetish. I don't really want to think about him having sex with anybody, (gross), yet at the same time I find his relationships with women fascinating. I would not be surprised if he was bisexual, and it was about a particular sex act not the gender. His relationship with Deb sounded completely asexual.

Or, maybe it's a power thing. He has relationships, platonic or otherwise, with these strong, very intelligent women that he is somehow able to control - Kathie, Susan Berman, Deborah Charatan. He says in the documentary that he called all the shots in the relationship with Kathie, but things changed once they moved back to Manhattan -she was no longer happy being the submissive one in the relationship. When she filed for divorce and tried to go after his assets, he felt he could no longer control her so in his f-d up mind she had to be killed. I wonder if that's a product of the loss of his mother - an extreme fear of abandonment. He controlled Susan and Deb with money. He lost control of Susan when she was going to tell the cops what she knew about Kathie, and in his mind this constituted another abandonment by someone he was close with. With Deb....I don't know what the deal is. She's clearly in it for the money, but when you listen to conversations in jail, she seems to be very opinionated and trying to tell him who to hire as his attorney. She's also known to be sort of ruthless in her dealings in NY real estate. It's an interesting pick for him as a spouse, however convenient it is. It could be seen as a sort of F You to the Durst business as well - she's a big player in real estate, right? I wonder if she's had any dealings with the company in the past.

WHAT? If he knows that then why in the blue heck would he have not come forward and told people that during Kathie's investigation or when he hired body guards when RD was on the run after dismembering Morris Black?

ARG.

Because anyone who gets involved with a murder investigation surrounding Robert Durst is murdered themselves. If he talked to police and nothing was done, Robert is still free, and free to go after Douglas. I suspect none of us knows what it's like to have a sociopathic sibling your whole life who would kill you if given the chance. He wants to be as far away from Robert as possible, and the less he speaks about him to anyone, the less in danger he is. I think Douglas adopted silence as a form of self defense.

Okay, so here's the thing that really has me puzzled: you have millions of dollars and you don't have to work. You aren't married (or at least you are only on paper), you have no kids, no attachments. You know you're a suspect in multiple states. You want to disappear. Why wait until the 11th hour to leave the country?? Why was he still in the U.S. this entire time? Why is Galveston the farthest he could think of to go that he thought he could disappear? There are other countries that don't extradite, where he could totally disappear and they'd never be able to get him back here to face trial. Resources are not an issue. WHY did he stay in the U.S.?

All I can come up with is:
1. He's a sociopath. Sociopaths can't avoid risk. They thrive on it. On some level, he enjoys coming really close to the edge of being caught. That's why he waited until the last possible second to flee.
2. He enjoys lurking as a way of tormenting his family. He wants to be far, but not too far. He enjoys their fear that he might come back at any time. The knowledge that he's out there and dangerous is enough. That's why he went back to Douglas's and just went up and down the stairs. He enjoys the power trip of being able to put fear into his family.

Any thoughts on this?

He does have this weird bump on the side of his head, toward the back. Has anyone else noticed this?
It made me wonder if he has some sort of undiagnosed tumor or brain injury. There have been some tentative links between brain injuries and homicidal behavior (Charles Whitman, etc.)View attachment 71346

As Spellbound noted in the previous page it looks as if he had some sort of surgery on his head. There is a video at this link where you can see he still has the staples in his head and the side of his head looks mis-shapened.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/03/18/police-raid-home-millionaire-robert-durst/

There's been rumors of him having brain cancer? Or as Dr Drew speculates he has a brain implant for Parkinson's disease....no telling, but good catch on calling attention to what looks like recent surgery. Maybe that's why he needs the pain meds that have been approved by LE.

My parents' friend has Parkinsons. I feel like there would be a much stronger indication of it in the Jinx interviews - he would be shaking. although, maybe whatever he needed surgery for explains the eye blinking tic?

I have a hard time imagining Robert Durst with a female-ish soft voice.
:thinking:

I hope they were able to obtain DNA from the "cadaver" letter that inconclusively proves that Durst was the author. It's possible that his defense team could argue that he went to Susan Berman's house, saw her body, and sent the letter anonymously because he was afraid of big bad Jeanine Pirro, but I don't think that defense will work a second time.

Reminds me of his explanation for Dorothy Siner's muteness. "I'm going to be a woman, so I had to be mute!" in that tone like it was totally obvious to anyone, which made me laugh while watching. "who accidentally shaves off their eyebrows?"

Robert Durst sought homeless woman for sex, according to investigator&#8217;s 2003 report

<snip>

And Karen Mitchell volunteered at a homeless shelter - that's where he initially met her. And now we know why he was there. It's coming together.

I don't think there's anything that can come out about him now that would surprise me. Has a clown fetish? Yeah, I could see that. Is making a suit of human skin in his basement? Yeah, I could see that too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Herbstreit926
Back