TX - Uvalde; Robb Elementary, 19 children and 3 adults killed, shooter dead, 24 MAY 2022 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm going to age myself here but when my daughter was in pre-school nearly 25 years ago she went through a little safety class. It taught her about inappropriate touching, to yell something like this is not my mom if being taken etc. She also got a fingerprint card - I probably still have it somewhere.

How would you suggest they use kid's DNA and fingerprints help prevent crime?
I wouldn’t? I’m trying to express that you are correct, DNA and fingerprints only help in the aftermath. So I want to see a different plan.
I’d like to see other plans the school district/state has to PREVENT catastrophic events like this.

I wouldn’t? I’m trying to express that you are correct, DNA and fingerprints only help in the aftermath. So I want to see a different plan.
I’d like to see other plans the school district/state has to PREVENT catastrophic events like this.
The DNA/fingerprint program is a good idea. But it has nothing to do with school shootings. Really has nothing to do with school at all. It is a means to locate or identify children in mostly abduction cases. We shouldn't criticize this program simply because it has nothing to do with school shootings.

The DNA/fingerprint program is a good idea. But it has nothing to do with school shootings. Really has nothing to do with school at all. It is a means to locate or identify children in mostly abduction cases. We shouldn't criticize this program simply because it has nothing to do with school shootings.
I hope I’m making my point clear, the DNA program is helpful to police and is a tool I don’t want to take away from them. I remember coming home from school with that fingerprint card!

But programs cost money. Can some money go toward prevention, too?

I hope I’m making my point clear, the DNA program is helpful to police and is a tool I don’t want to take away from them. I remember coming home from school with that fingerprint card!

But programs cost money. Can some money go toward prevention, too?
The fingerprint program costs next to nothing. I am all for prevention. But simply throwing money at something doesn't necessarily do anything. Make sure that money counts. You can spend millions on security. But it all ultimately means nothing unless every single person does their jobs.

The fingerprint program costs next to nothing. I am all for prevention. But simply throwing money at something doesn't necessarily do anything. Make sure that money counts. You can spend millions on security. But it all ultimately means nothing unless every single person does their jobs.
I may not be expressing myself very well and for that I apologize. I respect and value your opinion here at websleuths. I agree making the money count is important.

I want to do better for the Uvalde parents. Next year, I don’t want them to fill out another fingerprint card for their remaining children. I dont want those families to be asked to prepare for another deadly catastrophe. I want to see more efforts in prevention.

This is just my opinion. Thanks for hearing it out.

I may not be expressing myself very well and for that I apologize. I respect and value your opinion here at websleuths. I agree making the money count is important.

I want to do better for the Uvalde parents. Next year, I don’t want them to fill out another fingerprint card for their remaining children. I dont want those families to be asked to prepare for another deadly catastrophe. I want to see more efforts in prevention.

This is just my opinion. Thanks for hearing it out.
I appreciate your opinion and respect if very well. And thank you for the kind thought. I was just pointing out that the finger printing/dna program has nothing to do with a school shooting. These have been carried out around the nation for a long time. Parents that choose to have their kids do this don't need to do it again. This program gives parents tools to provide to law enforcement if in the future their child is missing. It is a great program. As I said, it really doesn't have anything to do with this or any other school shooting. No one should be upset by this.

Michael Rosenberg
@Rosenberg_Mike

Most American high school students fear it. Keegan Gregory lived it. Last November, he found himself face-to-face with a school shooter. This is the story of what happened next.

6:02 AM · Oct 19, 2022

Michael Rosenberg
@Rosenberg_Mike

Most American high school students fear it. Keegan Gregory lived it. Last November, he found himself face-to-face with a school shooter. This is the story of what happened next.

Extremely powerful. My heart goes out to all these kids and their families. Surviving is such hard work. This recounting honors that work in a substantial way.

It also makes clear that much of the damage caused will last years - if not lifetimes - for many.

If I were to read a victim impact statement to Nathan & his parents, it would be this article. Anyone culpable in any part for this devastation (and I believe the shooter's parents are) needs to face the justice system & be held accountable.

I'm not sure what the answers are to prevent more death & psychological carnage like this, but I am sure that answers must be found. Society as a whole is being impacted by the results of these traumas. We are all in this together. We must all work together to end school violence.

JMO

Michael Rosenberg
@Rosenberg_Mike

Incredible story. Keegan’s bravery and will to survive saved him. May his strength and spirit recover fully.

Thank you for sharing this one. A snip from the article:

He told them about the other boy who had looked out for him and was then killed in front of him, and about how the shooter pointed for Keegan to lean up against the bathroom wall. Keegan had believed he faced two options: He could follow the shooter’s instructions and get killed. Or he could run and get killed.

He had decided that if he ran, at least they would know he tried. He bolted past Justin, past the backpack with the Speedos in it, out the door and down the hall, past a teacher performing CPR on a kid—who turned out to be Tate Myre—running so fast and so frenetically that his arms flailed, his body an emergency helicopter desperately trying to take off. He ran and screamed and turned a corner and ran through the cafeteria, past the performing arts center and then to the school’s front door.

While a gunman sat in a room full of dead, dying and traumatized children, new police radio transmissions obtained by CNN show Capt. Joel Betancourt giving an order to stop police from entering the classroom.

CNN has obtained a new audio recording of Capt. Joel Betancourt ordering a strike team to wait, more than 70 minutes into the attack. Betancourt says he thought a more highly skilled team was on its way. Separately, police memos highlight criticism of Betancourt, a 15-year veteran of the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS).

And one internal memo describes him before he arrives telling officers to stay away from the school and remain on the perimeter during the initial response to the shooting.

Last edited:
While a gunman sat in a room full of dead, dying and traumatized children, new police radio transmissions obtained by CNN show Capt. Joel Betancourt giving an order to stop police from entering the classroom.

CNN has obtained a new audio recording of Capt. Joel Betancourt ordering a strike team to wait, more than 70 minutes into the attack. Betancourt says he thought a more highly skilled team was on its way. Separately, police memos highlight criticism of Betancourt, a 15-year veteran of the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS).

And one internal memo describes him before he arrives telling officers to stay away from the school and remain on the perimeter during the initial response to the shooting.

Was just going to post this but you did it better!
It just keeps getting worse. This is an unbelievable situation.

Good grief!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amarie969
Back