TX - Zuzu Verk, 22, Alpine, 12 Oct 2016 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in Alpine today and scuddlebutt around town is leaning towards it being her. I just left lunch and overheard two people discussing that there was enough left of the body/items on the body that LEO knows, but have to have a medical confirmation. Not stating this as truth, just what I heard while eating.

I'm just sick over this.....:notgood:

I assumed this would be the case (enough to identify her) when they said they'd have an ID so soon.

Me too, Chevysgirl. I'm sitting in the doctor's office and it's literally the only thing people are talking about. Patients, nurses, everyone.

I can't stop thinking about her, and her family. Why did I dream about her last night? After all this time? I went for a walk and saw her with her Mom, they were both smiling and happy, it was a really nice dream. :tears:

I'm convinced it is her :( That trip to mexico was one huge red herring. RF thinks he is so smart

I knew Wagon Rd sounded familiar. We drove out there one of the times we visited Alpine. I even commented about it on Thread #1 as a place a jeep would be needed to drive further out and as a way to avoid border checkpoints that are near Alpine. As I mentioned, there are homes fairly close to the road and I wondered if anyone had seen the jeep drive by in the middle of the night.

I'd like to know how far out Wagon Rd the shallow grave was found. Borrowing a jeep tells me it's beyond the paved road, but he could have borrowed it to avoid being recognized.

ETA: Correction. The jeep was his. He borrowed an F150. Looking back, I don't think we knew about him borrowing the truck when I posted on thread one. I got the vehicles reversed in my current comment. Sorry for confusion.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Alpine-12-Oct-2016-1&p=12874428#post12874428

I knew Wagon Rd sounded familiar. We drove out there one of the times we visited Alpine. I even commented about it on Thread #1 as a place a jeep would be needed to drive further out and as a way to avoid border checkpoints that are near Alpine. As I mentioned, there are homes fairly close to the road and I wondered if anyone had seen the jeep drive by in the middle of the night.

I'd like to know how far out Wagon Rd the shallow grave was found. Borrowing a jeep tells me it's beyond the paved road, but he could have borrowed it to avoid being recognized.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Alpine-12-Oct-2016-1&p=12874428#post12874428
The Jeep was his, and likely a 2WD. He borrowed an F150 from his brother-in-law.

No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

The Jeep was his, and likely a 2WD. He borrowed an F150 from his brother-in-law.

No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Thanks. You're right. I'd turned it around. Do we know if the F150 was a four wheel drive? If not, I assume it didn't go too far out Wagon Rd.

Since a Border Patrol agent was repairing some of their equipment when he found the body, it would be a good distance from the houses. It was likely motion-detection equipment that alerts BP to people (usually people coming into the US) crossing remote areas. It would be interesting to see if it went off the night Zuzu went missing. Though wildlife could easily set it off most nights I suppose.

Human bones found in Brewster Co., forensic teams arriving on scene

13055488_G.jpg

It is not confirmed that the remains are that of missing Sul Ross State University student Zuzu Verk, who was reported missing last fall.

Brewster County officials also said that forensic teams from San Angelo and El Paso are arriving on the scene.

We're told authorities are waiting for a K-9 officer to come out to the scene from either Midland or San Angelo.

Authorities said the human bones will be sent to a lab to investigate further and the gender of the bones won't be known until the results come back from the lab.

I hope LE is keeping a very close eye on RF and CE. If either one of them is gonna run it'll be now. MOO

Thanks. You're right. I'd turned it around. Do we know if the F150 was a four wheel drive? If not, I assume it didn't go too far out Wagon Rd.

I'm driving around Wagon Rd on streetview. It's crazy! I've at times been unable to go down streets in big cities because the little google dude didn't go there, but this is a small winding, virtually a dirt road and you can drive all along it https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@30.3718709,-103.7738585,3a,52y,83.19h,78.28t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1ss4ECmD8o5C7VAVxxGO66Rg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

I can't stop thinking about her, and her family. Why did I dream about her last night? After all this time? I went for a walk and saw her with her Mom, they were both smiling and happy, it was a really nice dream. :tears:

I'm convinced it is her :( That trip to mexico was one huge red herring. RF thinks he is so smart

Premonition. I'm a strong believer in it.

*All statements are those of my own opinion unless stated.*

I wonder if CE tipped off police after his altercation a couple of weeks ago??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If this is Zuzu and it likely is, I hope they have enough for arrests. All four of them. No deals. Maximum sentences.

Praying for the Verks.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I was just coming to share the news about the body found. I feel sick. I drinitelt want closure for the family, but was praying it wasn't like this!

YES! Good thinking!

That was what I was thinking too but then a Border Patrol officer checking equipment wouldn't have just stumbled across the shallow grave, right?

That was what I was thinking too but then a Border Patrol officer checking equipment wouldn't have just stumbled across the shallow grave, right?

BP does sometimes put sensors and field cameras out in areas where smuggling or border crossing activities occur. So that happening wouldn't be an unlikely scenario. But I'm thinking maybe CE finally decided to get some sense and cut a deal.

There was a phone call with the sheriff on the CBS 7 Facebook page and I think he said there were bones and stuff scattered about like the body had been dug up by animals. So it's sounding like the didn't just blindly stumble over the grave, but saw the scattered bones. Perhaps they found the makeshift grave once they got out there to see the remains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth