UK - 2 boys stabbed to death in Bristol, 15 year old boy and 44 year old man arrested

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Luwin

Reaction score

Two boys, aged 15 and 16, have died after being stabbed in Bristol.
They were attacked in Knowle West at about 23:20 GMT on Saturday by a group of people who fled the scene in a car, Avon and Somerset Police said.
Officers arrived within minutes of being called and gave the boys first aid at the scene, but both died in hospital on Sunday morning.
A 44-year-old man and 15-year-old boy have been arrested and are in custody. A vehicle has also been seized.
Police have launched a murder investigation.

Oh no! I've not heard of Knowle being quite so rough lately but it's always had a reputation. I had friends from there back in the day.
My nephew is a police officer in Bristol but he hasn't been at work over the weekend so won't have been involved.

My thoughts are with the boy's families :(

''The neighbourhood policing team will be setting up a mobile police station near the scene. We encourage anyone with any concerns or questions to speak to any of the officers. High-visibility patrols will also be carried out to provide reassurance to the community.'

He added: 'It is extremely important there should be no commentary or sharing of information or images online which could in any way prejudice and any future proceedings.

'It can be an offence to identify anyone who witnessed all or part of the incident as well as those who have been arrested.

'I'd also like to remind people of the impact the sharing of images, footage or even discussing the incident online may have on the families of the two boys. They are already going through the most difficult of times and you may cause them further upset.'
1706456674429.png
1706456709253.png

They were attacked in Knowle West at about 23:20 GMT on Saturday by a group of people who fled the scene in a car, Avon and Somerset Police said. A 44-year-old man and 15-year-old boy have been arrested and are in custody. Bristol Commander Supt Mark Runacres said at a press conference: "There are further suspects that are being sought amongst the group that we believe are responsible."

Speculation, but I wouldn't be surprised if the 44yo was the father of one of the suspects, and has been arrested for assisting an offender.

It wouldn't be hard to fall into that trap - panic, tell your kid to take a shower while you put their clothes through the washing machine, and all of a sudden you've committed quite a serious offence.

MOO.

Knowle West always was notoriously rough - rougher than Knowle. However, I'm a bit out of date and I know parts of Bristol that were almost no go areas 20 years ago are now fashionable in an edgy way (e.g. parts of Easton). I still struggle to imagine Knowle West gentrifying though!

Speculation, but I wouldn't be surprised if the 44yo was the father of one of the suspects, and has been arrested for assisting an offender.

It wouldn't be hard to fall into that trap - panic, tell your kid to take a shower while you put their clothes through the washing machine, and all of a sudden you've committed quite a serious offence.

MOO.

Knowle West always was notoriously rough - rougher than Knowle. However, I'm a bit out of date and I know parts of Bristol that were almost no go areas 20 years ago are now fashionable in an edgy way (e.g. parts of Easton). I still struggle to imagine Knowle West gentrifying though!

Agreed!. I should have written Knowle West and not just Knowle in my previous post too. I'm from Weston not Bristol, but we had all heard of Knowle West in the 90's when I was a teenager so we were all enthralled when we met some boys from there, bad boys and all that nonsense lol. One of them finally married my friend last year after 4 kids and more than 20 years together :D, although he is more into fishing these days!.

I've not heard anything particularly bad about Knowle West for years but I doubt I'd feel comfortable hanging around if passing through.

Police said the attackers fled from the scene in a car. The force has launched a murder investigation and has arrested a 44-year-old man and 15-year-old boy, who remain in custody.

The Bristol commander Supt Mark Runacres said at a press conference: “There are further suspects that are being sought amongst the group that we believe are responsible.”

He added it remained unclear whether the attackers knew the victims.

Two teenagers who died after being stabbed in Bristol have been named.
The teens, named locally as Max Dixon, 16, and Mason Rist, 15, were attacked by a number of people on Ilminster Avenue in Knowle West at about 23:20 GMT on Saturday. They later died in hospital.
The attackers fled from the scene in a car, Avon and Somerset Police said.
A 44-year-old man and 15-year-old boy have been arrested and remain in custody.
A vigil was held on Sunday evening where the boys were stabbed, with members of the local community attending to light candles and lay flowers.

''Two more people have been arrested in connection with the deaths of two teenage boys in Bristol on Saturday - bringing the total number detained to four.

A 20-year-old man was arrested this morning while a second man, 22, was arrested this afternoon. Both are in custody.''
1706547755949.png
Mason Rist and Max Dixon. Pic: Avon and Somerset Police

It's a strange mix of ages. Usually when kids of those ages get stabbed it's by someone of the same age. Definitely targetted. All imo.

More arrests are expected to be made over the stabbings of two teenagers, police investigating the murders say.

Bristol Police Commander Supt Mark Runacres, who is leading the murder investigation, said he expects there to be more arrests.
"There are numerous live lines of inquiry which are being pursued and progressed... and I confidently anticipate more arrests to follow," he said.
He added that the force had more than 100 officers working on the case.

I don't agree that all or even most parents would cover up for their child. Want them to wash someone else's blood off themselves yes. But launder their clothes, no. The mother of the boy who murdered Tristyn Bailey has been heavily criticized here, and was prosecuted for, washing his jeans a bit in the sink-- as she should have been. You know when you are destroying potential evidence. It doesn't accidentally happen. IMO.

rbbm
''The schoolboy, 15, was murdered in the street in suburban Bristol alongside his childhood friend Max Dixon, 16, in what is feared to be a case of mistaken identity. It is a double tragedy for the loving family who lost their dad Shayne to Covid in 2021.''
1706673212714.png
''The statement read:“If anyone has information please, we beg, inform the police! Until the people have been caught we cannot get justice. Mason you are the best thing that happened to our family and we miss you so much it hurts. We can’t cope without you and can’t wait to see you again. You are so strong and brave, we love you so much. Love Mum, brother and sister, reunited with dad.”
Max Dixon was also killed

''One witness, who did not want to be named, told The Mirror the attack seemed targeted. She said: “They knew exactly what they were doing, it was brutal. They went straight for them with what looked like machetes but there is no way on Earth they got the right lads. I can’t get it out of my head.”

rbbm
''The schoolboy, 15, was murdered in the street in suburban Bristol alongside his childhood friend Max Dixon, 16, in what is feared to be a case of mistaken identity. It is a double tragedy for the loving family who lost their dad Shayne to Covid in 2021.''
View attachment 479448
''The statement read:“If anyone has information please, we beg, inform the police! Until the people have been caught we cannot get justice. Mason you are the best thing that happened to our family and we miss you so much it hurts. We can’t cope without you and can’t wait to see you again. You are so strong and brave, we love you so much. Love Mum, brother and sister, reunited with dad.”

''One witness, who did not want to be named, told The Mirror the attack seemed targeted. She said: “They knew exactly what they were doing, it was brutal. They went straight for them with what looked like machetes but there is no way on Earth they got the right lads. I can’t get it out of my head.”

machetes??!! jc

Three more people have been arrested following the fatal stabbings of teenagers Mason Rist and Max Dixon in Bristol on Saturday.
Two boys, aged 15 and 16, have been arrested on suspicion of murder while a 46-year-old woman has been arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to murder.
All three are currently in police custody.
A total of eight people have now been detained as part of the investigation into the killings.

Two boys, 15 and 16 and woman, 46, are arrested over suspected murder of two teenagers in Bristol as total number detained by police rises to eight​

[Many photos at link]

A man has been charged with the murders of two teenagers in Bristol on Saturday.
Anthony Snook, 44, is charged with murders of teenagers Mason Rist, 15, and Max Dixon, 16, in the Knowle West area of the city.
Mr Snook, of Hartcliffe, will appear at Bristol Magistrates' Court tomorrow.
Avon and Somerset Police said a total of eight people have been arrested as part of its investigation.
Five others, in addition to Mr Snook, are still in police custody. Two have been released on bail.

Bristol police charge 44-year-old man with murder after two boys aged 15 and 16 are stabbed to death - as victim's weeping mother tells vigil how she's 'never going to see my boy again​

Two boys, one aged 15, and one aged 16, have been charged with murder over the deaths of Mason Rist and Max Dixon.

The teenagers, who cannot be named for legal reasons, will appear at Bristol Youth Court tomorrow.
Avon and Somerset Police have also charged two men with two counts of assisting an offender.
Bailey Westcott, 22, of Bishopsworth, Bristol, and Jamie Ogbourne, 26, of Hartcliffe, Bristol, will appear at Bristol Magistrates' Court tomorrow.
Earlier today, Antony Snook, 44, from Hartcliffe, Bristol, appeared at Bristol Magistrates' Court charged with two counts of murder.
He will appear at Bristol Crown Court tomorrow.

A 14-year-old girl has been arrested in connection with the deaths of two teenagers in Bristol last weekend.

Mason Rist, 15, and Max Dixon, 16, died on January 27 after being attacked in the Knowle West area of the city.

Avon and Somerset Police said the girl and a 49-year-old woman are being questioned in custody on suspicion of assisting an offender after being arrested on Sunday morning.

It brings the total number of people arrested in connection with the killings to 12.

Three people are charged with murder and two are charged with assisting an offender.

A 17-year-old boy has become the fourth person charged with the murders of two teenagers in Bristol.
Det Supt Gary Haskins said: "A dozen people have now been arrested since the tragic events in south Bristol last weekend.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow
Back