UK - 39 bodies found in lorry container, Essex, 23 Oct 2019 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why MR opened the lorry doors at the Waterglade Industrial site, when the farm / industrial site they are reported to regularly use to transfer migrants into minibuses is really not far away. In early reports he was said by witnesses to have been parked at Waterglade all day before he went to collect the trailer. Why didn't he go straight to the farm? Did they have reason to think there was a problem?

They are clearly two cheeks of the same arse. Operating as a part of a criminal organisation. Different arms operating importation of drugs, human trafficking, cigarettes etc.
EH sadly is the whipping boy...he screwed up the operation. Undoubtedly because of this huge bungle RH & Maher felt they had a lot too loose. It would not be surprising that the threats came from them or on orders from those higher up.

I do believe this investigation has opened a huge Pandora’s box and that it is only a matter of time until others known by investigative team get brought in. They will certainly know names and be doing further investigations on them.

MR and others can claim they only did ‘several’ of these illegal runs, but these investigators are not silly. They know now this criminal organisation has been operating for some years. EH must have other information that RH and Maher di not want leaking. They have plead guilty, but EH is certainly scared. He certainly must of profited from being involved yet he’s a man of modest means? Very iffy

From digging around on some of his former drivers' social media pages, TMT also mainly did continental work including a lot of trips to Spain and Portugal. They had some very fancy trucks for a small haulage company. Many with Bulgarian plates too, Mo's truck was registered to a company in Bulgaria which coincidentally also had the abbreviation TMT, Today's Movements Tomorrow. Hughes also had a business registered in Bulgaria. I don't think that's a coincidence.

Mo's truck wasn't the first truck that changed hands between both companies, Ronan Hughes' blue bullnose Scania which he used to take to truck shows was later sold to TMT on Dutch plates.

Attachments

• tmt1.jpg
    tmt1.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 25
  • rhughes.jpg
    rhughes.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 15
Wasn’t Thomas Maher Transport (TMT) put out of business due to irregularities, only to magically surface as TMT standing for the new name?

Not a co-incidence at all.

And I note that RH is now using an Armagh address rather than Monaghan. I wonder why that might be?

Wasn’t Thomas Maher Transport (TMT) put out of business due to irregularities, only to magically surface as TMT standing for the new name?

Not a co-incidence at all.

And I note that RH is now using an Armagh address rather than Monaghan. I wonder why that might be?
Maybe legal technicality. UK law as opposed to European after Brexit. Legal Aid granted easier. I guess his solicitors/barristers are advising him well

O
I wonder why MR opened the lorry doors at the Waterglade Industrial site, when the farm / industrial site they are reported to regularly use to transfer migrants into minibuses is really not far away. In early reports he was said by witnesses to have been parked at Waterglade all day before he went to collect the trailer. Why didn't he go straight to the farm? Did they have reason to think there was a problem?

Could be simple as the time of night that MR picked up the trailer from the docks?
Could be that those operating from the farm didn’t want any trucks going there after a set time at night?
Maybe this was the back up plan if things go wrong? Far riskier transfer at the industrial park rather than the farm?

O

Could be simple as the time of night that MR picked up the trailer from the docks?
Could be that those operating from the farm didn’t want any trucks going there after a set time at night?
Maybe this was the back up plan if things go wrong? Far riskier transfer at the industrial park rather than the farm?
Exactly - why would he open the lorry when he was alone? Very risky. There is no suggestion that the minibus fleet were at Waterglades. Did he already know that these migrants were at risk in a way that other groups he transported were not?

Exactly - why would he open the lorry when he was alone? Very risky. There is no suggestion that the minibus fleet were at Waterglades. Did he already know that these migrants were at risk in a way that other groups he transported were not?

Imo I think that it was purely down to the earlier sailing being missed. That was the issue....time.
MR wouldn’t of known that they had all perished at sea. I very much doubt anyone would of known unless someone in the trailer made contact with the organiser in France? If that was known then I truly think the trailer would of been abandoned at the dock. No way would MR of gone to pick that trailer up, no one in their right mind would.

Some news from Vietnam, four people have been jailed for their role in the deaths:

Yahoo is now a part of Verizon Media

"I honestly don't want the defendants to face long prison sentences as I know that it was just an accident," said Thin, Tra My's father, who attended the trial.

"Handing them long prison terms won't help me get back my daughter," Thin said."

No but it might deter others who think people trafficking, and by means lacking any H&S consideration that can lead to such 'accidents', is a good way to make money.

Thomas Maher convicted:

Haulage boss facing 'substantial' sentence over drug trafficking

Interestingly it seems the GBH he was accused of planning was against Ronan Hughes, whereas earlier reports seemed to say that he and RH plotted GBH against someone else.

Other reports of this conviction say that TH was part of the network using the encryption that the police and other agencies have recently cracked.

He plead guilty so no interrogation or airing in a public court of the details.

As with RH.

Some interesting quotes in this article.

"Gardaí described the father of three as a "logistics manager" for all of the country's main drugs gangs."

"Maher, who has been living "the high life" in the UK, was arrested for possession of €250,000 worth of drugs in Newbridge, Co Kildare, ten years ago after being arrested with another man by gardaí in that case."

Irish man guilty of smuggling and money laundering

"On 2 April last, Maher organised the collection of 11 kilos of cocaine at a garage in Lierop in the Netherlands which were then smuggled through Dunkirk in France, Dover in England before arriving two days later in Donabate, Dublin.

In another job, Maher arranged for 10 kilos of cocaine to be collected near De Strubben, also in the Netherlands, and again delivered to the outskirts of Dublin.

He also moved the cash the other way, transferring €305,000 from Ireland to the Netherlands, on which he charged commission."

Haulier pleads guilty to drugs, moneylaundering charges

"On 2 April last, Maher organised the collection of 11 kilos of cocaine at a garage in Lierop in the Netherlands which were then smuggled through Dunkirk in France, Dover in England before arriving two days later in Donabate, Dublin.

In another job, Maher arranged for 10 kilos of cocaine to be collected near De Strubben, also in the Netherlands, and again delivered to the outskirts of Dublin.

He also moved the cash the other way, transferring €305,000 from Ireland to the Netherlands, on which he charged commission."

Haulier pleads guilty to drugs, moneylaundering charges

Article states the Gardaí knobbled him in May over the €600k
Then pounced with the encrypted messages in June. They had been watching him like a hawk and had him sussed. Probably watching his every move, phone calls etc.
Who in their right mind would try and move nearly a million Euro with multi-agencies breathing down his neck, and carry on importing and exporting. He was doing what those higher up than him were telling him too.
Hardly living high life at all. Not an elaborate house, couple of nice motors, probably a couple of decent his n hers watches.
Hardly the Cheshire Set.

I can see some moving and shaking on the horizon. It’s going to get messy. These are going to be, I suspect, heavy heavy sentences. No one wants to do these large sentences, there’s always the concern they will talk which no doubt they will, they will want to do the least jail as possible.
Any more news on EH?

I looked up the hair salon of which he is a named director. It doesn’t appear to have any actual hairdressing premises. On street view it looks like an office above a pharmacy.

As logistics manager for organised crime I wonder whether he was co-ordinating RH? Hence the GBH threats. I guess the police picked that up in the encrypted calls too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomgetty