GUILTY UK - Adrian Murphy, 43, found dead of poisoning, Battersea, 4 Jun 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A teenager has been charged with the murder of a 43-year-old man and the poisoning of another in two separate incidents.

Diana Cristea, 18, was arrested on Tuesday and charged in connection with the death of dancer Adrian Murphy, months after his body was found in a block of flats in Battersea on June 4, 2019.

She was also charged with poisoning by administering a substance to endanger life in a separate incident on May 30, 2019, against a 40-year-old man in Walthamstow.

Cristea is also charged with two counts of theft and two counts of fraud, in relation to both victims.

She will appear at Wimbledon Magistrates’ Court on January 15.

Teenager charged with murdering man and poisoning another

Joel Osei, 25, of no fixed abode, previously appeared before Highbury Corner Magistrates' Court where he was charged with two counts of poisoning, two counts of theft, and six counts of fraud by false representation.

He was also subsequently charged with Mr Murphy's murder and is due to next appear at the Old Bailey on 17 February.

The 40-year-old man who was found in Walthamstow was taken to hospital but later discharged.

Woman, 18, charged with murder and poisoning

26 October 2019

Joel Osei, 24, appeared at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court on Saturday accused of administering scopolamine, a motion sickness drug, to Adrian Murphy on 1 June.

Murphy’s body was discovered in a block of flats at Lombard Road, Battersea, on 4 June.

The drug, also known as hyoscine, can cause side effects such as sleepiness and blurred vision in regular doses.

Mr Osei, of no fixed abode, is also alleged to have administered the same drug to another man on 30 May.

The Metropolitan Police said the victim had been drugged by someone he met on social media and invited to his flat in Walthamstow.

The defendant is also charged with two counts of theft in relation to items taken from addresses during the two incidents and six charges of fraud for using the credit card of the earlier alleged victim.

Man charged with poisoning two people after ‘suspicious’ death of Adrian Murphy

27 NOVEMBER, 2019

A man has been charged in relation to the death of Adrian Murphy in June of this year.

Adrian Murphy, who was originally from Kilkenny, was found dead at a block of flats in Battersea, south-west London, on June 4.

Officers leading the investigation suspected he was lured to the location through chatting with a user on Grindr. Items were reported as having been stolen, including mobile phones and cash.

A 24 year-old was arrested on suspicion of rape, murder, and theft. They were released on bail but placed under investigation. A 17 year-old girl was also arrested on June 12; she was also released under investigation.

Man charged in relation to death of Irish dancer Adrian Murphy

Last edited:
I have come across hyoscine before but never this one, great article here about scopolamine, makes interesting reading, imagine the trial for this will be worth sitting through...

Scopolamine: Is This Mind-Control Drug the “Most Dangerous” in the World?
Thanks, scopolamine didn't ring a bell, but Devil's Breath did, although I was expecting it to be GHB. This isn't the story I was thinking of, as it was more recent and in Tenerife, but here's an example:

A Belgian man’s horrific death in Gran Canaria in 2015 was caused by the lethal drug scopo-lamine, also known as “Devil’s Breath”, say scientists.

They say he was given the drug, which is odourless and tasteless, as part of a bid to rob him and his friend when they were in a bar in Playa del Inglés. They were part of a larger group enjoying a cycling holiday.

The findings make his death the first confirmed case of death by scopolamine in Spain.

Scientists confirm man’s death in Gran Canaria was due to spiked drink - Tenerife News - Official Website

Found the Tenerife story:

David, from Bray, Co Wicklow, was approached by a woman who he claimed was trying to seduce him.

After he pushed her away she sprayed him in the face with a substance which was later found to be a date rape drug called "Devil's Breath."

He told the Irish Independent: "I remember very few things after being sprayed.

"My phone was taken, gold watch, bracelet, €600 from my wallet and I was then taken to a ATM and the girl proceeded to take what money she could from my Irish and Swiss bank accounts until the cards declined. This drug turns you into a zombie.

Irishman sprayed with date rape drug and forced to empty bank account in Tenerife

Frightening just how easy it is to get hold of, not even having to use the dark web, how cheap it is, and how it is colourless and odourless, I think we might see more cases like this, and it may be that other unsolved cases may be looked into again. I had not heard of this before today, and I did 4 years of study in pharmacy and biological sciences (says more about my terrible memory than anything else), thank god for google!

Just went through to checkout on the site I quoted earlier and could have purchased this drug with no issues at all, as they use Western Union for the payments, this site came up on the first page of a google search, payment would have been euro 130.00, world’s gone mad, I say that at least once every day!

Both DC and JO next up at the Old Bailey or Central Criminal Court (you choose) on 17 February 2020, both RIC. Imagine next hearing will be a PCMH and to tie the two defendants indictments together for easier management, plenty of offences between them in addition to murder, hope there is live reporting for the trial.

A “RUTHLESS” couple murdered an Irish dance champion and poisoned another man with a drug known as “Devil’s Breath” after meeting them through the dating app Grindr, a court heard.

Diana Cristea, 18, and Joel Osei, 25, both deny killing Adrian Murphy with the drug between May 31 and June 5 last year at the 17th-storey flat he was staying at in Battersea, South London.

[T]he pair then allegedly used his name to try and buy more than US$80,000 worth of diamonds from a jeweller in New York, Croydon Crown Court heard.

They are also accused of poisoning a second man on May 30, 2019, before stealing about £2,000 of his belongings.

Couple murdered Irish dance champ with 'devil’s breath' poison, court hears

Adrian Murphy: Man jailed for dancer's 'devil's breath' drug murder

Jailing Osei for life on Friday, Mr Justice William Davis said the pair "left Mr Murphy for dead".

He said: "You gave Mr Murphy, quite deliberately, a significant dose of a drug which you know could cause death."

Osei was given a concurrent sentence of five years in prison for administering a poison or noxious substance so as to endanger life against the surviving victim, and no separate penalty for multiple counts of theft and fraud.

Cristea, who was convicted of the same offences, will be sentenced at a later date.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bear_With_Me
Back