UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup. It’s own personal perception tbh I wouldn’t care if I was arrested for lashing out at someone who had done what he did to my daughter I tell you that. But everyone is different.

We had a dad out here in the US who waylaid his son's karate instructor molester and abductor and shot him dead at the airport as he was being extradited back from CA. (The son was not killed).

He got a 7 year suspended sentence for the killing.

I would never vote to convict a parent for something like that. Nope.

I feel the same. I switched off from live stream yesterday, I was sobbing like a baby, actually felt a tug in my chest and I didn’t even know her ! When the crying started , I did see a flicker of emotion from Lord Matthews, I think even he struggled to continue and didn’t quite know what to do. I saw a few deep breaths .

I saw that too. It must have been very hard for him and all court personnel.

We had a dad out here in the US who waylaid his son's karate instructor molester and abductor and shot him dead at the airport as he was being extradited back from CA. (The son was not killed).

He got a 7 year suspended sentence for the killing.

I would never vote to convict a parent for something like that. Nope.

I'm afraid I would. I would want the judge to give them a light sentence but guilty is guilty even if you sympathise with the motive. Its up to the courts to punish people, not vigilantes.

There would have been, but she would still have been in trouble. The law's the law.

I don't know about that. Her emotions would've been a huge mitigator. A good defense here in the states at least. Insane with grief? Talk about a true mental illness defense.

I think the people of Scotland would've been overjoyed. And none but his mother would've shed a tear.

It would be very tough to arrest prosecute a parent for that.

And if I was the mother I wouldn't care what happened to me. My life would already be over. I think the only thing stopping her is she has another child.

It's one we won't ever hear unless the victim comes forward which I doubt will happen, not that I want it to. Without saying too much I seriously have to question the parents further, especially his mother. Maybe she hid his behaviour from his father. He may have known his son had issues but may not have known the extent of his growing depravity. There's burying your head in the sand and then there's enabling a monster.

Like Eve71 pointed out, I haven't seen a single positive comment, other than from his mom (less said about her the better, for my liking). Not even the usual shocked comments from residents, in disbelief such a seemingly nice guy could do this.

I believed most of the rumours or that they at least had some truth in them, probably after his nonchalant 'I found the guy who did it' message.

Sorry if I come across as aggressive here, it just makes me angry as I know what rumour you mean and fully believe it.

I don't know about any rumors but hearing his mother's reaction after the sentence? Painting her son as no -violent and she just wanted to protect him? That seems outrageous under the circumstances and I got the jist pretty quickly as to possible issues with parenting.

I agree with all you've written. And the emotion behind it.

I'm afraid I would. I would want the judge to give them a light sentence but guilty is guilty even if you sympathise with the motive. Its up to the courts to punish people, not vigilantes.

There are defenses to murder and assault. Being out of one's mind with grief and unable to think clearly is certainly one.

These aren't "vigilantes" IMO. They're utterly destroyed parents who can't cope with their grief and horror.

Huge difference from some citizen deciding to take the law into their own hands.

There are defenses to murder and assault. Being out of one's mind with grief and unable to think clearly is certainly one.

These aren't "vigilantes" IMO. They're utterly destroyed parents who can't cope with their grief and horror.

Huge difference from some citizen deciding to take the law into their own hands.
Legally, its not that huge. Its still wrong, even though the emotions are obviously understandable.

We shouldn't be going down the route of justifying violence on this forum anyhow, regardless of how we feel.

Agree 100%

We all said that about our first case but, one day (sadly) there'll be another in the news and you'll come straight here because you know that what's posted here is based on factsn not gossip.

Each case stays with you and you often think of them and their families.
This has been the 1st case I've been fully invested in , thank you for your views and opinions . RIP lovely girl

I was just looking on Twitter and the headlines re to AC and wondered;
I can't remember reading about any other killer who's boasted as much as he has in his twisted way nor gave evidence at his own trial. Unless I'm wrong. No wonder this case will forever stay with you apart from the obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rustygirl1600