UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

The sun have took CJs vid on his fb and made it into a story as if he’s approached them. Rags.

Since there are a few new users joined in the thread tonight this is the petition Aleshas uncle has set up, if you all wish to sign it would be much appreciated I’m sure.

Over 16 to be able to receive full punishment sentences for serious crimes such as murder or rape | Campaigns by You

Legally, its not that huge. Its still wrong, even though the emotions are obviously understandable.

We shouldn't be going down the route of justifying violence on this forum anyhow, regardless of how we feel.

I disagree. While I would never advocate violence and I don't think it would actually help any type of healing either, a mother jumping over a courtroom barrier to attack her small daughter's murderer would be exactly the type of incident where violence is justified, IMO. At least excusable.

I disagree. While I would never advocate violence and I don't think it would actually help any type of healing either, a mother jumping over a courtroom barrier to attack her small daughter's murderer would be exactly the type of incident where violence is justified, IMO. At least excusable.

It would be excusable. It’s happened too many times and nothing has been done. So if Genie was able to jump over and get him (which she wasn’t due to a patrician to protect him and only him whilst he was handcuffed to a guard) then she would of been excused. I believe this 100%

Excusable, yes. Justified, no not in my opinion - it would only be justified if he was getting away with it and the law couldn't or wouldn't help. Once the guy's in court, convicted and being sentenced it is not justified to turn violent even though its understandable.

Where does that end anyway? What if the defendants mother is then so incensed by the attack on her son that she attacks the other mother? Then a member of the other family attacks her and on an on. That's how blood feuds start, I prefer courts and judges and juries.

We would all prefer that, thank you. Opposition to people taking the law into their own hands doesn't mean I'm any less disgusted by this crime than you are.

Yes let’s agree to disagree. There’s too many cases whereby victims families have lashed out in court and not been arrested. That’s my point. I also agree that violence resulting in more violence is pointless but it may just have made Genie feel better for a split second and I’m all for that.

Yes let’s agree to disagree. There’s too many cases whereby victims families have lashed out in court and not been arrested. That’s my point. I also agree that violence resulting in more violence is pointless but it may just have made Genie feel better for a split second and I’m all for that.
I will have to agree to disagree because I don't think that ever leads anywhere good.

I doubt this guy will ever walk free again, and I also think he'll be treated like the lowest of the low inside. Hopefully Genie knows that too, she doesn't need to lift a finger.

I was just looking on Twitter and the headlines re to AC and wondered;
I can't remember reading about any other killer who's boasted as much as he has in his twisted way nor gave evidence at his own trial. Unless I'm wrong. No wonder this case will forever stay with you apart from the obvious.

It really is crazy. I can’t think of another case like it. A not guilty, a special defence, a 2 week trial, a guilty verdict and then an admission of guilt with a taster of how he got her out the door. It’s beyond fiction. Reading that in a book 2 years ago would have us like nah, not possible. Anything is possible now IMo.

I have sympathy for AC's sister - she's just starting out in life.

True,but a big part of me thinks that she is possibly the only person in the world to gain something out of this tragedy.Although I am sure that it is going to take her a huge amount of therapy to move on with the freedom she has now her brother has no control over her life anymore.

It's one we won't ever hear unless the victim comes forward which I doubt will happen, not that I want it to. Without saying too much I seriously have to question the parents further, especially his mother. Maybe she hid his behaviour from his father. He may have known his son had issues but may not have known the extent of his growing depravity. There's burying your head in the sand and then there's enabling a monster.

Like Eve71 pointed out, I haven't seen a single positive comment, other than from his mom (less said about her the better, for my liking). Not even the usual shocked comments from residents, in disbelief such a seemingly nice guy could do this.

I believed most of the rumours or that they at least had some truth in them, probably after his nonchalant 'I found the guy who did it' message.

Sorry if I come across as aggressive here, it just makes me angry as I know what rumour you mean and fully believe it.

Exactly this!,if said rumour is true(fully believe it is unfortunately) then it is very hard not to place some blame,or at least express the opinion that she was burying her head in the sand with her actions(or lack thereof),I do believe though that she was seriously out of her depth,and her husband must take his share of the criticism too however much he is trying to hide.

That photo of him at 10 makes me sad. All killers are kids at some point and you never want to believe in a matter of years that they could go on to become such depraved individuals. I mean some have even killed at that age, but it's just hard to imagine. As a parent, I'm sure you never think your child will be capable of such a thing.

Exactly this!,if said rumour is true(fully believe it is unfortunately) then it is very hard not to place some blame,or at least express the opinion that she was burying her head in the sand with her actions(or lack thereof),I do believe though that she was seriously out of her depth,and her husband must take his share of the criticism too however much he is trying to hide.
Her perfect son could do no wrong, is the impression I get with her. Even when this happened she seemed to have to get pushed into checking the CCTV. I suppose we'll never know how much his father knew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rustygirl1600