UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right? And people talk about leaving their door unlocked. No thank you.

I know, it’s always confused me that aspect but then where some ppl feel less safe other feel mighty safe so again it’s all perception eh. Could be the MacPhail family have lived there all their lives where as joe bloggs a few doors down hasn’t. The difference in properties of ACs house and RMs is huge aswell tbh. Probably at least £100k more in sale terms.

I know, it’s always confused me that aspect tbh.

To be honest I've never understood that anyway but it's probably just because I'm from Glasgow but I would always lock my door no matter where I am. I feel like it's kind of inviting people in if you don't? I know it's not really but I just like the security. I couldn't sleep knowing my door was open to anyone.

To be honest I've never understood that anyway but it's probably just because I'm from Glasgow but I would always lock my door no matter where I am. I feel like it's kind of inviting people in if you don't? I know it's not really but I just like the security. I couldn't sleep knowing my door was open to anyone.

Yeah i’m the same. I couldn’t imagine leaving any doors open, ever!

I think this " we can leave our doors open" is just a saying that people have in small communities. I think it harps back to the past though.
Yes its a cliché people reach for when they want to express how safe they usually feel in their community. In reality there are small rural communities where people do literally leave their front doors open all day, but what people forget to point out is that those communities also have a barky dog and a shotgun in virtually every house.

I believe she instantly knew. Then she shouldnt have had to consult. Anyway that's what my mother would have done, but they don't all come as honest and good as her.
Yip I believe this also. I mentioned in a previous post it’s one of the first things I heard about the case and it’s what stuck with me the most, I think the exact words used were she knew what he was capable of. Still now I think about the moment his mother first heard about Alesha and the realisation hitting here that it could possibly have been her son. I just remember thinking how bad must he really have been, or what did they know about him that they would ever, never mind instantly think he could be capable of that sort of thing. It’s such a horrific crime that IMO there has got to have been previous instances of that nature for you to link someone with that type of crime. I thought the interview she gave when she said she went into check on him in the morning gave that suspicious vibe off also.

Yes I’ve always thought the CCTV was more for ACs movements although I was shocked how many people on an island with apparent low crime rates have CCTV. Nearly everyone along that street.

Maybe because they knew first-hand of his various activities?...just a thought(although obviously they could never had dreamt what they would eventually capture)

I think a lot of people would have CCTV anyway - that area has some large houses. There's a huge one up on Gorten Rd that AC would have ran past - wonder if anything was caught on that or maybe it was out the perimeter?
Probably another reason as to why AC took the beach route. He must just have brazened out coming back into his house with it's CCTV.

I think a lot of people would have CCTV anyway - that area has some large houses. There's a huge one up on Gorten Rd that AC would have ran past - wonder if anything was caught on that or maybe it was out the perimeter?
Probably another reason as to why AC took the beach route. He must just have brazened out coming back into his house with it's CCTV.
Maybe he thought his mother would cover for him. Or maybe he's just not too bright. After all, he insisted on pleading not guilty even when it was obvious there was plenty of evidence to convict him, and even though I'm sure his lawyers would have told him that pleading guilty would get him a shorter sentence.

His thought processes aren't normal at any stage of this crime or its aftermath.

I would guess that he believed his mum would never give it over and would accept his explanations,given that she mostly covered for everything else he did

Completely agree with you guys saying she knew. She KNEW her son was a wrongin. IMO
I don’t have children but I do have nieces and nephews. Been thinking of my little 3yr old niece who lives in Edinburgh, and how much of a fun bubbly little interesting person she is. In 3 years time she’ll be the age Alesha had her life taken and was destroyed. That word destroyed is what AC (sh1thead) did to her. It’s mind-blowing.
I’ve been thinking about AC’s mother. Do I feel sympathy for her or anger? What do you do with a monster in your home? Did she do nothing? Or did she seek out help from authorities throughout his life?

I'm sure she knew - she said her heart sank when she saw him on the playback. I think perhaps she was too controlled in the relationship to turn him in without her friend's backup. I don't personally think she's the dominant one in that household

Yes I’ve always thought the CCTV was more for ACs movements although I was shocked how many people on an island with apparent low crime rates have CCTV. Nearly everyone along that street.

Hmmm not just a coincidence maybe. I reckon the neighbours had a lot of suspicions/experience of that hateful boy

Maybe he thought his mother would cover for him. Or maybe he's just not too bright. After all, he insisted on pleading not guilty even when it was obvious there was plenty of evidence to convict him, and even though I'm sure his lawyers would have told him that pleading guilty would get him a shorter sentence.

His thought processes aren't normal at any stage of this crime or its aftermath.

I think he wanted it to go to trial so Alesha's family would hear details they wouldn't otherwise have done. He loved making Genie suffer, hence all the smirking etc. IMO he dragged them through the trial for his own amusement

I think he wanted it to go to trial so Alesha's family would hear details they wouldn't otherwise have done. He loved making Genie suffer, hence all the smirking etc. IMO he dragged them through the trial for his own amusement
I think so too. I also get the sense of a general sadism towards society at large, if that makes any sense? Like he wanted to horrify the public listening as much as possible, and I bet he thought he'd get a lighter sentence than he did too because of his age and was expecting it to cause general anguish and outrage which would have further amused him. For all his smirking, I bet the 27 years came as a bit of a shock, he was probably expecting something like 8-10 years or thereabouts. So I'm glad the judge put the kybosh on that anyway.

The whole key in the door thing terrifies me. I left the family home last year and moved in with my boyfriend. We have no children but on several occasions he has left his keys in the front door on the outside without realising. I’ve done it once myself. Our door locks from the inside by turning a knob so it has been easily missed. The last time he done it was when the trial was ongoing and whilst I doubt anyone would be able to kidnap myself - a 24 year old woman - it still horrified me and I stressed to him that we need to be extra careful and make sure this never happens again!!

Yup, he wanted to drag this out as long as viably possible and that meant a trial, a special defence then an admission of guilt. I don’t think it will be long until we hear something else about him, he craves attention.

“Last night, a friend who provided photos to the Record was still at a loss to explain how Campbell could be capable of such a shocking crime.

He speculated that “drug and alcohol abuse” in his teen years could have been a factor.”

Feel bad for his friends too, they must be so shaken up, honestly don’t know how I’d feel if one of my best mates done something like this

Face of evil: Aaron Campbell pictured smirking hours before killing Alesha

I believe you have to appeal within 21 days after sentencing, so if he is going to try that we'll probably hear within the next few weeks? Do you think there's any chance he will? Would it be Lord Matthews again that he would go before?

Oh nevermind, I forgot that it goes to a panel of judges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomgetty