GUILTY UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
His mugshot is the best photo that's been taken of him, to be fair. If he wasn't a deranged child murderer he should probably have used it as his profile pic for Facebook or something.

You’re right it is. And yes, he’s probably fuming he can’t use it as his fb pic. In fact he’ll never have fb again. Bet that really, really grates him

On reflection I just checked CJ MacPhails fb page and he wrote this tonight...

Please watch as the last petition was shut down by 38 degrees site with no warning or notification.

Sign the Petition

Please Share i need as many people to sign this as possible.

BBM - strange, why would it be closed down.

That’s the one I signed on Friday. Why was it shut down??

Did he name AC in the original petition by any chance? Its just that some of those petition sites have rules against petitions about individual cases, you can only petition for general changes in the law.

Yeah he did and that was my initial thought although he has named her again, first name though, on this petition also. Time will tell if this gets closed down aswell.

Yeah let’s just keep that thought. I need something to try and distance myself from this case, i’m still finding it extremely difficult to close this thread down from my watched thread, i’ll admit it’s hard. The worst by far, it’s just not leaving me. Part of me doesn’t want to, part of me does and part of me can’t. It’s strange.

Snap! I could have written exactly that , word for word. Can’t stop thinking about her either. There’s something about that little girl and I have no idea what it is...

Yeah he did and that was my initial thought although he has named her again, first name though, on this petition also. Time will tell if this gets closed down aswell.
I expect that's why then. He needs to word it so that he's petitioning for a change in the law for 16 year olds generally, not AC in particular.

Would he have got much more as an adult though. Maybe 3 years but really I honestly think 27 years is alot at 16 years old, not enough of course, but would any amount be enough? I don’t think so tbh.

I think he would have gotten more honestly. I think you can feel that Lord Matthews detests him. I honestly believe he might have bested his own record that he gave to Angus Sinclair. I do agree though that 27 is a lot for under 18, unprecedented actually, but yeah which amount would be enough? None really.

Also, I think you're both right about the naming him thing, that's probably why.

I think you can feel that Lord Matthews detests him. I honestly believe he might have bested his own record that he gave to Angus Sinclair.

No amount of years would satisfy any of us wholly. Also, Angus Sinclair was a repeat offender who had many victims and I really don’t think anymore than 30 years could be given by law on even an adult with no previous criminal record and only one victim, unfortunately. Remember I don’t agree I am just thinking about it logically and the guidelines in place for judges, Lord Matthews doesn’t hold all the cards (I wish he bloody did mind you).

Would he have got much more as an adult though. Maybe 3 years but really I honestly think 27 years is alot at 16 years old, not enough of course, but would any amount be enough? I don’t think so tbh.

No, like you say there’s not much in it...couple of years maybe. I was happy to sign but realistically the sentence would have not been much more...yet , 3 extra years is still 3 extra years....

On reflection I just checked CJ MacPhails fb page and he wrote this tonight...

Please watch as the last petition was shut down by 38 degrees site with no warning or notification.

Sign the Petition

Please Share i need as many people to sign this as possible.

BBM - strange, why would it be closed down.

Not saying this is why the petition closed, but I'm pretty sure we're signed up to an international treaty which would make this a non-starter.

I need to Google it, it's about youth justice and I remember agreeing with it, but I didn't take into account the likes of AC.

I think Obama said it was one of his biggest regrets that the US weren't signed up to it.

I'll go Google.

No, like you say there’s not much in it...couple of years maybe. I was happy to sign but realistically the sentence would have not been much more...yet , 3 extra years is still 3 extra years....

Your right though. 3 years is 3 years and if CJ can change the law then I’m all for it. Whatever makes the family feel better or feel like they are making a difference is great in my book.

Not saying this is why the petition closed, but I'm pretty sure we're signed up to an international treaty which would make this a non-starter.

I need to Google it, it's about youth justice and I remember agreeing with it, but I didn't take into account the likes of AC.

I think Obama said it was one of his biggest regrets that the US weren't signed up to it.

I'll go Google.
That's interesting, I didn't know that. I was just thinking of UK law, where its not really done to petition politicians about an individual convict's sentence, it would be interfering with the independence of the judiciary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GoldfishDeluxe