UK - Alison McBlaine, 36, Hit and run, Blackburn 19th November 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Mrs Marple

Reaction score
Not so much a hit and run but deliberately mown down in the street

Blackburn and Darwen Police

POLICE have launched a murder enquiry after a Blackburn woman died after she was deliberately run down by a car. Alison McBlaine, 36, (pictured) sadly passed away this afternoon (Thursday, November 21st) in hospital following the collision in Blackburn on Tuesday night. Her family, including her 12-year-old son Reagan, were by her bedside. Police believe the car, a Fiat Punto Grande, deliberately mounted the pavement before colliding with Alison, and a second pedestrian, a man aged 26 from Blackburn. He received more minor injuries. The incident happened at 7.48pm on Tuesday (November 19th) on Whalley Banks at the junction with Pearson Street.

Some MSM outlets are spelling Alison's surname McBlain.

So the other injured person was just random or was he walking with her? Was she the target? They have a 25 year old in custody according to the above article, so it will all come out soon, just wondering. Moo.

Not sure Biscuits. I got the impression they were together. I wonder if a woman has done this. It was planned as the plates were false but it's such a crime of ...rage. But it also showed complete disregard for anyone else in the vicinity. This is personal and probably more than one person involved, in order to know where she was. Has someone close to her betrayed her? JMO etc.

Not sure Biscuits. I got the impression they were together. I wonder if a woman has done this. It was planned as the plates were false but it's such a crime of ...rage. But it also showed complete disregard for anyone else in the vicinity. This is personal and probably more than one person involved, in order to know where she was. Has someone close to her betrayed her? JMO etc.
I agree about it being an act of rage. Interesting that the male victim and the male suspect are close in age 26 and 25. Moo.

Detectives investigating the murder of a Blackburn woman have released new information about two men they are looking for.

Kaylib Connolly, 18 (pictured, left) and Dean Qayum, 20 (pictured, right), both from the Blackburn area, are wanted by police following the murder of Alison McBlaine.
upload_2019-11-24_7-3-9.jpeg
Anyone with information should contact police on 101 quoting log 0915 of November 20.

You can also contact independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111anonymously.
Police release new information in Blackburn murder investigation

Detectives investigating the murder of a Blackburn woman have released new information about two men they are looking for.

Kaylib Connolly, 18 (pictured, left) and Dean Qayum, 20 (pictured, right), both from the Blackburn area, are wanted by police following the murder of Alison McBlaine.
View attachment 217291
Anyone with information should contact police on 101 quoting log 0915 of November 20.

You can also contact independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111anonymously.
Police release new information in Blackburn murder investigation
Did they find them yet?

A 25-year-old man arrested last week was bailed pending further enquiries until the December 19 to return to the police station.

The youth has been remanded in custody and is due to appear before Blackburn Magistrates’ Court tomorrow morning (Tuesday). Det Ch Insp Lee Wilson said: “My thoughts and those of the team engaged on this inquiry remain with Alison’s loved ones.

“Her family are being supported by trained officers at this difficult time.

“I would like to extend my sincere thanks to members of the public who have supported and responded to police appeals for help over the last few days.

“Nevertheless the investigation is at an early stage so if you have any information at all that might help and haven’t already spoken to us, we would like to hear from you as soon as possible.”
Boy, 16, charged with murder in Alison McBlain investigation

28 November

Dean Tarim Qayum and a 16-year-old boy, who cannot be identified for legal reasons, appeared in the dock at Preston Crown Court this morning, while their co-accused Kaylib Connolly appeared over a video link from Preston Prison.

[...]

All three will be asked to enter their pleas to both charges at a hearing in the same court on January 13.

[...]

A trial date has been set for May 26 and prosecutor Peter Barr said that is anticipated to last between three and five weeks.

[...]

Andy Robinson, prosecuting in that hearing, told the court the incident was related to a drug deal which had taken place the previous day.

Blackburn mum Alison McBlain murder trial date set

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13
Back