GUILTY UK - Anju Asok & Children Jeeva & Janvi Saju Murdered by Husband/Dad - Kettering, Dec 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

StillDiggin

Reaction score
Just awful news from Northampton police this afternoon.

A woman and two children have died after they were found with serious injuries in a property, police said.
Officers were called to Petherton Court, Kettering, at 11:15 GMT where a boy, thought to be aged six, and a girl, aged four, were found seriously injured.
Paramedics attended to the woman but she died at the scene, police said. The two children later died in hospital.
A 52-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder.
Northamptonshire Police said they were not looking for anyone else in connection with the case at this moment in time.
Supt Steve Freeman said: "There are no words to describe how upsetting this incident is, but I want to reassure the public that we have a team of detectives working on the case, absolutely determined to get justice for this woman and the two children."
The officer appealed for witnesses and any information in connection with the "desperately sad" deaths.
Forensic post mortem examinations to establish the cause of the three deaths were expected to take place in the coming days.

A 52-year-old man continues to be questioned in connection with the death of a woman and two children.

At 11.15am yesterday (December 15), police officers and ambulance crews were called to Petherton Court in Kettering where a woman and two children were found with serious injuries.

Despite the best efforts of paramedics and police officers, the woman died at the scene and the two children later died in hospital.

Formal identification is yet to take place however the woman is believed to be 35-year-old Anju Asok, and the two children - Jeeva Saju, aged 6, and Janvi Saju, aged 4.

A man arrested on suspicion of murder in connection with the incident remains in police custody being questioned by detectives.

Senior Investigating Officer – Detective Inspector Simon Barnes, said: “We continue to work around the clock in order to progress this investigation and establish the timeline of events which led to these tragic deaths.

“Forensic post-mortem examinations will be taking place today and tomorrow, and our Neighbourhood Policing Team continue to be on patrol in the Petherton Court area today to offer reassurance to local residents.

"Whilst we continue to process the scene of these murders, local residents will see an increased police presence and I am grateful for the support of the local community.

“We remain committed in seeking justice for Anju, Jeeva and Janvi, and although we are not seeking anyone else in connection with their deaths, I would still encourage anyone with any information to contact us, either by calling 101 or by calling Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.”

Anju was a staff nurse at Kettering General Hospital. Hospital Chief Executive Deborah Needham said: “Yesterday we received the extremely upsetting news that one of our colleagues had died in circumstances being investigated by Northamptonshire Police.

“Anju Asok was an internationally trained nurse who joined our KGH family in 2021 and predominantly worked on Barnwell B - one of our Orthopaedic wards.

“She was a committed and compassionate staff nurse, who was loved and respected by her dear friends and colleagues.

“All our thoughts are with her friends and family as they come to terms with this sudden loss.”

The hospital is offering appropriate professional support to her colleagues at this difficult time.

https://www.northantstelegraph.co.uk/news/crime/three-murdered-in-kettering-live-updates-3955722 this links to Kettering triple murder: "Anju was our treasure" says accused's family which appears to be Indian MSM (Onmanorama - Wikipedia - "Onmanorama is the online English news portal of Malayala Manorama group, which publishes the Malayala Manorama newspaper read by over 20 million Malayalis across the world"):

"In June, Anju (40) and her husband [X] (52) came from Kettering and took the children back.
The house fell silent. [...] And Ashok and Krishnamma returned to their mundane lives of being daily-wage labourers.

But their lives were shattered Friday morning when his second daughter Amrita got a call from Anju's friend in Kettering.

Northamptonshire Police have arrested [X] on the suspicion of murdering Anju and their children Jeeva and Jhanvi.
Ashok told Manorama News on Friday that [X] had anger issues. "He used to get violent for even small issues. While on video calls, we could see that Anju was never pleasant," he told Anita Sebastian of Manorama News.

Ashok, however, said there were no major issues between the couple. [X] was under severe mental stress because he could not find a job in the UK, he said."

(I wasn't sure I should name the husband given he's not been charged or officially named yet so I edited it out just in case... although it's visible in Northants Telegraph's link too)

Lots more background information in the article, really brings them to life, poor Anju and poor Jeeva and Janvi.

Detectives have tonight charged Saju Chelavalel, 52, with three counts of murder.
Mr Chelavalel, of Petherton Court, Kettering, was arrested by officers who were called to his address at 11.15am on Thursday, December 15.
On attendance, officers found Anju Asok, 35, Jeeva Saju, 6 and Janvi Saju, 4 with serious injuries and despite the best efforts of paramedics, police officers and hospital staff all three sadly died a short time later.
Forensic post-mortem examinations have taken place at Leicester Royal Infirmary, where it was concluded all three died as a result of asphyxiation.
Mr Chelavalel will appear at Northampton Magistrates’ Court on Monday, December 19.
Senior Investigating Officer, Detective Inspector Simon Barnes, said: “Our thoughts continue to be with the family of Anju, Jeeva and Janvi, who we are determined to seek justice for.
“Incidents of this nature are incredibly distressing, and I want to take this opportunity to thank everyone who responded to the 999 call on Thursday, or has been involved with the subsequent investigation, for the professionalism and respect they have shown.
“I also want to thank the local community as we know how upsetting it is for an incident of this nature to take place. We will continue to have members of our Neighbourhood Policing Team on patrol in the area and I urge anyone with any concerns to please speak to them.”

A man charged with triple murder after the death of his wife and children has appeared before a crown court judge for the first time.

Saju Chelavalel is accused of killing Anju Asok, 35, Jeeva Saju, six, and Janvi Saju, four, at their flat in Petherton Court in Kettering.
He spoke through a Hindi interpreter only to confirm his identity during a preliminary hearing.

Prosecutor Rebecca Fairbairn gave details of a likely timetable for the case, including a possible trial date next year.

His Honour Judge David Herbert KC told the 52-year-old he would be remanded in custody until his next hearing in February.

Post-mortem examinations found all three victims died from asphyxiation, the force said.

Assisted by an interpreter Chelavalel answered "guilty" when two of the counts were put to him, but in relation to the charge of murdering six-year-old Jeeva, he said: "I don't know what happened to the children, but I plead guilty."

Sentencing will be on July 3rd; article was too short to quote more without hitting the 10% copyright rule. Glad for the family that he's admitted it and it won't be a long drawn-out trial.

Sentencing, The Honourable Mr Justice Pepperall told him: “A good family man does not kill his wife. Even then, if there was any remaining shred of decency about you, you would have recognised that your children could still have been brought up by relatives or other loving adults.

"Yet fuelled by alcohol, wallowing in self-pity and engulfed in your resentment at your wife’s perceived infidelity, you instead chose to snuff out their young and precious lives."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unconscous
Back