DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

RobinCAL

Reaction score
Concern for firefighter missing after night out

_110281386_img_0296.jpg

The partner of a firefighter who went missing on a work night out said his disappearance was "completely out of character".
Police in Sussex say they are "increasingly concerned" about Anthony Knott, who has been missing since Friday.
The 33-year-old from Orpington, was last seen at a pub in Lewes, with a group of 12 London firefighters.

Mr Knott was due home at 02:00 GMT on Saturday, and Ms Otto said he was "very adamant" he would be home in time as she had to leave for work at 03:00.
The group of firefighters were moving between various pubs, but he was last seen at 19:30 in The Lamb in Fisher Street.

Mr Knott, who is 5ft 8ins (1.73m) tall, was wearing a black long sleeve top, dark denim coat, dark denim jeans and black shoes.

He has two tattoos, a Tottenham Hotspur logo on his arm, and a wolf.

"His disappearance of is described as "very out of character" as friends say they are "really worried."

Taking to Facebook, Anthony's devastated fiancee Lucy wrote: "This is very unusual behaviour and he would not stay away intentionally."

She says his phone was last used around 7.20 pm that night, and he hasn't used his bank card since.

Lucy adds that Anthony is now considered "high risk."

Fears for dad-of-four firefighter and semi-pro footballer, 33, who vanished during pub crawl

Please god don't let this be another canal / water related death. This is really worrying especially at this time of year, it's highly likely to be foul play / accidental as he seems a family man and it's just before Christmas

Please god don't let this be another canal / water related death. This is really worrying especially at this time of year, it's highly likely to be foul play / accidental as he seems a family man and it's just before Christmas

I really was thinking the same thing about the water. Completely agree about the family man, I don't think he would be staying away voluntarily.

Unfortunately, my main man William of Occam says they're searching in exactly the right place.

As we see here on WS all too often, "Last seen at bar" + Body of water nearby = Tragic outcome.

It seems to usually be men we read about in those types of incidents, too...wish there could be some sort of awareness campaign to encourage men going out on the town together to adopt a buddy system.

Hoping water's not the culprit in this case..but it's certainly looking grim.

Hate that he went missing around Christmas time, too.
It should be a joyous time.
For his family, it will likely be anything but.
So sad.

JMO.

Last edited:
Surely some cctv of him leaving the pub should turn up soon. I’ve had a “walk” around Lewes to see what it’s like and can’t see him getting from pub to river without being picked up on camera somewhere.

Also perhaps the police should ask the public for dashcam footage if they were in the area that evening.

I wonder how he was planning to get home to Orpington from Lewes. He said he'd be back by 2am. There aren't many public transport options in that area at that time. Also there was flooding in Surrey and Sussex that had affected train services and roads. If he was planning to drive one would hope he hadn't had much alcohol. Or maybe there was a designated driver.

Hi all, I haven’t been on here for a few years since I followed the Corrie McKeague case. This lad going missing reminded me of that case. I’m wondering how he was with a big group of lads but hasn’t been seen since he was in the pub (Sky news are reporting he was last seen at 7.30pm in the pub on a night out). Either way, how did he get to be alone, did he go to the loo and accidentally get left behind or was he still drinking up when his colleagues left and he said he’d catch them up? (if Sky have their facts right it seems a bit early in the night to be that drunk). Just trying to figure how he went from being with a big group to being alone so early in the evening. Whatever the case it’s so awful for his loved ones as it doesn’t look good....

@Pinkpuma It really does seem odd to be left behind in a sense. I mean the toilet break makes sense and sometimes you loose track of time but you would think his friends would wait for him?
And the time does seem really early to be completely drunk, it's a bit bizzare. Unless, there's that option of him meeting someone else or maybe he wanted to go home early?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamiestews06