Deceased/Not Found UK - April Jones, 5, Machynlleth, Wales, 1 Oct 2012 #2 *M. Bridger guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
erm the lack of evidence that he is guilty??? Lack of evidence of anything to point that way? Everything else seems tittle tattle at the moment

Errrr, well we wouldn't be party to that now would we. All in the hands of the LE.

Why else would a 46-year-old man be interested in a little girl? The police seem fairly certain April is dead, so shipping her off to some other family isn't a line of inquiry anymore. Unless there's some family feud in the background that we haven't heard about or he's trying to extort them, I don't see what other "reason" he could have had.
They've got enough forensic evidence to switch from abduction to murder, and if it included April's clothes or both their fluids then then that fits the child rape motive... But as others have said, we're only seeing the tip of the iceberg until trial.

lets wait and see

I must say that now I am beginning to smell fish. All the women are friends including the binbag reporters? Do they have in common any reason to wish ill on MB? Had one or more of them just been in an argument with him, which caused his apparent impatient mood during the evening?

If true, I find it very unsettling that a man with 6 of his own children can kidnap, rape and murder a poor little girl. Just sickening (if true)!

Obvisoulsy the locals know more than what is being released. That is the feeling I get. This man has 6 children and I hope they are all being questioned and counseled if they really feel this man is preying on female children.

Unfortunately, if it is a child (rather than infant) that is abducted the motivation is often sexual. However, this is a profile for a child abductor that I found. A lot of sights won't give a "profile" because they say they come from all walks of life, age, social status, etc. This is the one I found for what it's worth:

"

PROFILE OF A CHILD KILLER

From a study of 883 cases where the murderer was caught and convicted. Percentages based strictly on the cases researched in this study

He lives on the edge of society, and is socially retarded. “Social marginals” is the term used for him.

I say “him” because child killers are almost 100% male.

His average age is 27.8 years old.

69.8% are white, 19.1 black,

He is usually unmarried and unattached at the time of the murder.

17.1% of child killers live alone, and 33.2% live with their parents.

He usually either lives in the neighborhood where the abduction takes place or frequents that area during his everyday activities.

1/2 of child killers are unemployed or work in unskilled or semi-skilled jobs.

2/3 of child killers have prior arrests for violent crimes. 1/2 of those violent crimes were committed against children.

The child killer’s most frequent past crime is sexual in nature, and the primary motive for a child abduction is sexual.

The use of *advertiser censored* by killers as a trigger to murder has increased since the original study.

The child is usually abducted in a place very close to where he/she was last seen.

The child killer usually takes the child more than 1/4 mile from where he was abducted,

but the distance between the murder site and where the body is later dumped is less than 199 feet in most cases.

23.7 returned to the place they dumped the body

9.7 contacted the victim’s family

10% of the child killers interjected themselves into the actual murder investigation.

In the initial study, the name of the killer was almost always in police files within the first week. When the supplemental cases were studied, that proved to no longer be the case. (does that mean the killers are getting smarter?)

Police usually have contact with the killer before he becomes a primary suspect.

————————————————————————————————

http://itsamysterytome.wordpress.com/profile-of-a-child-killer-their-victims/

While I'm not convinced of the worth of this list, I will see how many apply to this suspect (as far as we know):

He has been described in a way that could be described as "socially marginal".
He is a male.
He is 39, IIRC, so that is a bit older than average but still within reasonable range.
He is white.
He lives alone
He is not married or dating anyone, in fact, had a recent breakup.
He frequents the area of abduction on a regular basis.
He is unemployed (or at least, has had many random "unskilled" jobs).
No information about any legal issues in the past have been released.
No idea about *advertiser censored*.
She was taken from where she was last seen.
We don't know where she is so can't say how far she was taken.
Same with returning to the "dump site".
He may have contacted the family, since they knew him and it was a close-knit community. Has there been any media reports on this?
I don't think he was part of the investigation (before arrest).
Police did have his name within the first week (much sooner actually).
Police did run into him along the road prior to his arrest and being named prime suspect.

Again, I'm not sure it means anything but that means he has 11 items that "match" and 6 that we don't have enough information to know if it is a match or not.

there is no evidence he took her

Not everything is revealed to the media, we do not know what evidence the police have. In my opinion they must have evidence to have named him as a suspect so soon, to have kept him for as long as they have and to go from abduction to murder.

It's a small community. Not unusual for ppl to be fb 'friends' with mere acquaintances in a small town. As for competing for his resources - unemployed and renting a house (not a home owner) = few 'resources' to share around.
There's a lot of 'history' isn't there.....

Fair comment. Yes, there certainly is a lot of history.

Hi Guys - please be careful when quoting others so that the quote is attributed to the right poster. If a messes up on you, please alert it so that it can be fixed before it is subsequently quoted, over and over and over again.

Thanks so much!

Salem

No evidence we know about. They must have had adequate evidence for the court to grant them all of those extensions.

Er....the 100% innocent Chris Jefferies was questioned for 3 days and arrested under suspicion of murder. Clearly adequate evidence is not always a requirement.

I think you will find a norak abreast of all the media lies do read it
It's long been a bookmark.

I have a degree in journalism and, while I do take umbrage at some criticisms aimed at those reporting the details of the main story line here - I agree with what Clio posted earlier, at #621 - journalism, too, can stand an occasional good whacking.

It's not as if, though, reporters are working from A Single Godhead of Information here - different papers have their different sources, for example. Different sources may tell one different things. Accounts from various sources may confuse us. It goes with the territory in reading crime stories as they develop.

I wasn't sure whether to post this, as it's purely speculation on my part, so please delete if necessary. Again this is purely speculation on my part.

What if MB had been in a relationship/having an affair with Aprils mum and she then called it off? Here's my reasoning behing this:

- Very early on MB was named as a suspect. I've read some reports the family themselves pointed towards him.

- He had a girlfriend of 11 months but they broke up a week before the abduction.

- He moved into a new cottage a few weeks ago (maybe to hopefully set up a new home with CJ?)

- We haven't seen Aprils father at all, he wasn't present when she made the appeal on TV. Although he is in poor health the media says.

- He was said to be pee'd off on the afternoon of the abduction.

- Why did he only take April? Why not the other little girl who was with her?

Ok, all this is speculation on my part. But what if they had been seeing each other, MB hoped she would leave her husband, he left his girfriend, but then CJ then called it off. In a fit of rage he then decided to take it out on the closest person to her, little April....

Krispy - Named exs all friends with each other on FB. An ex was the mother of a child witness. Lady named by press as having seen man with binbag is friends with April's Mum on FB. Perhaps they are all FB friends with each other and that is normal there. I would have thought though, that having had 3 exs and an ex-wife on that estate with attendant children, the mums would be competing for his attention and resources for their children's sake, where relevant, rather than be friends. Maybe I am overthinking it as well.

No, I think we are both thinking the same things really. Odd odd odd. Wales isn't that small. I live in a village and it's small, but we are not like that at all.

Because Chris Jeffries was arrested and held, this negates anyone else LE ever arrests being the right person? I'd take a guess that overall, the police have the right guy more often than the wrong one.

for reasons to find this guy guilty

LOL. You asked if this suspect fit a standard "profile". I looked it up based on that question. I can't help it if he fits or doesn't fit the profile. It is what it is. I already said I don't give a lot of faith to a "profile". It isn't me who is determined to make him guilty, it appears it is you who is determined he is innocent. All I did was match up what little we know to the list.

Personally, I have no investment in whether or not THIS person is guilty, as much as I am invested in them finding out who is guilty and that person being punished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moonlit7