Deceased/Not Found UK - April Jones, 5, Machynlleth, Wales, 1 Oct 2012 #6 *M. Bridger guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I expect this has already been brought up previously and of course we don't know who told this to the journalist, but it has bothered me as to why should they?

Reported in The Telegraph on 3rd October - Mr Jones 43, and his wife 40, reported April missing immediately, and it emerged last night that they had told police who they suspected the driver of the car was.

BBM

I found the Link below regarding April going crabbing with MB and his children ... so, I am posting it to show the relationship.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...ng-trip-with-murder-suspect-Mark-Bridger.html

April Jones: Family reveal she has been on fishing trip with murder suspect Mark Bridger
12:23PM BST 05 Oct 2012

April was taken crabbing with Mr Bridger's two children in his blue Land Rover which police believe was used to abduct the five-year-old, her family has revealed.

Bridger was a frequent visitor to the Brynygog Estate in Machynlleth where April's family live close to his ex-girlfriend.

Two of his own children live in the street and their stepsister was one of April's best friends.

Relatives confirmed former lifeguard Bridger, 46, took his chidren crabbing – and asked April to join them.

"The kids were always playing together so no one would have raised an eyebrow if Mark took April crabbing.

... more at Link

Jigzy, (or veggie) do you know from local knowledge or from media what area of 'forest' MB worked in?

I have no idea LB - sorry. I posted some possibilities a few posts back but the forested areas in Mid Wales are vast and harvesting happens intensively in an area for a short while then moves on to another. Workers are constantly on the move.

I'm keeping my mind open to all possibilities. Who knows! There may be more to this yet.

I'd say there is definitely a lot more to this than meets the eye. You never know everything unless you're directly involved imo. To those of you who are familiar with the area and terrain, where would you bury a body rather than dispose it.

Sara Howdle, who says she is the childs godmother said “Call Machynlleth police if you know anything, huge police search in progress.”

Is S.H. the godmother or is it M.R.? Just curious about the discrepancy.

Traditionally, girls have two godmothers and one godfather, and boys vice-versa

I'd say there is definitely a lot more to this than meets the eye. You never know everything unless you're directly involved imo. To those of you who are familiar with the area and terrain, where would you bury a body rather than dispose it.

Somewhere on the mountains south of Mach.

Somewhere on the mountains south of Mach.

Would it be possible? What is the ground like there, easy to dig or rock? I only ask because where I live less than 12" (30 cm) is soil, then shale and slate, unless near streams, rivers etc.

Have you heard whether they have been using IR equipment in their search, as this can show disturbed earth even from a while ago. Something to do with the disturbed soil heating and cooling faster I think.

Burying wouldn't be an option in the wooded/forested areas - too many roots and sphagnum moss to dig through. Near impossible to dig through, imo.

Burying in fields - not an option as would be found too soon by farmers on quad bikes.

Burying at the base of landslide/scree would mean total coverage and unlikelihood to be found ever. There are spectacular landslides/scree near Dylife - a route that would be known to anyone travelling between Machynlleth and Llanidloes. Although very considerably further North, Blaenau Ffestiniog's slate heaps would cover well.

Disposal on the other hand:

Also at Dylife there are many mineshafts so incredibly deep you can throw a stone in and won't hear it land at the bottom.

http://www.copsewood.org/mining/mont/dylife/

Dylife/Glaslyn area, if driving an off-road-worthy 4x4, as it is soooo remote: Disposal of erm, 'smaller bits of evidence' amongst wimberry bushes and gorse on uplands/moorland where wild animals go would be a possibility, or disposal in the lake itself. Digging difficult on these natural uplands.

Also, lime, if available, would eat away at a body quickly.

jmo

Would it be possible? What is the ground like there, easy to dig or rock? I only ask because where I live less than 12" (30 cm) is soil, then shale and slate, unless near streams, rivers etc.

Have you heard whether they have been using IR equipment in their search, as this can show disturbed earth even from a while ago. Something to do with the disturbed soil heating and cooling faster I think.

Drones are being used:

Superintendent Ian John said unmanned aerial vehicles supplied by private companies and fitted with sonar equipment are being used to try to pinpoint areas of recently disturbed earth.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/oct/17/police-drones-search-april-jones

BBM

I found the Link below regarding April going crabbing with MB and his children ... so, I am posting it to show the relationship.

... more at Link
I find it odd that he would take April. He had his own children to take, but Internet rumour suggests he may have taken his children.

Those are the ones that have been mentioned in MSM so yes I agree he may not be reliable. However the guy seems quite confident and looks like he knows what he is talking about (he may not, of course) and given the number of multiple relations there it is not beyond the realms of possibility that there is another daughter, not living as part of the CJ/PJ household but with father/step mother. (Mods please delete if I am not allowed to say that - not implying it's fact just saying it's possible).

Is this just a primary school or is there a secondary level too?
BBM

It has been confirmed that MB attended parents evening but which kids was he going for and who did he go with? I think it would have been most unusual for an estranged father to go on his own.

I disagree it would be unusual and he was not 'estranged'.

Him and ED had a good relationship with regards to the children and he was a regular visitor at her home.

Also, I have children with an ex and many friends in similar circumstances, we take it in turns to go to the Parents evenings and on occasion have been together. I don't think this is in any way rare from what I hear from friends and teacher. JMO

"which kids was he going for"

There are only the two with ED as far as we know, or am I wrong? The Williams boys have obviously left school.

I find it odd that he would take April. He had his own children to take, but Internet rumour suggests he may have taken his children.

I don't find it odd. His own children have a half-sister who is the same age as April and the two of them are friends. (I don't understand your second sentence)

:wave: His children did go ... you just overlooked it ... first sentence in the article.

BBM

... more at Link

"April was taken crabbing with Mr Bridger's two children in his blue Land Rover which police believe was used to abduct the five-year-old, her family has revealed."

That adds up as it was written by a family member that VF was still seeing him right up to the week before Aprils Disappearance.

Some reports say VF and MB broke up a month earlier, that could mean during the previous month of September, so maybe it wasn't a month (as in length) but during the previous week. Then, it's alleged on the net that she had him listed as her partner/husband on the 1st/2nd October. I kinda wonder if they had broken up at all?

If that was the case, even if they had broken up a week earlier, you'd imagine she'd have known the address of the cottage he moved to. There was also an odd statement made in some news article that he was sleeping rough in a car.

If anyone has the sky news link of VF's brother giving an interview, I'd be interested to see it.

:wave: His children did go ... you just overlooked it ... first sentence in the article.
Yes, I know he took his children, I find it odd that he also took April. There was clearly no gossip on the estate regards any strange behaviour from MB, or parents wouldn't allow their children anywhere near him.

If MB was engaged in any form of deviant behaviour toward youngsters he would be doing it out of town because he had always lived with someone until VF kicked him out.

Where do people in Mach go when they want to get away for a day, or a night out. Are there any popular places?

I am the 'local' who posted that the bus stop outside the bus depot was close to the repair workshop, and I do think that there's a possibility that the vehicle could have been recovered quickly. If it broke down when the bang happened as told by the witness at the bridge in Ceinws then the vehicle would possibly have been a road hazard and needed to be recovered right away. The repair shop was only approx 4 miles away. We were told that MB was formerly a mechanic - maybe that's where he had worked, or he knew people working there and they would come swiftly.

It would explain to some extent the extremely detailed search that went on in the River Dulas (North) right by the Ceinws bridge. Maybe cargo had to be dumped in a hurry only to come back to it later (on bus). Perhaps the dogs alerted to something there.

This is all hypothesis, but I'm not ruling it out as a possibility.

jmo.

Yes, I totally agree with all of that, especially considering the very short distance between the bridge and the repair garage. Also think that there is a very goods chance he was 'friendly' with them due to the 'mechanic' mention and that there are few repair garages in the town that I can see.
While I think of it, I also heard mention he had done some Taxi-ing, but can't remember where the heck I read it to Link!!:banghead:

Yes, I know he took his children, I find it odd that he also took April. There was clearly no gossip on the estate regards any strange behaviour from MB, or parents wouldn't allow their children anywhere near him.

If MB was engaged in any form of deviant behaviour toward youngsters he would be doing it out of town because he had always lived with someone until VF kicked him out.

Where do people in Mach go when they want to get away for a day, or a night out. Are there any popular places?

Get away for a day? Generally going shopping to Shrewsbury, or Aberystwyth maybe. Night out? Ha ha ha, don't make me laugh. I think there's a bit of a dance floor in the White Lion. Because Aber's a university town, the nightlife there is leagues better, so many locals go there.

he had always lived with someone until VF kicked him out.

You sure about that? He'd been living in Llanbrynmair before he moved to Ceinws, do we know that VF was living with him there, or has she always lived on the estate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member