GUILTY UK - Arrest in 1987 'Bedsit Murders' of Wendy Knell, 25, and Caroline Pierce, 20, in Kent

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Interesting bit of what I think is "new" info, so thought I'd share:

Fuller generally worked 11am-7pm, while the mortuary staff worked 7am-4pm, meaning there were times Fuller could have been alone in the mortuary.

Kent Police have also confirmed that Fuller's swipe card records demonstrate he spent a "significant amount of time" outside his planned shift pattern in the mortuary at Tunbridge Wells Hospital.

The police were able to sift through his swipe card records going back to the winter of 2019. Fuller's last offence was committed in November 2020.

'Major shortfalls' found at hospital morgue where necrophiliac preyed on victims

Interesting bit of what I think is "new" info, so thought I'd share:

'Major shortfalls' found at hospital morgue where necrophiliac preyed on victims

It says in the newpaper report shared by Chest_Rockwell
Quote: In 2011 his job was transferred to Interserve and just three days before his arrest, the company Mitie took over the facilities management side of Interserve.

I am not sure if this is the correct company so please correct me if I am wrong. Interserve mentioned in the following article is interesting:-
Interserve, together with its supply chain, will seek to make a lasting difference to the employment prospects of ex-offenders by opening up thousands of opportunities through the ‘Ban the Box’ initiative. The company will work with 20 of its key suppliers, with a combined workforce of 40,000, to support them in signing up to Ban the Box, having already done so across its own 50,000 UK roles and vacancies. Interserve will work in partnership with its suppliers to raise awareness and generate real momentum behind an important initiative that needs more visibility.
About us - Interserve

Ban the Box - Wikipedia

https://ennuimagazine.com/why-do-concerts-have-opening-acts/
''Usually, when you go to a concert, one or two artists will perform before the main event. Having an opening act, or “opener” is a tradition that touring musicians have followed for decades.''
And of course all the TV interviews where Fuller could have been waiting outside the studio as a "groupie" to take photos. I couldn't help but think I saw him in the audience 3:43 into this one on YT Cutting Crew (I Just) Died in Your Arms Tonight Lost 80's Firelake Arena Shawnee, OK 8-25-2017 Live. Probably just my over imagination though.
I think there were some local performances as well which he was likely to have attended at the Angel Centre in Tunbridge Wells at a guess as that is where local concerts are held.
A performance in Rye is mentioned in this article in 2015

Netherfield
Nick van Eede’s band 3 Wise Men & a Virgin are also performing Cutting Crew’s famous songs together with tracks from their new album Gallivant

Last edited:
This is what wikipedia has to say about Necrophilia.
Incidents of necrophilia - Wikipedia

Necrophilia - an overview | ScienceDirect Topics
Psychoanalytical theories suggest “unconscious suppressed hostility toward parental figures and sadistic impulses to explore the mother's body….The offender takes revenge on a ‘female figure’ (the dead female, symbolizing mother or spouse), by ravishing her.

Very interesting. My research suggested that he spent a lot of time with an “aunt” who lived not far from Romney Marsh. I believe the aunt was on his mother’s side and it would seem that she looked after him and his brothers on quite a number occasions. I believe the aunt’s house also doubled as a Bed and Breakfast.

I was tempted to put forward that perhaps he had a bad relationship with his mother. But the more I think about it the more I’m convinced that perhaps his mother and aunt doted on him. Fuller got whatever he wanted from them and so he got used to women “serving” his every need. In other words, a total spoilt brat who perhaps used temper tantrums and aggression when told “no”. He was used to getting his own way with women from an early age.

As he got older, those needs included sexual needs hence the amount of wives and affairs. Not to mention his “roaming eye”, chatting up a wife’s sister and prowling her friends.

We know that his 2nd wife was younger than him and I believe she was around the same age as Wendy Knell. Was his young wife a “trophy” for him, being near his mid-30s? Somehow he thought he was some Don Juan and women couldn’t, or shouldn’t, resist his advances.

We also know that Camden Road had two regular hang outs for him. SupaSnaps camera shop where he had photos developed and Buster Browns, where he held court to a bunch of 20 somethings who thought he was boring. Both businesses had good looking young ladies at the helm: Wendy and Caroline - his type. Did he try to “pull” them and they innocently shrugged him off? What he saw as his usual sure fire method to charm the ladies failed miserably with those 2 ladies. The result being a total blow to his huge ego. You could say “how dare they reject me”…when it came to women, rejection did not compute in his sick mind.

If that were the case, I’d suspect Wendy and Caroline probably had no idea of Fuller’s advances. Both ladies were probably doing jobs they didn’t like and most likely had their own personal relationships on their mind. But to Fuller, the situation was much different and his world had caved in on him…how dare they reject him.

And so commenced his “revenge” and most likely the realisation, as sick as it sounds, that the dead will never reject him.

JMOO

One other thing to note is that just before DF switched his plea to guilty, the case's forensics expert was giving evidence. There was a question about DF's saliva being found on Wendy's pillow and how did it get there. The expert theorised that DF laid his head on the pillow. If that were the case, was DF acting out a fantasy in which him and Wendy were in a relationship together?

One other thing to note is that just before DF switched his plea to guilty, the case's forensics expert was giving evidence. There was a question about DF's saliva being found on Wendy's pillow and how did it get there. The expert theorised that DF laid his head on the pillow. If that were the case, was DF acting out a fantasy in which him and Wendy were in a relationship together?
The poor woman was probably already laying in bed and he put his head on the pillow so she woke up with him next to her. He probably tried to kiss her with his tongue, hence the saliva on the pillow IMOO :(

Very interesting. My research suggested that he spent a lot of time with an “aunt” who lived not far from Romney Marsh. I believe the aunt was on his mother’s side and it would seem that she looked after him and his brothers on quite a number occasions. I believe the aunt’s house also doubled as a Bed and Breakfast.

I was tempted to put forward that perhaps he had a bad relationship with his mother. But the more I think about it the more I’m convinced that perhaps his mother and aunt doted on him. Fuller got whatever he wanted from them and so he got used to women “serving” his every need. In other words, a total spoilt brat who perhaps used temper tantrums and aggression when told “no”. He was used to getting his own way with women from an early age.

As he got older, those needs included sexual needs hence the amount of wives and affairs. Not to mention his “roaming eye”, chatting up a wife’s sister and prowling her friends.

We know that his 2nd wife was younger than him and I believe she was around the same age as Wendy Knell. Was his young wife a “trophy” for him, being near his mid-30s? Somehow he thought he was some Don Juan and women couldn’t, or shouldn’t, resist his advances.

We also know that Camden Road had two regular hang outs for him. SupaSnaps camera shop where he had photos developed and Buster Browns, where he held court to a bunch of 20 somethings who thought he was boring. Both businesses had good looking young ladies at the helm: Wendy and Caroline - his type. Did he try to “pull” them and they innocently shrugged him off? What he saw as his usual sure fire method to charm the ladies failed miserably with those 2 ladies. The result being a total blow to his huge ego. You could say “how dare they reject me”…when it came to women, rejection did not compute in his sick mind.

If that were the case, I’d suspect Wendy and Caroline probably had no idea of Fuller’s advances. Both ladies were probably doing jobs they didn’t like and most likely had their own personal relationships on their mind. But to Fuller, the situation was much different and his world had caved in on him…how dare they reject him.

And so commenced his “revenge” and most likely the realisation, as sick as it sounds, that the dead will never reject him.

JMOO
The bed and breakfast mentioned is a place where he would have met lots of people and if paper filing in those days would have perhaps had possible access to names and addresses. I hope none of the guests are on missing people's lists, just saying :eek:

Court hears David Fuller 'regularly cheated on wife' - live murder trial updates
  • It was more likely than not that David Fuller contributed to the saliva staining on the pillow case than not. One possible explanation is that the saliva originated from David Fuller lying on the pillow
The Millet carrier bag found down the side of Wendy’s bed is interesting. Was that thought to be Fuller's own carrier bag.
I wonder if he had something inside of the bag for his filming and then filmed the whole murder event.
Millet's store is at 3, 7 Camden Rd, Tunbridge Wells TN1 2PS

The poor woman was probably already laying in bed and he put his head on the pillow so she woke up with him next to her. He probably tried to kiss her with his tongue, hence the saliva on the pillow IMOO :(
I read that he attacked Wendy when she was sleeping - hit her repeatedly on the head.

But then they wrote she was also strangled???

Well, she didn't scream, nobody heard anything.
Was this house rented as many bedsits?

Last edited:
Court hears David Fuller 'regularly cheated on wife' - live murder trial updates
  • It was more likely than not that David Fuller contributed to the saliva staining on the pillow case than not. One possible explanation is that the saliva originated from David Fuller lying on the pillow
The Millet carrier bag found down the side of Wendy’s bed is interesting. Was that thought to be Fuller's own carrier bag.
I wonder if he had something inside of the bag for his filming and then filmed the whole murder event.
Millet's store is at 3, 7 Camden Rd, Tunbridge Wells TN1 2PS

From memory Millets was either next door or the next business on from SupaSnaps in Camden Road

I read that he attacked Wendy when she was sleeping - hit her repeatedly on the head.

In the publicly available Whatdotheyknow freedom of information reports we get some kind of idea about the bedsits.
Unsolved Murders in Kent 1980 to 2019 - a Freedom of Information request to Kent Police

I wonder what the comment about a rapist receiving a cheque means.

Interesting that some of the other freedom of information requests about the bedist murders have since been suspended. I wish I had written down anything interesting.

Last edited:
In the publicly available Whatdotheyknow freedom of information reports we get some kind of idea about the bedsits.
Unsolved Murders in Kent 1980 to 2019 - a Freedom of Information request to Kent Police

Interesting that some of the other freedom of information requests about the bedist murders have since been suspended. I wish I had written down anything interesting.
Ted B also attacked women in bedsits.
Oh wait, they were called basement bedsits.
Even worse.
Can you imagine living in a cellar?

What I read was that Wendy's head was pounded against a hard but carpeted surface. There was also evidence of strangulation.

Yes, the house was something like 6 bedsits I believe.

I'd ignore those FOI requests - I'm really not sure why Fergus Wilson got involved with all this. Some info on him and his wife:

Fergus and Judith Wilson - Wikipedia

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stassy75
Back