GUILTY UK - Arrest in 1987 'Bedsit Murders' of Wendy Knell, 25, and Caroline Pierce, 20, in Kent

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
OMG!
I thought Wendy wasn't even aware of the attack as she was sleeping.

It's all a bit unclear. From the trial reports, it would seem that DF was possibly spotted just after midnight by a taxi driver who witnessed a blue hatchback pull out in front of him from Wendy's road (DF had a blue Fiat Uno). Another witness, who was outside and on the same road as Wendy's bedsit, said they were startled by the sudden appearance of a man around midnight. A further witness noted a Talbot Horizon outside of Wendy's house which had trouble starting up and at around midnight. Talbot Horizon was very similar to a Fiat Uno. On the day Wendy's body was discovered, DF took his Fiat Uno to a garage for "a service".

I speculate that DF was already in Wendy's bedsit before she arrived which was around 11pm. I suspect he jumped her as she entered and with the usual MO of whacks to the head and strangulation. He was lucky that she didn't scream and most likely because he knocked her out with a blunt object. However, the attack on Caroline didn't go quite so smoothly.

Nevres Kemal, a key whistleblower in the Baby P scandal in Haringey in 2007,

Blimey I wonder if Fuller really did stalk his victims and their families even when a person was already dead and choose who to rape in the morgues rather than a bunch of randoms. JMOO

100 morgue victims who would have had names and dates of birth associated with them on their wrist bands no doubt. Fuller was a keen genealogist and researched every day according to his profile on ancestry.

Last edited:
Nevres Kemal, a key whistleblower in the Baby P scandal in Haringey in 2007,

Blimey I wonder if Fuller really did stalk his victims and their families even when a person was already dead and choose who to rape in the morgues rather than a bunch of randoms. JMOO

100 morgue victims who would have had names and dates of birth associated with them. Fuller was a keen genealogist and researched every day according to his profile on ancestry :rolleyes:
Remembering 'phenomenal' Azra Kemal who 'saw problems that needed to be solved'

It makes me to shudder to think that he may have carefully chosen his already passed away victims based on some kind prior research. JMOO. I wonder if there are names available of his other morgue victims and if he could have found prior information about them through the media/social media or family research. I am sure that more families will come forward.

Evil David Fuller trawled social media for victim images & kept names in book

Last edited:
Shocking !

Makes me wonder if he questioned the DNA evidence and so the defence did their own review of that evidence. If so, that would have cost a lot of money.

As for his actual defence, there wasn't any due to him pleading guilty someway through the trial.

From my chats with another sleuth, Fuller's home was sold some 6 months ago with an asking price of £310k. He had purchased that home back in 2000 for £91k. Surely there is a case for him to reimburse the Legal Aid money from the sale of his asset. He initially pleaded "not guilty" but changed to "guilty" later on down the line. Had he pleaded guilty in the first place, then the taxpayer would have been on the hook for a lot less than £46k.

I firmly believe in Legal Aid, but I'm of the opinion that the likes of Fuller, those who plead Not Guilty and then switch to Guilty much later on, should have their assets seized to cover the legal costs. This kind of thing is simply not fair on the taxpayer and is an abuse of the Legal Aid system.

Makes me wonder if he questioned the DNA evidence and so the defence did their own review of that evidence. If so, that would have cost a lot of money.

As for his actual defence, there wasn't any due to him pleading guilty someway through the trial.

From my chats with another sleuth, Fuller's home was sold some 6 months ago with an asking price of £310k. He had purchased that home back in 2000 for £91k. Surely there is a case for him to reimburse the Legal Aid money from the sale of his asset. He initially pleaded "not guilty" but changed to "guilty" later on down the line. Had he pleaded guilty in the first place, then the taxpayer would have been on the hook for a lot less than £46k.

I firmly believe in Legal Aid, but I'm of the opinion that the likes of Fuller, those who plead Not Guilty and then switch to Guilty much later on, should have their assets seized to cover the legal costs. This kind of thing is simply not fair on the taxpayer and is an abuse of the Legal Aid system.
I agree, Fuller was married so if the assets were spilt this will still leave 155K less solicitor/estate agent fees.

Interesting in that Fuller's defence has made no mention of the sexual abuse incident, mentioned at the start of the trial last month, and when he was aged 4 or 5. All they've put forward is that one doctor recently diagnosed Fuller as autistic and so not aware of the depravity of his actions, BUT another doctor disagreed - which then prompted Fuller to plead guilty.

Last edited:
Dec 15 2021
VIDEO.
David Fuller: How police caught a killer
''David Fuller: How police caught a killer
Wendy Knell and Caroline Pierce were both murdered in 1987 by David Fuller, in Tunbridge Wells, Kent. For over 30 years their killer remained at large, until advancements in technology led to the adoption of familial DNA techniques.

BBC Home Affairs correspondent Tom Symonds spoke to Noel McHugh, a chief investigating officer at the National Crime Agency who advised the David Fuller investigation.

Mr Fuller is being sentenced at Maidstone Crown Court on 15 December.

Watch how the police tracked him down.''

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stassy75
Back