GUILTY UK - Arrest in 1987 'Bedsit Murders' of Wendy Knell, 25, and Caroline Pierce, 20, in Kent

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks M'lud. This report raises a lot more questions that we would like answers to. I wonder if any arrests were ever made or suspects identified. It's almost as if there was a significant suspect but never enough evidence to charge. JMO

The trial in 2000 for the unidentified lady murdered in 1979 seems bizarre to me. The Police never linked the 1979 & 1982 Bedgebury Forest murders. I would like to know why as they seemed very similar.

If the Police believed there were 2 separate murderers then who was the 2nd perpetrator in 1982? I don’t think they ever looked for anyone else for the 1st murder after the trial.

Just shows you how slack UK hospitals are that an electrician would be allowed at two different hospitals to be left alone in a mortuary decade after decade.

Lone working, lack of peer-to-peer mentoring, poor supervision, opaque working practices and poor oversight is a wider issue within the NHS, which enables the rogue elements to pursue their activities with relative ease. The culture is one of bullying, mis-trust, blame and cover-up.

Just shows you how slack UK hospitals are that an electrician would be allowed at two different hospitals to be left alone in a mortuary decade after decade.

It is more than disturbing to think a ‘double killer‘ and necrophiliac was working in 2 hospitals in Tunbridge Wells for 31 years.

I do hope the Maidstone & Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust will be carrying out a full investigation of their own when this trial concludes.

The trial in 2000 for the unidentified lady murdered in 1979 seems bizarre to me. The Police never linked the 1979 & 1982 Bedgebury Forest murders. I would like to know why as they seemed very similar.

If the Police believed there were 2 separate murderers then who was the 2nd perpetrator in 1982? I don’t think they ever looked for anyone else for the 1st murder after the trial.

Harry Pennells was found not guilty of the unidentified females murder (1979). Based on the reporting the evidence appeared very weighty, both forensically and circumstantially. I suspect that the police were not looking for anyone else in connection with the murder.

It may be that Pennells had a sound alibi for the murder of Jean Brook on Thursday 10th June 1982, therefore the police concluded that they were not linked, in the absence of other evidence implicating him. JMO

The trial has confirmed this afternoon that Fuller owned a property in St Leonard’s in Sea in the 1980s. That is interesting in relation to the Jean Brook murder.
Yes I found this interesting as mentioned in a previous post. I was hoping a newspaper like the Sun might do a timeline as they did with Couzens and places he had lived before his murder trial.

Last edited:
A new article about necrophiliac Fuller.
Necrophiliac murder accused was 'kind and gentle'

David was an avid photographer and saw himself as the official 'unofficial' photographer for Cutting Crew, who were doing a lot of gigging at the time.

"He would follow them and take hundreds of pictures of them.... They (Fuller and his wife) followed them everywhere and went to every gig. They must have spent hundreds."

Last edited:
A new article about necrophiliac Fuller.
Necrophiliac murder accused was 'kind and gentle'

David was an avid photographer and saw himself as the official 'unofficial' photographer for Cutting Crew, who were doing a lot of gigging at the time.

"He would follow them and take hundreds of pictures of them.... They (Fuller and his wife) followed them everywhere and went to every gig. They must have spent hundreds."
Search for setlists: cutting crew (page 13) | setlist.fm
Potentially Fuller could have travelled all around the world in the 1980's including Luxembourg, USA, Finland, Germany, Italy, Switzerland. Within the UK the 1980's tours as the unofficial photographer could have included Bath, Walsall, Chippenham and London. Cutting Crew Concert Setlists (page 13)

Last edited:
Following his arrest for the murders, a search of Fuller's home revealed he had hoarded millions of indecent images and videos of children and extreme *advertiser censored* on hard drives, floppy discs, DVDs and memory cards in his loft and spare room.

Two of the drives were hidden in a box, which was screwed to the back of a chest of draws and placed inside a wardrobe. On these drives officers found footage Fuller had recorded of himself abusing corpses in the morgues.

Folders, some labelled with the names of the victims, contained images and videos of him molesting female bodies, including three children, between 2008 and November 2020.

Police have been unable to identify 20 of the victims, and Det Ch Supt Paul Fotheringham said it "may never be possible to identify these women with complete certainty".
David Fuller: Man admits 1987 murders and abusing corpses

David Fuller denies murdering two Tunbridge Wells women in 1987 - live updates
Quote: They were also shown copy of defendant’s 1982 diary - reference to him bird-watching on Kent marshes.

Top Kent Bird Watching Locations
Back to Fuller's interest in bird watching at Marsh lands and his previous convictions for burglary this is an interesting article about how some local person hid their stash in some West Sussex marshes. I think whoever it was got caught soon afterwards.

Police find handguns, machete and more than 800 pieces of stolen jewellery in pond... and it's all thanks to one very curious dog | Daily Mail Online

This is one of the most deplorable things I have shared on websleuths. I actually feel sick reading this. :eek:.
'Bedsit killer' had sex with EIGHTY dead bodies it can be revealed as he admits two murders in 1987 | Daily Mail Online

Quote: Bedsit killer' had sex with at least EIGHTY dead bodies when he worked as a hospital electrician

What is it that normalises such acts of depravity in humans? By this I mean both the awful murders and the incomprehensible acts with corpses.

Is it how he was wired at birth or the consequence of abnormal conditioning during formative childhood and early adult life?

We need to understand this to assist in prevention and identifying possible offenders at an early stage.

I hope the psychiatrists/psychologists conduct a thorough forensic profile of his psychology and that DF feels compelled to cooperate fully and frankly.

There have been too many cases in the NHS where staff have been able to go unchecked whilst lone working without any peer-to-peer mentoring or appropriate transparency. Think Ian Paterson, Harold Shipman, Beverley Allitt, Jimmy Saville, Dr Joyce Trail and many, many others.

I know first hand, from investigating criminal allegations against NHS staff at work, that lone working without checks and balances is a common feature of the conditions that enabled the offending to occur. It's about time this was recognised as a significant risk and put right.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
upnorthmichigansleuth
Back