DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Al Ka

Reaction score
Asifa Hassani

8b49ac22-5a59-435c-a6a5-59cd16c77c71.png

3dd3c25b-0d67-47eb-8022-a3c4681c257a.png

6d698678-7884-499e-bed7-acf42c9ba355.png

Renewed appeal shown on Crimewatch for 16 year old Asifa Hassani who disappeared on 11 May 1995 from her home on Chorlton on Medlock in Manchester.

One month after her disappearance she had made a call home and talked briefly to her brother while crying. Call was made apparently from a premises in Longsight. No one has heard from her since.

3d0854d3-1a40-4572-80a3-c08de8551e92.png

BBC One - Crimewatch Roadshow - Asifa Hassani - Missing Person

Her case is not listed on Missing People org page (yet)

7 MAR 2019
She disappeared almost 25 years ago - this is what Fatemeh Hassani could look like now

1_BA_MEN_200618FatimaHassani_01.jpg

(Actual photo from 1995. Click on image to enlarge)

In the summer of 1995, teenager Fatemeh Hassani walked out of her home in Manchester on her way to college - she was never seen again.

A month after her mysterious disappearance the phone rang at Fatemeh’s family home in Chorlton-on-Medlock. The line was slightly muffled, but Mehdi Khodabakhsh could clearly hear his 16-year-old sister Fatemeh crying on the other end of the line.

Speaking to her siblings through tears, Fatemeh told them how much she missed them, but refused to say where she was calling from.

Then just a child himself, Mehdi called for his mum Khadijeh Khodabakhsh.
She was desperate to hear from her missing daughter and rushed to the phone, only to hear the dull sound of a dial tone.

When Fatemeh - who also went by the name ‘Asefeh’ or ‘Asifa’ - left home she had scrawled an emotional note on the living room wall which was hidden behind a wrestling poster. It read: “Dear parents, don’t worry about me I’m 17 now” and “Mum I will never forgive you”.

In the weeks and months that came after her mysterious disappearance, Fatemeh’s bereft family turned to police, a private detective and even a palm reader in a bid to find her.

But they have heard nothing since that fateful day, almost 25 years ago.
---
Her family say it’s as if Fatemeh disappeared off the face of the earth. They have clung to that last phone call, the note scrawled on the wall and the first name of a boyfriend she had as the last pieces of information about her life.

In May 1995, when Fatemeh went missing, she was studying at the Manchester College.

According to her family she may have been under pressure and had argued with her parents in the run up to her disappearance.
---
Last year Khadijehtold the M.E.N that she still thinks of her daughter every day.
She said: "I have never moved from this house in case she comes back. “I just want her to know that I love her. I made a mistake because I think I was very strict with her.

“Every day I pray and ask god to help her and have news from her. I just want her to be safe. “If she doesn’t want to see me, her brothers and sister have a right to have their sister back. I know inside they are hurting.

“My children are very close and caring to each other and to me. Our family circumstances are completely changed. The door is open.”
---
Fatemeh and her family moved to the UK from Iran in 1991 so her father could study for a PhD at the University of Manchester.

The young Fatemeh, her brothers and sister all attended school and college in Manchester and had made friends in the city.

At the time of her disappearance, Fatemeh had also been seeing a boy called Brian from The Manchester College’s Shena Simon campus, which had caused arguments with her family.
---
In the midst of those family tensions, Fatemeh told her younger brother Mehdi, then 15, that she was planning to run away. He didn’t believe her.

“She said she was going to run away with that boy,” he previously said.
Mehdi believes his sister’s plans were forced to change when the relationship ended.

But she still ran away from home - leaving with just a few clothes in a small suitcase, no money and no way of accessing money.

“I said goodbye, she hugged me and everything. The next day I came back to school she was gone.”

Mehdi says Fatemeh had been keen to study fashion and had argued with her parents about school.

He added: “The night before she was going to run away she told me and said ‘I’m going to leave, it’s okay’. I didn’t think to myself she would actually do it. I went to school and came back and she was not here and that really shook me.

“She had told me she was going to write on the wall. There was a poster of a wrestling guy and when I came home she had already removed it and there was something written there.”

Though her family find it difficult to remember the exact wording of that handwritten message, there are extracts they recall clearly.

“When she left she wrote on the wall ‘Dear parents, don’t worry about me I’m 17 now’. But at the bottom she said ‘Mum I will never forgive you’,” Khadijeh said.
---
Police believe that the missing teenager phoned her family a month later from a premises in Longsight.

Her family were, at the time, told by officers that she had spent her first night away from home at an address on Hammerstone Road, in Longsight.

Records on the case are incomplete and there are no internet or phone records relating to the case. So Helen and Julie have requestioned Khadijeh and Mehdi about their memories of that time.

National Insurance records and financial checks have been run but it does not appear that Fatemeh ever applied for a loan or a credit card in her name.
---
Back in the 1990s, Fatemeh’s father - who is now divorced from Khadijeh - even hired a private detective in the hope of finding her. He has told police that he was strict with his daughter but did everything he could to find her.

Khadijeh, who still struggles with the loss, even went to a palm reader in the hope of finding out something about Fatemeh’s whereabouts.

“I have been told she is alive and working and she is happy with her life and that’s it. But none of them told me anything about my daughter,” she said.

It is not thought that Fatemeh went back to Iran and the family have trawled social media sites in hope of finding her, to no avail.
---
A few days before her disappearance Khadijeh and Fatemeh had argued. The following day, when they had made up, Khadijeh took her daughter shopping with the little money she had left in her purse - just £13. She bought sunglasses, trousers and hair colour and they came home.

Then on May 11, 1995, Khadijeh left home in the morning to attend a computer course. She had expected Fatemeh to go straight to college, but when she arrived home shortly after 3pm the garden gate was open and Fatemeh was gone. After nervous phone calls to college friends, Fatemeh was reported missing to police.
---
When her exam results arrived a few weeks later Fatemeh was not there to receive them. The grades, which were instead collected by her mum, are the last trace Fatemeh left of her former life in Manchester.

The teenager called the house about a month later but Khadijeh never got a chance to speak to her daughter again.
---
Fatemeh is described as being of Middle Eastern appearance, 5ft 5ins tall, of a medium build with black hair and dark brown eyes. She has a 1cm scar on her forehead and has pierced ears.

She would now be 40 years old. As well as Fatemeh she also went by the name ‘Asefeh’ or ‘Asifa’.

If you have seen Fatemeh or have any information about her whereabouts please call the National Missing Persons Helpline on 116 000 or GMP on 101.

Police are also keen to speak to Fatemeh’s former boyfriend from the time, known only as Brian.

She disappeared almost 25 years ago - this is what Fatemeh Hassani could look like now

Edit by me: Just to add, whole article refer to her as Fatemeh. I think correct spelling would be Fatima. Her official name is though Asifa Hassani.

Last edited:
I have not found any other articles or appeals over whole 25 years while she was missing. They might be out there though.

Wow, thank you Dotr for finding this. I have no idea how tumblr works. Pity it was not stated where information came from at that time (even though nothing new is there). It seems it was written in 2015, which makes it so far earliest found mention of her case. Nice to have an extra photo too.

Reposting photo with possibility to enlarge (click on the photo)

tumblr_ny8iptv30p1ude7zbo2_500.jpg

Hardly any coverage on this case at all. Bit odd
I'm not sure why it's been difficult that police have yet to question 'Brian'. That's assuming it's his actual name.
It mentions that, "Fatemeh had also been seeing a boy called Brian from The Manchester College’s Shena Simon campus." In 1995 a young student disappeared off the face of the earth. So, what happened to Fatima Hassani?
So they went to the same college.
Did the police check in with the College and that specific campus searching for 'Brian'? I'm assuming they did, and Brian doesn't exist. Or they didn't, wouldn't be a surprise, this case has absolutely no coverage at all, apart from 1 or 2 articles.
Maybe friends saw her with this 'Brian'? Were they ever questioned?
Maybe the brother knows who he is? She seems to have confided in him a lot.

I've cross-referenced some vague information with UK Missing Persons Unit.
UK Missing Persons Unit
I found one, where this woman may have similarities to Fatemah? Only thing is the age: 18-30.
This body was found in 2010, Fatemah would be 42 now, but when that body was found she'd be 32. Not far off, but not in the right frame.

UK Missing Persons Unit
I found one, where this woman may have similarities to Fatemah? Only thing is the age: 18-30.
This body was found in 2010, Fatemah would be 42 now, but when that body was found she'd be 32. Not far off, but not in the right frame.

Unless I'm completely wrong, and this woman is in the age range of 18-30. Not sure, can anyone help?

"Fatemeh is described as being of Middle Eastern appearance, 5ft 5ins tall, of a medium build with black hair and dark brown eyes. She has a 1cm scar on her forehead and has pierced ears".

This is not mentioned in the UK Missing Persons case for the woman I initially suspected to be Fatemah. As the scar is certainly a predominant feature, it would be of been mentioned, unless over age it seemed to have heal?

UK Missing Persons Unit

Funny that you mention Angel of the Meadow Jane Doe. She is actually the reason why I have made this orginal thread for missing Fatemeh. Even though Jane Doe is suspected to be murdered sometimes in late 70s, there is still possibility that it could have happened some years or even decades later so time frame with Fatemah is still possible.

"Fatemeh is described as being of Middle Eastern appearance, 5ft 5ins tall, of a medium build with black hair and dark brown eyes. She has a 1cm scar on her forehead and has pierced ears".

This is not mentioned in the UK Missing Persons case for the woman I initially suspected to be Fatemah. As the scar is certainly a predominant feature, it would be of been mentioned, unless over age it seemed to have heal?

Angel of the Meadow remains were skeletal when she was found hence no scars anywhere on the body or any possible tattoos or other marks on the skin would be left to see.

Thinking that Fatemah would be unlikely to wear a beer pinafore, but of course anything is possible, imo.
This is the thread for the UID female suggested..
UK - UK - Manchester, 'Angel of the Meadow' WhtFem Skeletal, 16-30, buried, Jan'10

Fatemeh wanted to study fashion hence in my mind is still playing that she could wear something like that (pinafore dress) even made by herself. Even though I don't think it is huge change she is Angel of the Meadow (mainly age discrepancy) I am not completely ruling her out yet.

I'm going to try and link times, possibilities and similarities. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Fatemah goes missing in 1995 at the age of 16, she isn't seen since.
Angel of the Meadow was discovered in 2010.
Fatemah would of been 31 in 2010.
The age range on Angel of Meadow in 18-30 according to the UK missing persons page.
Reiterating points made, if Fatemah wanted to study fashion, then I don't think the pinafore dress is odd, perhaps she made it herself.
Maybe she took additional activities after college on Fashion? Stitched the dress then, or just the buttons? Or bought the dress from a thrift store/charity shop?

The picture of Fatemah in 1995 looks crazily similar to the image constructed of the Angel of Meadows unless I'm looking into it far too much. Especially the eyes. They both slant downwards towards the end. Similarity?
She disappeared almost 25 years ago - this is what Fatemeh Hassani could look like now - Image of Fatemah in 1995 can be found here.
UK Missing Persons Unit - Constructed image of Angel of Meadow can be found here.

Location,
Fatemah lived in Chorlton-on-Medlock. Goes to The Manchester's College, Shena Simon campus. Not very far at all. Approx 25 minutes by foot, and only 5 minutes by car.
Angel of Meadows was discovered in Angel Meadows Car Park.
Fatemah is last seen leaving her home on her way to College.
Chorlton-on-Medlock to Angel Meadows Car Park is 9 minutes by car. Do we know if Fatemah arrived to the College that day?

However, looking at Wikipedia (which is usually unreliable) the age gap given for the Angel of Meadow is 18-35. Fatemah would of been 31, so this fits. Similarity??

"The date of her death was identified as the 1970s or 80s. Police believe the woman was born between 1950 and 1954." Angel of the Meadow - Wikipedia
I don't think it's now possible that Fatemah is the Angel of Meadow. Fatemah was born around 1979. No where near the suspected 1950-54.

"The victim had a number of fillings and her first upper right premolar was missing, which would have been apparent in life when she smiled." Angel of the Meadow - Wikipedia
Any information on the state of Fatemah's teeth? Maybe this will help.

Fatemeh is described as being of Middle Eastern appearance, 5ft 5ins tall, of a medium build with black hair and dark brown eyes.She disappeared almost 25 years ago - this is what Fatemeh Hassani could look like now
The Angel of Meadow is described as, "she was probably European but possibly from India or the Middle East." Similarity?

There are a few similarities between Fatemah and the Angel of Meadow; the Location, the ethnicity to an extent, the constructed face and Fatemah's face, the weird dress makes sense in regards to aspiring Fashion.

But there are also differences. Main one being age. However coming across this article on the Angel of Meadow I'm fairly convinced it's not Fatemah.
The man haunted by the mystery of the Angel of the Meadow
The similarities between them are highly uncanny nonetheless.

I honestly believe Fatemah is out there living her life under another name. I don't believe she will be found unless she chooses to reveal herself (which is unlikely due to the amount of time that has passed).

The Doe Network: Case File 1447DFUK
Case File 1447DFUK
1447DFUK.jpg
1447DFUK1.jpg

Hassani, circa 1995
Fatima Hassani
Missing since May 11, 1995 from Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Classification: Endangered Runaway
    • Date Of Birth: February 11, 1979
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 16 years old
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'5"- 5'6" (168 cm)
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Black/Brown hair; brown eyes. Fatima is of Arabic appearance.
Hassani went missing from her home in Chorlton on Medlock, Manchester.
Fatima is originally from Tehran, Iran.
A month after her disappearance she called her family, she was crying and said that she missed them, then hung up.
Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Greater Manchester Police
0161 872 5050
source Information
:
National Center for Missing and Exploited Children
BBC UK

The Doe Network: Case File 1447DFUK
Case File 1447DFUK
1447DFUK.jpg
1447DFUK1.jpg

Hassani, circa 1995
Fatima Hassani
Missing since May 11, 1995 from Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Classification: Endangered Runaway
    • Date Of Birth: February 11, 1979
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 16 years old
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'5"- 5'6" (168 cm)
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Black/Brown hair; brown eyes. Fatima is of Arabic appearance.
Hassani went missing from her home in Chorlton on Medlock, Manchester.
Fatima is originally from Tehran, Iran.
A month after her disappearance she called her family, she was crying and said that she missed them, then hung up.
Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Greater Manchester Police
0161 872 5050
source Information
:
National Center for Missing and Exploited Children
BBC UK

I think that maybe at the point she called home she realised she'd made a mistake and wanted to return home but was too afraid of her parents reaction/too ashamed.

They do say the longer a person is missing the less likely they feel able to return home out of embarrassment due to the trauma they've caused to family.

Is it possible she was killed in a 'honour killing' similar to Shafelia Ahmed?

That is a good question and it's certainly not unheard of in the culture of that religion.

However, how would the phone call a month after be explained? Unless her father found her after that and did it without the Mom knowing.

I find it difficult to believe she would still be in the press after 25 years if they knew she was dead. Especially the quote below, the Mother sounds genuinely distraught still.

Last year Khadijehtold the M.E.N that she still thinks of her daughter every day.
She said: "I have never moved from this house in case she comes back. “I just want her to know that I love her. I made a mistake because I think I was very strict with her.

“Every day I pray and ask god to help her and have news from her. I just want her to be safe. “If she doesn’t want to see me, her brothers and sister have a right to have their sister back. I know inside they are hurting.

“My children are very close and caring to each other and to me. Our family circumstances are completely changed. The door is open.”

That is a good question and it's certainly not unheard of in the culture of that religion.

However, how would the phone call a month after be explained? Unless her father found her after that and did it without the Mom knowing.

I find it difficult to believe she would still be in the press after 25 years if they knew she was dead. Especially the quote below, the Mother sounds genuinely distraught still.

"Our family circumstances are completely changed. The door is open.”
What was it like before? strict? she had to keep up western traditions? did Asifa go against them prompting shame to the family?

“When she left she wrote on the wall ‘Dear parents, don’t worry about me I’m 17 now’. But at the bottom she said ‘Mum I will never forgive you’,” Khadijeh said.
This is interesting, there is a direct message to start with, parents, so both mum and dad. But then, she directs the last part of her message to her mum. "I will never forgive you"?
Did her dad take matters into his own hands that the mum is completely anywhere of, or vice versa?

Could the phone call just be an act?

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emmab