UK - Barry Rubery, 68, murdered nr Bristol in 2010

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Luwin

Reaction score
The children of a pensioner who was murdered 12 years ago have made a renewed plea for information to help solve the mystery of his violent death.

Barry Rubery, 68, was attacked as he returned to his home in Iron Acton, South Gloucestershire, on 28 April 2010, following a night out.

His ankles and wrists were bound together, he was severely beaten and his home had been ransacked.

"It's put a big void in all our lives," his son Phil Rubery said.

The independent charity Crimestoppers is now offering a £20,000 reward for information provided to them exclusively which leads to a conviction in this case.

Barry Rubery's children appeal to find their father's murderer

A new BBC documentary will broadcast tomorrow night (Monday 28 March) focussing on the unsolved murder of 68-year-old Barry Rubery in Iron Acton almost 12 years ago.

‘Who Killed Barry Rubery?’ will be screened at 8.30pm on BBC One South West and BBC One West, and then made available nationally on BBC iPlayer as part of the We Are England series.

It features detailed interviews with Senior Investigating Officer DCI Mark Almond, and Barry’s family, including his son Philip and daughter Julie.

BBC documentary to focus on the unsolved murder of Barry Rubery in Iron Acton | Avon and Somerset Police

BBC Barry Rubery murder documentary airs with £20,000 reward for new information - Bristol Live (bristolpost.co.uk)
0_Barry-Rubery-2.jpg

''It is known that Barry was killed after returning to his home at Crossing Cottage in Iron Acton at about 10.45pm on Wednesday, April 28, 2010, shortly after he returned from a night out. He was found in his porch at 8am the following day by a friend.''

''His wrists had been bound together with large, white cable ties and then tied with a long extension lead to his ankles. There was clear evidence of a struggle in his back garden A post-mortem examination later confirmed he’d suffered fatal head injuries sustained in a violent assault.''

''His home had been subject to a thorough search with drawers opened and emptied, a loft disturbed and a picture concealing a safe moved, very little was taken apart from Barry’s Nokia 3310 and a set of keys. Some items of value were left behind, including cash, jewellery and the safe but none of this helped make a conviction.''

''This case has been subject to a number of hypotheses over the years, but I firmly believe those responsible for Barry’s murder had detailed knowledge of his movements and laid in wait for him to come home that night."

I watched the documentary last night, only 30 mins but I thought it was good

I watched the documentary last night, only 30 mins but I thought it was good
This one?

Cold Case Documentary UK 2023​

Jan 7, 2024 UNITED KINGDOM
''Barry who was a father and grandfather was killed at Crossing Cottage on Latteridge Road in Iron Acton sometime overnight on April 28-29, 2010. He had returned to the property at around 10.45pm after attending a Masons' dinner at a lodge in the area.After letting himself through the gate of his property he was attacked and as a result sustained significant injuries to his head.Officers believe that those responsible may have been waiting for him as he never made it into his home.Today on the second anniversary of Barry's death the officer leading the investigation has released an image of a footprint that was left at the scene. The sole of the shoe is likely to be from a trainer possibly of a Nike brand.Detective Chief Inspector Mike Carter who is leading the investigation said: "Barry needlessly lost his life two years ago and I am determined to find those responsible for this violent crime''.

@dotr It was a bbc documentary- I just looked it up and says no longer available :(

I've never heard of this before, first question would be did he have any enemies? It sounds either targeted or he disturbed some burglars at work.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unconscous
Back