GUILTY UK - Bennylyn Burke, 25, & her 2 daughters (1 found alive), Kingwood, 17 Feb 2021 *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Seemingly they met on plenty of fish and he lured her to the home. Maybe promising a better life for her and her 2 kids. I keep thinking about the eldest daughter. What she went through and for how long whilst her mother and sister were dead. This case has been very hush hush here in Scotland (I am in Edinburgh) and honestly it’s strange. <modsnip>

Horrendous!

Last edited by a moderator:
Seemingly they met on plenty of fish and he lured her to the home. Maybe promising a better life for her and her 2 kids. I keep thinking about the eldest daughter. What she went through and for how long whilst her mother and sister were dead. This case has been very hush hush here in Scotland (I am in Edinburgh) and honestly it’s strange. I’ve heard so many rumours about this monster one being that he was previously in jail for rape and released after 3 years of a 7 year sentence, I just hope the 7 year old is ok.

Horrendous!

Wow. Is PoF still a thing? It was a hideous cesspit of pervs, jakeballs and weirdos a decade ago so I can’t imagine it will have improved any.

I’m not sure that the Innes mentioned in the Aberdeen case is the same guy but I do believe he probably will have some sort of dodgy back story. You don’t just go from being a normal man to killing women and children and burying them under your floor.

Seemingly they met on plenty of fish and he lured her to the home. Maybe promising a better life for her and her 2 kids. I keep thinking about the eldest daughter. What she went through and for how long whilst her mother and sister were dead. This case has been very hush hush here in Scotland (I am in Edinburgh) and honestly it’s strange. <modsnip>

Horrendous!
This is very interesting actually, because it makes it seem to me like it was basically fairly random.

It looks like the suspect chose a vulnerable victim via OLD rather than having any prior knowledge of or relationship with Bennylynn. Possibly groomed her for a period of time, offered a way out of her living situation. Maybe a job as a nanny or housekeeper or something?

Actually are you sure it was Plenty of Fish not Fish4Jobs? Just a thought.

All MOO

Horrendous!
Oh how awful. I've been thinking about this case a lot recently (I work in Dundee) and wondering what his motives were, especially why he left the 7 year old child? How a man with a wife and 3 kids (1 of which was supposedly staying with him, though not at the time) thinks he can get away with murdering a woman and a child.

Yes, it's been quite hush but the justice system does take a long time - where did you hear about them meeting on PoF or is it a local rumour?

This makes NO sense. Why murder the child that wouldn’t be able to help much with the case and keep the older child, who would 100% be able to describe what she witnessed, alive?

And why did he keep that poor kid with him in the house? Why not abandon her somewhere? So weird.

This is very interesting actually, because it makes it seem to me like it was basically fairly random.

It looks like the suspect chose a vulnerable victim via OLD rather than having any prior knowledge of or relationship with Bennylynn. Possibly groomed her for a period of time, offered a way out of her living situation. Maybe a job as a nanny or housekeeper or something?

Actually are you sure it was Plenty of Fish not Fish4Jobs? Just a thought.

All MOO

This makes NO sense. Why murder the child that wouldn’t be able to help much with the case and keep the older child, who would 100% be able to describe what she witnessed, alive?

And why did he keep that poor kid with him in the house? Why not abandon her somewhere? So weird.

I can only think of one reason why the 7 year old was "spared" (and I use that word loosely), and I am guessing that she was the one he wanted.

I've wondered since this whole thing transpired if the relationship with the mother was purely a means to end in order to get to the 7 year old.

I hate typing that, but it's the only thing that makes sense to me based on the little we know at this time.

MOO

Sorry yes, heard the POF through the grapevine. The most important thing is they weren’t known to have met before this happened. I sure I remember reading that people initially thought the 7 year old was his daughter and the 2 year old was found not to be. I think this has came from the police going to his door initially and when asked who the 7 year old was he stated she was his daughter.

I to believe it was the 7 year old he really wanted, I hate writing that too tbh but I suspect more charges to be added.

Does anyone know when his pleading diet is?

I can only think of one reason why the 7 year old was "spared" (and I use that word loosely), and I am guessing that she was the one he wanted.

I've wondered since this whole thing transpired if the relationship with the mother was purely a means to end in order to get to the 7 year old.

I hate typing that, but it's the only thing that makes sense to me based on the little we know at this time.

MOO
Oh my God. That is so horrific. Poor child.

Sorry yes, heard the POF through the grapevine. The most important thing is they weren’t known to have met before this happened. I sure I remember reading that people initially thought the 7 year old was his daughter and the 2 year old was found not to be. I think this has came from the police going to his door initially and when asked who the 7 year old was he stated she was his daughter.

I to believe it was the 7 year old he really wanted, I hate writing that too tbh but I suspect more charges to be added.

Does anyone know when his pleading diet is?

According to news articles Andrew Innes has declined to make a plea, so in court if you refuse to enter a plea, it is simply taken as a plea of not guilty, and the case proceeds to trial. If he is guilty the a guilty plea would reduce any jail sentence.

"Andrew Innes, 50, is alleged to have used a hammer to murder 25-year-old Innes made no plea when he appeared at Dundee Sheriff Court"

It is tragic that a 25 year old woman and a 2 year old baby have died, to interpolate that 'the 7 year old is not dead, therefor he must be a pedophile' is a ridiculous assumption.

Last edited:
According to news articles Andrew Innes has declined to make a plea, so in court if you refuse to enter a plea, it is simply taken as a plea of not guilty, and the case proceeds to trial. If he is guilty the a guilty plea would reduce any jail sentence.

"Andrew Innes, 50, is alleged to have used a hammer to murder 25-year-old Innes made no plea when he appeared at Dundee Sheriff Court"

Also it is tragic enough that a 25 year old woman and a 2 year old baby have died, to make an interpolation that 'the 7 year old is not dead, therefor he must be a pedophile' is a ridiculous assumption.

I find it difficult to reason why he would allegedly murder the 2yr old but keep the 7yr old alive? What are your thoughts to the reason behind this? Why not kill them all? Why not keep both children alive? Obviously all will come out in court but I don't feel it's a ridiculous assumption at all. MOO

I find it difficult to reason why he would allegedly murder the 2yr old but keep the 7yr old alive? What are your thoughts to the reason behind this? Why not kill them all? Why not keep both children alive? Obviously all will come out in court but I don't feel it's a ridiculous assumption at all. MOO

Because their deaths may possibly have been unintentional, the bodies being concealed is another offence; Burial and Cremation (Scotland) Act 2016, section 9 Unauthorised burial: offences.

Because their deaths may possibly have been unintentional, the bodies being concealed is another offence; Burial and Cremation (Scotland) Act 2016, section 9 Unauthorised burial: offences.

I can see where you're coming from regarding the difference in charges, but I don't see how a man could unintentionally kill a woman with a hammer.

I know what Plenty of Fish is thanks. I also know how things get convoluted when passed from one person to another. Fish4Jobs is a legitimate employment site where one might look for work. If someone then heard that, for instance B had gone for a job interview for, say a live-in housekeeper job that she saw on Fish4Jobs, it is not beyond the bounds of possibility that another person would extrapolate that as she went to meet a man she met on Plenty of Fish. (I don’t mean you @Edinlass by the way, I mean several people removed from the news source!)

All MOO and just an example to illustrate a point.

Last edited:
Wow. Is PoF still a thing? It was a hideous cesspit of pervs, jakeballs and weirdos a decade ago so I can’t imagine it will have improved any.

I’m not sure that the Innes mentioned in the Aberdeen case is the same guy but I do believe he probably will have some sort of dodgy back story. You don’t just go from being a normal man to killing women and children and burying them under your floor.

Yes you may be right, the ages don’t match.

It is tragic that a 25 year old woman and a 2 year old baby have died, to interpolate that 'the 7 year old is not dead, therefor he must be a pedophile' is a ridiculous assumption.

I think given that we don’t have any details as to why he bludgeoned the mother to death with a hammer and by means not yet known killed the 2year old yet spared the 7 year old, it’s not beyond the realms of imagination as to why. What is ridiculous is the assumption that this was ‘unintentional’. A murder charge differs majorly from a manslaughter charge -

Murder and manslaughter are two of the offences that constitute homicide.

Subject to three exceptions (see Voluntary Manslaughter below) the crime of murder is committed, where a person:

Of sound mind and discretion (i.e. sane);
unlawfully kills (i.e. not self-defence or other justified killing);
any reasonable creature (human being);
in being (born alive and breathing through its own lungs - Rance v Mid-Downs Health Authority (1991) 1 All ER 801 and AG Ref No 3 of 1994 (1997) 3 All ER 936;
under the Queen's Peace (not in war-time);
with intent to kill or cause grievous bodily harm (GBH).

Homicide: Murder and Manslaughter | The Crown Prosecution Service

We shall find out more at the trial I suspect.

Last edited:
There’s no manslaughter in Scotland by the way, the equivalent is culpable homicide.

I struggle to believe that conscience is the main explanation for sparing the elder child when you’ve just killed two people. It’s possible but it’s not my go to assumption with this guy. On balance of risk how was he going to explain her presence? He couldn’t hide her forever. Whatever the reason was, it was powerful enough to override the same urge to protect himself that drove him to bury two people into the floor of his house.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adr5879
Back