Still Missing UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got to say, my heart is really going out to the other children of ScW and SW this morning. All of this will resonate for the rest of their lives.

I've been saying the same. One brother in particular is convinced that his sister is just going to walk in the door after the trial ... his world is about to come crashing down and I really do hope he has someone who will catch him and help him process the evidence he'll hear and come to terms with his sister being gone.

Missing Peterborough teenager Bernadette Walker’s parents in dock as murder trial is set to begin

Sarah Walker (37), and Scott Walker (50), both of Century Square in Millfield are standing trial at Cambridge Crown Court, with the first day of the hearing today (Thursday, June 10).

Scott Walker is charged with murder and two counts of perverting the course of justice, while Sarah Walker faces two counts of perverting the course of justice.

Today there has been legal discussion, with judge Mrs Justice McGowan saying a jury will be selected and the case is expected to be opened by the prosecution on Monday.

Missing Peterborough teenager Bernadette Walker’s parents in dock as murder trial is set to begin

Bit confused by the article. It’s saying that they are both up on 2 counts of ‘PTCOJ’. I thought it was 4 each as SaW had pleaded ‘guilty’ to 2 and ‘not guilty’ to the other 2 so we know she has 2 but Scott had gone ‘not guilty’on all charges’?So has he now pleaded guilty to 2?

Sarah Walker (37), and Scott Walker (50), both of Century Square in Millfield are standing trial at Cambridge Crown Court, with the first day of the hearing today (Thursday, June 10).

Scott Walker is charged with murder and two counts of perverting the course of justice, while Sarah Walker faces two counts of perverting the course of justice.

Today there has been legal discussion, with judge Mrs Justice McGowan saying a jury will be selected and the case is expected to be opened by the prosecution on Monday.

Have 2 charges of perverting the course of justice been dropped against both of them. Thought there were 4 each, 2 of which SaW had admitted already.

Bit confused by the article. It’s saying that they are both up on 2 counts of ‘PTCOJ’. I thought it was 4 each as SaW had pleaded ‘guilty’ to 2 and ‘not guilty’ to the other 2 so we know she has 2 but Scott had gone ‘not guilty’on all charges’?So has he now pleaded guilty to 2?

Could be PT getting it wrong ?

Cambs Live still shows ...

Father Scott Walker is charged with murder and four counts of perverting the course of justice, while mother Sarah Walker is charged with four counts of perverting the course of justice.

Bernadette, 17, from Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, remains unaccounted for since she was reported missing in July last year.

In March this year, Sarah Walker admitted two counts of perverting the course of justice.

Live updates as Bernadette Walker murder trial opens in Cambridge

Have 2 charges of perverting the course of justice been dropped against both of them. Thought there were 4 each, 2 of which SaW had admitted already.
Maybe the PT has it wrong. Cambridgeshire Live reported 4 charges:

"Father Scott Walker is charged with murder and four counts of perverting the course of justice, while mother Sarah Walker is charged with four counts of perverting the course of justice.

Bernadette, 17, from Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, remains unaccounted for since she was reported missing in July last year.

In March this year, Sarah Walker admitted two counts of perverting the course of justice.

The charges alleged the defendants sent messages from Bernadette’s phone between July 18 and September 12 last year, and they provided false information to the police relating to her disappearance on July 21.

Sarah Walker denied two similar charges, which also alleged the couple gave “the impression that Bernadette Walker was alive” and that they knew she was dead."
Live updates as Bernadette Walker murder trial opens in Cambridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members