Still Missing UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In all the (meagre) reports we have seen from court, what stands out to me is the lack of; concern, urgency, worry, emotion and it’s devastating impact on the family, for missing Bernadette. It’s like she is invisible in all this - none of the actions seem to centre on finding her, or talking about her, or seeking comfort from the impact of her missing.

I’m pretty sure this will have been posted before on an earlier thread, but I hadn’t seen it before and found it a really interesting read.
It’s a statement analysis from October 2020 on the media statements made by the Walkers.

EDIT Sorry it wouldn’t let me post the link but you can google statement analysis blog spot Bernadette walker and hopefully find it

Perfect alibi... I got in the car slept woke up briefly and went back to sleep! Surely the Jury will not believe this?!? I honestly feel so angry the more I read. Bernadette deserves so much more

As I said the more you let them speak, the dumber it gets. So she got in the car in the middle of the night leaving 9 kids (including 2 babies) alone, fell asleep, woke up and walked a bit, got back in the car and fell asleep again…and was never suspicious to why she was going on a middle of the night, in heavy rain during lockdown trip to the middle of nowhere? Keep them talking…

Perfect alibi... I got in the car slept woke up briefly and went back to sleep! Surely the Jury will not believe this?!? I honestly feel so angry the more I read. Bernadette deserves so much more
Who goes out for a random drive in the early hours for no reason!! Did they not ask her why they went for a drive!! Utter nonsense !!

As I said the more you let them speak, the dumber it gets. So she got in the car in the middle of the night leaving 9 kids (including 2 babies) alone, fell asleep, woke up and walked a bit, got back in the car and fell asleep again…and was never suspicious to why she was going on a middle of the night, in heavy rain during lockdown trip to the middle of nowhere? Keep them talking…
Exactly!!. This surprised me though . I had expected her to deny being in the car on these road trips and say ScW must have taken her phone without her knowledge

I am sure the prosecution will tear this story apart when she takes the stand. It is utter nonsense

This is the first case I've followed and right from the start. Thought that when this one was finished I would find another to follow but I now won't bother. We try really hard to figure out and piece things together but we won't be able to with the tiny bit of daily reporting. They give us 5 minutes out of a full day. So we won't be able to make proper sense of it.

Don't let this put you off. I've been on here for a few years now and have followed lots of cases, have to say this is the only one that I've found really frustrating due to the reasons you've mentioned.

This is the first case I've followed and right from the start. Thought that when this one was finished I would find another to follow but I now won't bother. We try really hard to figure out and piece things together but we won't be able to with the tiny bit of daily reporting. They give us 5 minutes out of a full day. So we won't be able to make proper sense of it.

Some of the UK cases we follow on here do have much better reporting, usually a live daily log from the court, often backed up by independent tweets from other journalists.
I have followed cases on WS for about 8 years and this has to be in the top 3 for being a case with minimal reporting.
As others have said, it feels like an insult to Bernadette. So many people did not care about her and abused her during her lifetime and I just feel she is not getting proper justice now.

So question - since Sarah admits she sent messages from BW's phone because ScW was scared of going to prison, and brainwashed her, and she thought he was innocent and all the rest of it, why didn't she admit sending the texts on the trip to Cowbit? The ones with the double spacing and people asking BW "bare questions"? What about those texts is any more incriminating than the rest, and why did she claim to be asleep apart from briefly waking up at the services, if it was only a trip to send texts?

I think we can put to rest the notion that the trip out that night was only to send messages from Cowbit. The missing one and a half hours after the last message was sent from Bee's phone is the real reason Sarah was 'sleeping'.

I really expected from the headline that SaW would claim to be asleep at home in bed. That she was asleep in the car for most of the Cowbit trip (whilst her baby and young kids were left with someone else - what did she say to the babysitter?), only waking briefly at the service station, and therefore saw nothing, I find complete BS. She is not an unconscious passenger on a random 'dead of night' excursion with no purpose. She must know why they made this journey and what happened on it.

Last edited:
I really expected from the headline that SaW would claim to be asleep at home in bed. That she was asleep in the car for most of the Cowbit trip (whilst her baby and young kids were left with someone else - what did she say to the babysitter?), only waking briefly at the service station, and therefore saw nothing, I find complete BS. She is not an unconscious passenger on a random 'dead of night' excursion with no purpose. She must know why they made this journey and what happened on it.

It's astonishing, isn't it? I wonder if she just didn't think quickly enough about claiming that just her phone was in the car.

I suspect that the younger children were left in the care of the older ones, they were older teens so not irresponsible as such ... I'd be interested to know where new baby was though, in the car - left at home - or with Chris?

I suspect that the younger children were left in the care of the older ones, they were older teens so not irresponsible as such ... I'd be interested to know where new baby was though, in the car - left at home - or with Chris?
It's more the baby I was thinking of. What was so important that she would leave her kids and get in the car for a midnight mystery tour with a bloke she wants rid of, who'd previously tried to throttle her, made death threat against her bf, was accused of being a paedophile child rapist by her daughter who has now vanished, and she sleeps through virtually the whole trip. Come off it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishbl