GUILTY UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

RobinCAL

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
FYI for newer members and reminder for veteran WSers ...

Reddit is not an approved source at Websleuths.

Also, social media comments from anyone other than MSM, LE, or a WS approved source are not allowed for discussion.

Some posts have been removed. Please post accordingly. Thanks

Mod Note:
Sleuthing is limited to those that have been arrested in this case. Multiple posts have been removed for the sleuthing of, and accusations toward other family members. If you observe a post doing such, please use the Report link to let the team know. Continued violations can result in time outs, thread bans, or thread closures.

Thank you for taking steps to ensure your posts comply with the TOS which we all agreed to when joining WS.

As a reminder those can be found here: The Rules

I have faith in the jury and dont think Sarah will walk free.

Sarah Walker denied two similar charges, which also alleged the couple gave “the impression that Bernadette Walker was alive” and that they knew she was dead.

Live updates as Bernadette Walker murder trial opens in Cambridge

Got to be guilty of all 4 charges IMO

those web searches may give the argument she sort of knew but hadn’t put the pieces together. She was almost there but the police got there first.

this may be our best chance, just needs someone to leak to lonely Scott hiding in his cell from the other prisoners that she’s having a great time, new bf moved in, some great tiktok videos…and he may start talking out of spite

those web searches may give the argument she sort of knew but hadn’t put the pieces together. She was almost there but the police got there first.

This could be perfectly plausible, however, her using B’s phone to send messages pretending that B had run away contradicts this theory. IF she had only used B’s phone to send messages surrounding the abuse allegations. I could believe that the reason she did so was because she needed to know who B had contacted and tell these people (as B) it wasn’t true and hope later she could sway B to her line of thinking. However, she doesn’t just do that, she continues to be B and pretends she has ran away, there is absolutely no logical reason IMO to do this unless she knew B was never returning home!

I do find my self wondering why they reported B missing so soon? (Soon after a murder not soon after a child going missing under different circumstances) I understand they may have had to eventually but as noted previously even after the arrests the couple had/have a ‘fan club’. I’m fairly sure they could have easily convinced any family or friends concerned with Bs whereabouts that she was staying elsewhere and didn’t want to come home. They could of prolonged the message exchanges, created posts on her social media to indicate she is alive and well. It truly puzzles me.

Last edited:
I wonder if he's explained his 410 steps out of the car at 11:16am, exactly 10 mins after picking up BW. 10 mins would be long enough to drive from Dukesmead, up Werrington Parkway to Glinton Esso roundabout, and then down the A15 to Car Dyke/ Barn garden centre.

11:23am his phone disconnects as he's driving - "Cell site technology was able to say his phone had been travelling east when it was switched off. ...Scott Walker deliberately switched off his phone as he drove out to those fields out of Peterborough." (source)

"He said he had taken the ‘scenic route’ from her grandparents as he was heading home, driving down the A15 and stopping to see horses before heading back up the A15 and onto Skaters Way." (source)

I think the cell site technology rules out that he killed her in a field near the Barn and left her body there. It would take longer than 7 minutes to walk 410 steps, kill her and get her body back in the car, well enough concealed to drive off. Plus you can't drive eastwards from Car Dyke/the garden centre.

So, he's driving for 10 mins so can't have killed her before 11:16am. Then he gets out and walks - he has 7 minutes to walk 410 steps, unlikely he's killed her while he's walking. So 205 steps out of the car and 205 steps back to the car. How long does 410 steps take? 3-4 minutes if he's walking with purpose, or 7 minutes if he's just pacing in a small area, having a cigarette? So let's say he was walking until 11:19/11.20. (looking at horses!) Then he's got 3-4 minutes to kill her, get her in the car and drive off. Or drive off with her alive and kill her somewhere else after his phone is disconnected, which sounds like the more likely scenario to me. If he killed her when he got back in the car, strangling or smothering is not a quick way to kill someone and I don't think he'd have been driving off so quickly. Plus we're to believe there's no evidence she was killed in the car.

Where could he drive east from the A15? Manor Drive if he'd stopped by the garden centre, which would connect with Newborough Rd, and then either north towards Newborough or south to the A47. He's back in Gunthorpe calling Sarah 1.5 hrs later, so he didn't go that far to include killing her and concealing the body.

It seems very purposeful, he seems to have been conscious of the fact he needed to get back to Gunthorpe to claim the run away happened there as soon as possible, and not so long after leaving the grandparents that police would say well you were off grid for most of the day, that doesn't compute with going from Dukesmead to Century Square, even with the excuse of a McD's. I don't think he's been lucky and found a spot to kill her by chance, knowing the time constraints he was under, so I think he had a place in mind he knew well, not only for parking, and also killing unseen, but being able to leave her body too without it being discovered by walkers before he could get back and bury her. If he'd dumped her in water in a remote spot so that her body wouldn't drift away, he wouldn't have gone back next morning IMO.

The A47 fits with his trip with Sarah in the period when their phones were disconnected on the night trip of 20th. I think she has to be located in a wooded area, not used by Saturday walkers but accessible by car, where he can bury her without having to move her again in the car, where she won't be discovered by land excavation.

Each trip is roughly the same amount of time - Saturday 1.5 hrs (including killing and concealing IMO), the 19th early hours is 2hrs 17 mins but he might need to be digging during that trip so I'd assume digging would take about an hour, the 20th early hours unexplained activity is 1hr 15mins. I think we're talking about a distance of about 20-25 mins out. Maybe around Thorney.

This could be perfectly plausible, however, her using B’s phone to send messages pretending that B had run away contradicts this theory. IF she had only used B’s phone to send messages surrounding the abuse allegations. I could believe that the reason she did so was because she needed to know who B had contacted and tell these people (as B) it wasn’t true and hope later she could sway B to her line of thinking. However, she doesn’t just do that, she continues to be B and pretends she has ran away, there is absolutely no logical reason IMO to do this unless she knew B was never returning home!

I do find my self wondering why they reported B missing so soon? (Soon after a murder not soon after a child going missing under different circumstances) I understand they may have had to eventually but as noted previously even after the arrests the couple had/have a ‘fan club’. I’m fairly sure they could have easily convinced any family or friends concerned with Bs whereabouts that she was staying elsewhere and didn’t want to come home. They could of prolonged the message exchanges, created posts on her social media to indicate she is alive and well. It truly puzzles me.
Yeah I've wondered about the same thing. I wonder if they were panicked at the thought of one of her friends getting suspicious and reporting her missing, and the texts to the friends was to delay that but that wouldn't work forever. From the beginning we get a sense that they tried to control who told what to police, first trying to erase everything that mentioned allegations, and saying it was lies, then realising they couldn't control friends so telling police themselves the very next day after reporting her missing. It looks like an evolving situation and they had to come up with a situation - first it was just allegations of recording her but he couldn't have 'because his phone was broken' and just to get ScW out of the house so CO'C could move in, which makes no sense because SaW wasn't on board.

I am amazed they reported it too. It seems she could be in any one of three houses and they have her social media plus a compliant set of siblings that swallow any thing said. They could have used our lockdowns to drag it out to now.

as I said, they go from incredibly stupid to really smart from one second to the next

He will want to get back out, to get in on that tiktok action.

this may be our best chance, just needs someone to leak to lonely Scott hiding in his cell from the other prisoners that she’s having a great time, new bf moved in, some great tiktok videos…and he may start talking out of spite

I have not seen the find my sister page, but previous posts state the eldest brother was adamant B is alive. If they are talking about doing searches now, is he now thinking she is not alive?

He has all along been sure she was just 'hiding out' until after the trial - so too, amazingly, were many others - but I think a part of him always suspected she wasn't coming back, and certainly towards the start of the trial he was publicly wavering.

Though there's even a recent post on his own open page from someone saying they thought they saw her in Bourne, so while he gets posts like that, I suppose it does kind of keep some small vestige of hope alive, even though there are always a number of these kind of false sightings with every missing person.

Last edited:
Defence summing up is interesting, as if that feels a bit weak then they’re doomed. As one chose not to speak and the other walked out and wrecked his own defence (after answering no comment prior) that poor lawyer has a job none of us would want!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member