GUILTY UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, murdered then hidden, Peterborough, 18 Jul 2020 *Parents Sentenced* #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It’s strange and nothing else less one min condemning them and the next posting video of both animals on your sisters birthday to keep them in the picture more then her and more to the point the appeals to find her have more or less seizure to exist ..... someone still has a hold on these boys two are still held up in the family home like they can see it out till mums released and then live happy ever after... you’ve had months since the trial finished and time on remand to run escape the hell you claimed to have been living.
To be fair to them, there’s probably a certain amount of trauma bonding and PTSD going on there.

Police could have handled some aspects of the missing persons investigation for murdered teenager Bernadette Walker better but there is “no way this could have prevented her death”, a watchdog has said.

The missing persons investigation was initially assessed as “medium risk”, remaining so for seven weeks before it was regraded as “high risk” and two days later a homicide investigation began.

[...]

The Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC) said in July that it found no case to answer for misconduct for an officer over his role in the missing persons investigation.

However, the IOPC investigation, which began last October and concluded in June this year, identified “potential learning” for Cambridgeshire Police.

This included supervision of missing persons investigations, and improved training for frontline officers about such inquiries.

It also included guidance for officers on how to handle sexual abuse allegations which come to light in the course of a missing persons investigation.

Bernadette had claimed that Scott Walker had sexually abused her.

IOPC regional director Graham Beesley said: “My thoughts and sympathies remain with all those who knew and loved Bernadette Walker, and will miss her.

“Cambridgeshire Constabulary has already taken steps to address some of the issues we have highlighted in our recommendations but there is still work to do.

“We found that aspects of this missing person investigation could have been handled better and there were opportunities missed to progress the investigation and to have earlier taken it in the direction of looking at Bernadette’s mother and stepfather.

“However, there is no way this could have prevented her death.

“We hope the force continues to work with us to implement these learning recommendations and to ensure lessons are learnt from these tragic events.”

[...]

Police watchdog says missing person investigation in Bernadette Walker case ‘could have been handled better

Police could have handled some aspects of the missing persons investigation for murdered teenager Bernadette Walker better but there is “no way this could have prevented her death”, a watchdog has said.

The missing persons investigation was initially assessed as “medium risk”, remaining so for seven weeks before it was regraded as “high risk” and two days later a homicide investigation began.

[...]

The Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC) said in July that it found no case to answer for misconduct for an officer over his role in the missing persons investigation.

However, the IOPC investigation, which began last October and concluded in June this year, identified “potential learning” for Cambridgeshire Police.

This included supervision of missing persons investigations, and improved training for frontline officers about such inquiries.

It also included guidance for officers on how to handle sexual abuse allegations which come to light in the course of a missing persons investigation.

Bernadette had claimed that Scott Walker had sexually abused her.

IOPC regional director Graham Beesley said: “My thoughts and sympathies remain with all those who knew and loved Bernadette Walker, and will miss her.

“Cambridgeshire Constabulary has already taken steps to address some of the issues we have highlighted in our recommendations but there is still work to do.

“We found that aspects of this missing person investigation could have been handled better and there were opportunities missed to progress the investigation and to have earlier taken it in the direction of looking at Bernadette’s mother and stepfather.

“However, there is no way this could have prevented her death.

“We hope the force continues to work with us to implement these learning recommendations and to ensure lessons are learnt from these tragic events.”

[...]

Police watchdog says missing person investigation in Bernadette Walker case ‘could have been handled better
I believe this was posted on here at the time.

Someone has said there is a girl at the college that looks like Bernadette. It isn't her.

So basically AW and the group do not believe Bernadette was murdered and that ScW and SW are innocent !!
Shocking

It’s hope that goes last. If it was a choice between thinking my sister was ok but just angry, or thinking my parents are killers who had been raping her whenever I left the house, well I know which one I would want to believe.

It’s hope that goes last. If it was a choice between thinking my sister was ok but just angry, or thinking my parents are killers who had been raping her whenever I left the house, well I know which one I would want to believe.
Well yes, no one would want to think that of their parents I agree. But there has been a trial and they have been found guilty !

Well yes, no one would want to think that of their parents I agree. But there has been a trial and they have been found guilty !

IMO it might take some time to come to terms with the reality. He seems to be going back and forth with what he believes to be the truth. It also takes time to undo the years of socialization under their roof.

I often reflect on the ScW arrest video when he offers the two eldest boys as witness that BW lied about the abuse. He's already committed the murder of BW at that point but is most concerned about being accused of being a nonce. That illustrates his motive. He's also confident in front of a police officer that they will lie for him. I also reflect on BW's own diary entry when she remarks about SaW's threat to kill her, and then the Judge's remark that SaW was the brains behind the cover up. SaW should be facing life IMO.

IMO it might take some time to come to terms with the reality. He seems to be going back and forth with what he believes to be the truth. It also takes time to undo the years of socialization under their roof.

this seems to happen a lot, especially with the children of a spouse murdering the other. Even as adult children of a father murdering mother or vice versa we see them take the side of the accused. On the outside looking in it’s a no brainer, but when you are in it, just imagine! I think Bernies brother is holding on for hope that his sister is alive as that’s much easier than admitting your mother is a killer. I just wish the would find her remains and her siblings and friends and family can start to heal. Moo

I had to go into Peterborough yesterday. As I was driving round the parkway, particularly the A15 Glinton area, I found myself looking - again - at all the trees and undergrowth, and thinking of Bernadette and where she is. I don't think that will ever change until the poor girl is found. It really is a 'needle and haystack' situation.

I had to go into Peterborough yesterday. As I was driving round the parkway, particularly the A15 Glinton area, I found myself looking - again - at all the trees and undergrowth, and thinking of Bernadette and where she is. I don't think that will ever change until the poor girl is found. It really is a 'needle and haystack' situation.
Yes, I feel that she's around there somewhere, or at least not much farther afield. I go to the Barn garden centre often (three bags of compost for a tenner!) and find myself sat in the carpark musing over the possibility that the search teams passed over her a few times. I know those guys are extremely thorough, but that watercourse is a helluva lot more immersive than how it appears on Google Earth.

Yes, I feel that she's around there somewhere, or at least not much farther afield. I go to the Barn garden centre often (three bags of compost for a tenner!) and find myself sat in the carpark musing over the possibility that the search teams passed over her a few times. I know those guys are extremely thorough, but that watercourse is a helluva lot more immersive than how it appears on Google Earth.

it will be by accident. I tried to do that casual driving and where it could be in the time frame. I ended up in Milking nook. It is nearish to the cuckoos hollow we know he went, and is silent. Friday at around 4 in the summer and I was the only one down roads and roads of trees, hedgerows, ditches, drains and dykes.

unless one of them talks, I don’t see it having a result sadly :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raquel222
Back