GUILTY UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, murdered then hidden, Peterborough, 18 Jul 2020 *Parents Sentenced* #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
interesting in that article that they include Sarah in their investigation to confirm the location of poor Bernadette. Quote below from article. They must believe that Sarah had far more involvement than she was tried for :(
Nicola Rice, senior prosecutor from CPS East of England added: “Despite a police investigation and search, Bea’s body has never been recovered. We all hope that one day Scott and Sarah Walker will do the right thing and say where she is in the hope that dignity can be returned to her.”

It’s quite unnerving to believe that she knows a lot more then she will ever let on or tell and will be lucky to see the other side of 5years in my option

However I believe we’ll hear what ever story she’ll want put out there when the price is right

It’s quite unnerving to believe that she knows a lot more then she will ever let on or tell and will be lucky to see the other side of 5years in my option

However I believe we’ll hear what ever story she’ll want put out there when the price is right
Sadly, yes you are correct :( I just hope it's not in the form of a Tiktok. I just wish like all these cases it had never happened and Bernadette and her siblings could live long happy lives and be loved as they deserved.

I have a feeling her summing up will be lengthy. She seemed pretty engaged in this case, and she's taken a couple of months to digest the facts of the perpetrators' backgrounds, histories, etc. before deciding on appropriate sentences.
It would be interesting for someone from here to be able to hear what the judge has to say.
I would expect the sentencing remarks will be published by the judiciary

You can find them here, I often read other judgments regularly they can be quite interesting
https://www.judiciary.uk

Wasn't it that they chose not to try Sarah for joint enterprise, because if they did and she was found innocent, then it'd somehow ruin CPS chances of prosecuting her of such in the future when more evidence comes to light?
As outlined she could be tried again if new evidence becomes available - I think they were more frightened that if they found her guilty they would find him guilty and have no convictions at all.

Let's hope the sentencing reflects the crime (on the large side). I doubt it will trigger a confession that would allow BW's family finally have her back to mourn and say goodbye. It's not in either's interests to be forthcoming whilst there's a window for appeal. Thanks to any members attending tomorrow. Your accounts will be gratefully received.

@helenvic SO glad you're going to be there in court today as we will actually get some first rate reporting from you ... unlike the actual journalists.

Crossing my everything that Sarah gets a sentence that reflects the enormity of what she's done to her own child - though she could never get long enough for my liking #GettingAwayWithMurder

Have a nagging feeling we’re ganna be very disappointed with Sarah’s fingers crossed the judge has seen through the crap and the consequences of not taking the stand ( as pointed out) to defend your are reflected

I thought they may have come clean in the weeks leading up to the sentancing. I hope the judge gives out the harsher end of the stick for them both.

No point in either of them doing this ( sadly ). He might get a small sentence reduction - but nowhere near enough to make it worth his while to admit guilt.
She would lose her mother of the year image with her mates, so absolutely no way she is going to say anything.

I don't think there is any chance of them admitting anything while there is still a chance there other kids might believe they are innocent.

I think the only thing that will get the mum to spill at least is the same thing that got her into it and that’s the fear of losing those kids.

They need to stand up and say we believe what is said and your either honest or you lose us all.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova
Back