GUILTY UK - Bethany Fields, 21, dies, University Student, West Yorkshire, *suspect in custody* 12 Sep 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
Bethany Fields, 21, died at the scene in Fitzwilliam Street, Huddersfield, on Thursday evening.
upload_2019-9-17_6-43-1.jpeg
Bethany Fields, 21, was described as "the brightest star of them all"

Paul Crowther, 35, who is in custody, was due to appear at Leeds Crown Court but "elected not to attend".

A provisional trial date has been set for March next year. No application for bail was made during the hearing.

Mark McKone, prosecuting, told Judge Rodney Jameson QC: "Mr Crowther is obviously remanded in custody.

"I understand he has elected not to attend court today."

Ms Fields was found on the evening of 12 September.

Mr Crowther, of Elm Way, Birstall, West Yorkshire, is charged with murder and possession of a bladed article.
Student's murder accused does not appear in court

Paul Crowther, 35, who is in custody, was due to appear at Leeds Crown Court but "elected not to attend".

A provisional trial date has been set for March next year. No application for bail was made during the hearing.

Mark McKone, prosecuting, told Judge Rodney Jameson QC: "Mr Crowther is obviously remanded in custody.

[...]

Ms Fields, an environmental geography student at the University of York, was described as "the brightest star of them all" in a tribute released by her family.

Student's murder accused does not appear in court

After hearing that preliminary post mortem findings were consistent with findings at the scene Mr Longstaff said there was "no reason why I can't release the body.

"No need for her body to be retained and I release her body so funeral arrangements can be made by her family."

Mr Longstaff adjourned the inquest which he said may not be resumed dependent on what happens during consequent criminal proceedings.

Tragic Bethany Fields was stabbed 'numerous times', inquest hears

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat Silva
Back