UK - (Christopher Halliwell) Rebecca Godden-Edwards, 21, Swindon, 27 Dec 2002

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hi MellowMelly and :wagon: to Websleuths

I think we are all in agreement on here that he is guilty as charged.

Am expecting a verdict before end of today

[video=twitter;777870792679886848]https://twitter.com/BeebJournalist/status/777870792679886848[/video]

Not sure if this means Jury coming back in, or if Andrew is just tweeting a general update

Andrew Plant ‏@BeebJournalist 5m5 minutes ago

Verdict coming shortly in the Christopher Halliwell trial. He denies the murder of Becky Godden.

ETA ............. several other Journos also tweeting that verdict is expected shortly, so does sound as though this is Jury coming back in.

Good to see you MellowMelly, glad you found us. :welcome:

Ah , there we go

Rupert Evelyn ‏@rupertevelyn 29s29 seconds ago

BREAKING: Christopher Halliwell found Guilty of the murder of Becky Godden. He is now a double murderer having also killed Sian O'Callaghan

Andrew Plant ‏@BeebJournalist 1m1 minute ago

Christopher Halliwell has been found guilty of the murder of Becky Godden

Excellent.

Rupert Evelyn ‏@rupertevelyn
I've never seen a defendant smile possibly even laugh as the jury found them guilty of murder

Evil ****er

Andrew Plant ‏@BeebJournalist 1m1 minute ago

Cheers in public gallery. Becky's mum in tears. Her dad has his head in his hands, weeping.

Yay!!!

Thank you jury, and a massive thanks to Alyce and everyone else for updates and comments.

Unless he's linked to other crimes I hope I never hear of CH again.

Andrew Plant ‏@BeebJournalist 15s16 seconds ago

No reaction at all from Halliwell on that verdict. He's sitting impassively in the dock flanked by three guards.

The right verdict but oh how I despise a system that would allow this piece of **** to prance around, spouting lies, holding Court and making Becky and Sian's family sit through it

Yay!!!

Thank you jury, and a massive thanks to Alyce and everyone else for updates and comments.

Unless he's linked to other crimes I hope I never hear of CH again.

And thanks to you also Legally and everyone who kept us updated - I am so pleased they didnt mess about and just let him know exactly what they thought of his story, with their super fast verdict.
Hope this gives some comfort to Becky's family x

The right verdict but oh how I despise a system that would allow this piece of **** to prance around, spouting lies, holding Court and making Becky and Sian's family sit through it

Me too - it disgusts me. But he has had his bit of holiday and excitement now he can rot in jail for life.

Sentencing on Friday

The Breeze SouthWest ‏@breezesouthwest 46s47 seconds ago

BREAKING: Christopher #Halliwell will be sentenced for the murder of Becky Godden on Friday morning

Rupert Evelyn ‏@rupertevelyn 52s53 seconds ago

Judge is considering a "whole life sentence" for Christopher Halliwell

Andrew Plant ‏@BeebJournalist 15s16 seconds ago

No reaction at all from Halliwell on that verdict. He's sitting impassively in the dock flanked by three guards.

You missed something, Andrew.

Jon Kay @jonkay01
Christopher Halliwell grinned and then laughed as the guilty verdict returned. Becky's family cheered in public gallery. Parents in tears.
3:21 PM - 19 Sep 2016

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-england-bristol-37391457

Thanks to u all for the welcome 🖐, I think he has just been found guilty?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia
Back