UK - (Christopher Halliwell) Rebecca Godden-Edwards, 21, Swindon, 27 Dec 2002

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's just a few days out for him, and some entertainment.

Prosecution putting to Halliwell that it would make "an enormous difference" if he is convicted of a second murder. "What murder?" He says.

Prosecution: "you murdered Rebecca Godden didn't you?". Halliwell: "no I didn't".

Prosecution says Halliwell likes being "the centre of attention...you like being in the newspapers". Halliwell: "this is my worst nightmare"

Halliwell says he is normally a "quiet" person. Prosecution replies: "unless you're murdering young women"

http://news.sky.com/story/live-christopher-halliwell-on-trial-for-murdering-becky-godden-10577527

Prosecution gives Halliwell a second opportunity to name the drug dealers. "No chance of that", Halliwell replies.

Prosecution says the dealer story is "complete fabrication"...suggests Halliwell was sat in his cell "thinking how can I get out of this?"

Prosecution: "do you ever think about Becky's family?". Halliwell: "yeah...probably every hour of the day, yes"

Prosecution says to Halliwell he's putting the family through the "agony of a trial when you know very well you are guilty...

...it's a last throw of the dice to avoid a whole life term".

http://news.sky.com/story/live-christopher-halliwell-on-trial-for-murdering-becky-godden-10577527

Rupert Evelyn‏ @rupertevelyn

Prosecution dispute Halliwell's claim that he's a quiet person by reminding him he admitted to murdering Sian O'Callaghan

"I don't know how she died. Was she murdered?" says Christoper Halliwell who adds "is there conclusive proof, there isn't is there"

Prosecution dispute Halliwell's claim that he's a quiet person by reminding him he admitted to murdering Sian O'Callaghan

"I don't know how she died. Was she murdered?" says Christoper Halliwell who adds "is there conclusive proof, there isn't is there"

Her head was missing. Of course she was murdered.

Halliwell disputes evidence of a prostitute who says she had sex with him.. he says "not his type"

Thanks for keeping us abreast Alyce, wonder if he'll be asked about the buried clothes police found which contained Sian O'Callaghan's boots, how I hope that there was something there linked to Becky Godden.

Thanks for keeping us abreast Alyce, wonder if he'll be asked about the buried clothes police found which contained Sian O'Callaghan's boots, how I hope that there was something there linked to Becky Godden.

Surely if that had been so, it would have been part of the prosecution case.

Just snipped this from a Mirror article

I dont really think a couple of experienced drug dealers are going to be calling up their local taxi service to help them in disposal of a body !

He claimed the men rang him in March 2003 and said “something had gone wrong and they needed to get rid of something”.

“I knew the area outside of Swindon and they asked did I know of anywhere they could get rid of something for a while,” he said.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/becky-godden-murder-trial-told-8835802

Has the prosecution rested?

Yes I believe they have. I found it a bit muddled yesterday but I think it is because Halliwell is conducting his own defence - so he is acting as his own counsel, but is also under cross examination from the Pros. Some of the questioning yesterday seemed to be repeating what had been covered during the Prosecution case.

A few links for today

Andrew Plant ‏@BeebJournalist 47m47 minutes ago

Christopher Halliwell will be back in court soon, being cross-examined. He denies murdering Becky Godden. I'll tweet live from court.

Lisa Dowd Sky News Verified account
‏@LisaSkyNews

Hi- I'm live tweeting from the Becky Godden trial in Bristol today- visit http://news.sky.com or the sky news app for the latest.

Andrew Plant ‏@BeebJournalist 5m5 minutes ago

Christopher Halliwell is being led to the witness box. He's in a blue shirt, sleeves rolled up. Police on doors and flanked by security.

This is day 2 of his evidence. Prosecution will continue asking him questions now.

Prosecution asking him about arrest for Sian O'Callaghan kidnap. Yesterday Halliwell told court 'finding Sian's body most important thing.'

Andrew Plant ‏@BeebJournalist 3m3 minutes ago

Pros: you thought you'd get away with Sian's murder didn't you? CH: no I knew I'd get arrested at some point.

Pros: you've been very careful not to say a word about Sian's murder. You went cruising on 19/3/11 looking for a victim didn't you? You ...

... turned off your taxi GPS didn't you? You were looking for a victim. CH: I was looking for customers. Pros: with a knife in car?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Garc
Back