BGSAKbsCEAAG_1d.jpg
ciaron-nuttall.jpg
1676990.jpg

• Age at disappearance: 19
  • Missing Since: 05-Mar-2011
  • Missing from: Oldham, Greater Manchester
  • Reference No: 11-000609

Help us find Ciaron Nuttall

Ciaron Nuttall was 19yrs old when he went missing on 5 March 2011 from Royton, Greater Manchester. He was last seen speaking to a friend on Cardigan Street, wearing a grey beanie hat, brown hooded leather jacket, jeans and shiny silver military style boots. He is 5ft 9in of slim build with brown hair and brown eyes. Ciaron has both ears pierced, a distinctive tattoo on his right hand and an Egyptian head tattoo on his chest with the word ‘Mum’ underneath.

His phone was last used at 10:00hrs but was picked up on the network until 13 March. He left without any money and his phone, bank account or social media networks have not been accessed since. Ciaron used to be a barman in the Railway Pub in Royton and was well known locally. He has links to Oldham, Rochdale and Wigan.

Caroline Lyons

Last edited:
Ciaron Nuttall was 18 years old when he went missing from his home in Royton, Greater Manchester on 5th March 2011. Ciaron had a typical family life with his mother and brother but suffered tragedy early in life when his sister passed away at just 6 months old.

Ciaron had joined the army at 16 but after meeting his girlfriend, Stephanie he ended up leaving the army shortly after to move in with her and her mother in Manchester. He proposed to Stephanie a year later and the relationship was passionate but often included blazing rows. Ciaron and Stephanie ultimately split after cheating claims and Ciaron moved back into his family home.

Ciaron lived in the house with his mother, Ann-Marie and his brother Tommy. On the day he went missing Ciaron returned to the house before heading to his mothers room to ask for some money. Anne-Marie didn’t have any money on her and this ended in a mother-son argument which Tommy states was not unusual or particularly serious. The argument ended when Ciaron ran down the stairs and slammed the door behind him. He was apparently going to meet a friend but there is no confirmation of whether this was planned or happened.

Since leaving the house it was expected that Ciaron has left to blow off some steam or stay with a friend. When he didn’t return his mother reported him missing 5 days after he left the house. Since he left it was discovered his bank accounts, phone and social media have not been used.

In the Summer of 2011 police believed Ciaron to be alive and in the Bacup area of Lancashire which is around 12 miles from his family home. Despite no further leads it was assumed that Ciaron was still alive and avoiding detection. Tommy and Anne-Marie campaigned hard to raise awareness for Tommy and appeared in numerous newspaper articles and completed a number of radio interviews, each time stating they believed he was still out there and begging him to return home.

Prior to his disappearance Ciaron used to visit his grandparents regularly, when his grandmother died his family hoped that he would return home however this wasn’t the case. Further tragedy struck when Anne-Marie became ill and Tommy in turn became a full time care-giver for her. Both continued to campaign to find Ciaron but unfortunately Anne-Marie passed away from ‘moderately, excessive’ levels of prescription medication in her blood shortly before the 5 year anniversary of Ciaron going missing. Despite the tragedy this also brought new hope to Tommy that Ciaron may return home to pay his respects and attend his mothers funeral. Unfortunately Ciaron did not return and this lead Tommy to finally believe that perhaps Ciaron is no longer alive. Tommy still endeavored to keep looking for his brother however he unfortunately passed away on pneumonia just 17 months after his mother. He was only in his mid twenties.

53043040_10157016209257456_4408693902534508544_n.jpg

FB Page made for Ciaron - Search 4 Ciaron Nuttall please help...!!

7 April 2011
Search stepped up for missing Oldham teenager

Concern is growing for a teenager from Oldham who went missing more than a month ago.

Ciaron Nuttall, 19, was last seen on Cardigan Street, Royton, on 5 March.
---
Officers from the major incident team were in Royton on Thursday delivering leaflets to local residents appealing for information.

Mr Nuttall is white, 5ft 9in (1.7m) and slim with short brown hair.
The former barman at the Railway Pub in Royton was well known locally, police said.
He has links to Oldham and Rochdale and family members in Wigan.

Police said Mr Nuttall had been with a friend at 1000 GMT on 5 March.

Search is stepped up for teenager

8th June 2011
Missing teenager may be in Bacup

Following information received from the public that Ciaron may be living in Bacup, police will be distributing posters in the area in the hope of finding him.

Missing teenager may be in Bacup

8 MAR 2012
Mum’s plea to missing son Ciaron Nuttall to come home

Twelve months after he vanished without a trace a Royton teenager is still missing.

Ciaron Nuttall stormed out to see a friend after a family row on March 5 last year and has never been seen since.

His desperate family have made several public appeals begging him to return and have now renewed their appeal on the first anniversary of his disappearance.
---
Ciaron was last seen on Cardigan Street, in Royton, at 10am and used his phone for the final time three hours later. His bank account and Facebook page have not been accessed since.

Over the past year there have not been any positive sightings of the former St Cuthbert’s pupil and he failed to turn up after the death of his gran last July. She was very close to Ciaron and it really broke her heart.

Mum’s plea to missing son Ciaron Nuttall to come home

26 OCT 2014
Missing people: Help reunite Ciaron Nuttall with his family, four years after he vanished

CS49001024.jpg

Ciaron, who would now be 24, was last seen four years ago on Cardigan Street in Royton, near his mum’s home.
---
When last seen Ciaron was wearing a brown hooded jacket, navy blue jeans and silver boots.

He is 5ft 9ins tall, of slim build, with short brown hair and has a tattoo on his right hand.

Missing people: Help reunite Ciaron Nuttall with his family, four years after he vanished

7 MAR 2016
Brother of man missing for five years appeals for him to return after their mum dies suddenly

The family of a missing man have made an emotional plea for him to return home following the death of his mother.

Ann-Marie Walls, 45, died just a week before the fifth anniversary of her son Ciaron Nuttall’s disappearance. Relatives hope that Ciaron, who would now be 23, will come home in time for her funeral.

Ciaron’s older brother, Tommy, 26, said: “It’s just so sad that they never got to see each other one last time. “Mum never stopped looking. She’s never been the same person since. “I used to hope that he would come home and she’d feel better.

“Not a day went by that she didn’t miss him or talk about him.

“I need him more than ever now. “He just needs to come and say goodbye.”

Mrs Walls was found by Tommy in their Royton home on February 28.

Brother of man missing for five years appeals for him to return after their mum dies suddenly

23rd February 2017

38180785_10160543115965462_4060309958191742976_n.jpg

Stephanie, now 24, said: “Watching Corrie’s girlfriend on TV takes me back to the agonising early days after Ciaron’s disappearance in March 2011.

“I felt shock, bewilderment and disbelief that somebody so young and vibrant could vanish without a trace.”

Stephanie was just 16 when she met Ciaron, a soldier in the army.
---
The pair were head over heels for each other and, after only a few months together, Ciaron left the army and moved in with Steph at her mum’s house in Manchester.

After a year together, Ciaron proposed to an overjoyed Stephanie.
Although the pair were madly in love, Steph openly admits that their relationship was often fraught with rows.

One day, Stephanie found texts to another woman on Ciaron’s phone, who swore that they were innocent. Distraught and young and in love, Stephanie decided to get her own back. She said: “I wanted to hurt him. We broke up and I started seeing someone else.

“When I met Ciaron to pick up some stuff I’d left at his house, we kissed. “It seemed like nothing could keep us apart. “Afterwards he called and said, ‘We’re meant to be together. I’ll never leave you, Steph.’

“Thinking we had all the time in the world, I refused to get back with him.”
---
But just weeks later, Stephanie found out that Ciaron had gone missing.
---
Last year, just shy of the fifth anniversary of Ciaron’s disappearance, his mum died – a moment which made Stephanie wonder if he was still alive.

She said: “Until then, I’d always believed he was alive – but I knew he’d never miss his mum’s funeral.”

Woman reveals soldier fiancé went missing 6 years ago just like Corrie McKeague

Last edited:
09 August 2017
Tragic twist of fate in hunt for lost son

A MAN who vowed to never stop looking for his lost brother has sadly died just over 17 months after his mother passed away.

The Chronicle understands that Tommy Nuttall, from Royton, who was found dead at his home on Monday, had suffered from pneumonia.

Tributes were paid to the devoted brother, who after the death of his mother, Ann-Marie Walls, on February 28, 2016, pledged to continue her search for her son, Ciaron Nuttall, who went missing in 2011.

Tragic twist of fate in hunt for lost son

Unfortunately this is yet another case where the public info reads like a real mystery.....yet once the whole story is visible the enigma becomes much easier to understand.

I am not sure whether it really does anyone any favours to just release little bits of information to the public. With some of the LE policies around missing people....its little wonder that we have so many of them

Unfortunately this is yet another case where the public info reads like a real mystery.....yet once the whole story is visible the enigma becomes much easier to understand.

I am not sure whether it really does anyone any favours to just release little bits of information to the public. With some of the LE policies around missing people....its little wonder that we have so many of them

Yes the whole story does sound like a tragic mystery.. but as always IAM sure there is much more info.. really wish they would release it.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rachael529
Back