UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for posting the camera position. I saw the alcove online but if the camera is as per ur green annotation how can they know so definitively if he was sleeping?

snipped images for thread's sake
I guess he could have sat/lay parallel with pavement back to the grapes and feet towards greenwoods cam ? He would be well in view then.

Hermit made a fab post in the final few pages of thread 12.

It was about assessing types of drunk (Corrie=happy drunk) and body language in the two CCTVs.

I would like to 1) agree with everything said, and 2)add a few more points to it.

In addition to being a 'happy drunk' Corrie hugged two people that night. First was the doorman on flex, who has said that when Corrie arrived at the club he was asked if he was drunk, said "yes, I love you" and hugged the doorman. (I hope that's a reasonably accurate description of what was said).

The second hug was USAF guy in the pizza shop. When they said goodbye, he has also said that Corrie gave him a hug.

So Corrie wasn't just a happy drunk, he was a happy, very friendly, chatty, huggy drunk! And he also liked to do some singing/performing/karaoke type stuff (got up on the stage and sang a song with the singer/guitar guy).

Then Hermit has discussed Corrie's body language in the first CCTV. I'm going to have to paraphrase more here, but as Corrie's turned the corner and the men on the corner outside the grapes are sort of in his way, Corrie's line wobbles a bit, he drops something and bends down to pick it up, and Hermit suggested maybe that's why Corrie decided it's time to sit down and eat his chips. (I have suggested in another post that Corrie may have eaten half his food while he was sitting outside the pizza place chatting with USAF guy, but everyone seems to be in agreement that Corrie's still carrying at least a tray of chips?)

So Corrie's sat down in Hughes doorway to eat his chips...and he's had a lot to drink, a full belly, and he's dozed off.

What is out of character here? Nothing. Everyone who's spoken has said this is all entirely in character for Corrie.

So, I would like to kind of challenge the assumptions that this night was different from any other. In the Q&A Nicola said that though the guys did leave Corrie behind accidentally, when they got to BSE and alighted from the cars they did notice Corrie wasn't with them, so they gave him a call and invited/told him to come and join them. Was Corrie really Friendless Freddy who didn't get on with the rest of the team and they didn't really want him around? If that was the case they didn't have to call him, but they did. The puppy seems to be evidence that the other guys in quarters were quite happy that Corrie had a puppy there (even though Nicola says he wasn't really supposed to have a puppy in his room).

So, again, I would like to challenge/play Devil's Advocate with some of the assumptions that Corrie had no friends, he was depressed to the point of possibly wanting to end it all, or at least enough to go AWOL from his job, his friends of 3-years at Honington, his work hard, play hard 'lifestyle' in the RAF, his brothers, his mum and stepdad, his dad and stepmum and paternal grandparents. Corrie had spent 40 minutes on the phone to one brother that night planning Darroch's visit to BSE the following weekend. Corrie had already got a plane ticket to go visit his grandparents for Halloween.

I don't believe anything happened that night that made Corrie want to run away from everything he had, all his family plus everything he'd worked for for three years. I don't see anything in his behaviour that night to indicate that something has happened recently to make him feel that way and that this drunken night is actually part of his AWOL plan.

Furthermore, and I probably shouldn't tack it on here, but I will.

Corrie didn't pull that night. Corrie's drunk and wobbly, he's past the point of getting off with anyone. When he wakes in the doorway at 3.08 he's not thinking of a hook-up with a stranger...he's still got alcohol in his system, he's eaten two burgers, a kebab, a slice of pizza, a tray of chips. It's gone 3 in the morning and he's feeling the drink and the food and a bit of a chill in the night air. His bum is cold from sitting/laying in the doorway. I don't believe he's looking for a stranger hook-up via an app. His GPS is turned off on his phone, so no one on the other end of one of those apps can see that Corrie is in proximity.

Given all of this, yes Corrie probably went into the horseshoe for a pee. His car is still in town, he is 'probably' wondering what to do for a few hours until he can drive the car back to base. He could be thinking of knocking on a friend's door in town and sleeping on their sofa. Could be another option in his intentions, but I doubt it was to walk back to base, hook-up via an app, commit suicide, or go go AWOL. I think the thing is, what is left (what are his intentions) and what intersects with those intentions to lead to not being seen again for 3 months....

I'm not trying to bash anyone's ideas, but things still seem all over the place in these threads, and we sometimes seem to forget where we've been before, and I think that from the behavioural analysis side, that this is a reasonable wrap-up of what we have learned and can ascertain from what we've seen and been told about Corrie as a person and that night in BSE.

And I just want to put these thoughts, not to change minds, but maybe as part of pulling some things together for some of us, and for further debate and discussion...add to what I've said, challenge me back, whatever.
yes im in agreement. i still feel that people are not looking at the annoying part of corrie? i do not think awol and i do not think a hook up or random stranger attack. i have known plenty guys like corrie. i used to do the pub and club scene a lot so have met all types ( i worked in oil related industry and plenty guys with money and not a lot of brains when drinking). these are the ones who get randomly beaten up - often by people who know them - often drunk too. they just get sick fed up of them always playing up playing around mocking making fun being stupid - whatever description you feel like putting on it - is seen as immacute behaviour and other arrogant drunks often decide to put them on their *advertiser censored*. one of these guys i knew - we called him "nearly norman" - possibly sometimes interpreted as " not normal norman" - he was 27 - had a great job wasnt bad looking - owned his own home - but what a frigging nuisance when he was drunk! he would expect you to dance with him even when a crap tune was on and nobody else was dancing - he would drink faster than anyone else and yell out who had to get the next round - he would pat womens bums ( back when it was not so politically incorrect) he would get invited to a party and then fall thru the stereo - he would spill crinks - lots of stuff - he got a few smacks around the head and then next week all friends again and off it would go again - this is how i imagine corrie with our without some of the bits ive said about poor nearly norman

If you watch the CCTV video again you can clearly see a bulge in his back pocket which I assume is his wallet or phone or both, I'd lean more towards it being his wallet from how fat it is.
d7ec7e37c35b88cd99342e354b876443.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Notice how far Corrie has walked into Short Brackland, he is almost off the path and onto the road, that is a long way past the bins and bike rack and more in line with that flippin door!

Yes, do you know which shop the footage could be from?

I just edited my post Ruth -on the previous page - I can't see how it is Hughes due to the pillars doorway.

ETA and Guruagain has just answered your query above.

I might have missed this, but are we sure GPS was turned off? The "find my phone" (Microsoft equivalent) was turned off but that is not the same thing as allowing apps to use your GPS (that's certainly the case with iPhones - does anybody have a Lumia to check?).
- dont quote me here! didnt nicola say somewhere that gps was turned off ? meaning those services requiring you to reveal your location would not work? That is grndr and tinder? if gps had been on would that not give absolute precise location? im sure it does on my childrens phones? i can tell exactly where they have been. even to the house? or

Ref the keys and wallet:

Corrie has been living away from home for 3 years. Yes, he's been back to Scotland and family have visted him, but I doubt anyone pays that much attention to keys and wallet. At that stage in my career my family knew what car i drove and that I carried cash and cards. They wouldn't have been able to describe anything.
My son is married and has lived away from home for the last ten years but I could describe his car keys and wallet (when he gets it out!).

- dont quote me here! didnt nicola say somewhere that gps was turned off ? meaning those services requiring you to reveal your location would not work? That is grndr and tinder? if gps had been on would that not give absolute precise location? im sure yt does on my childrens phones? i can tell exactly where they have been. even to the house? or

Can you do this from an app or PC or do you need their phone to see where they have been? I still don't know how N knows GPS was off without having the phone?

I just edited my post Ruth -on the previous page - I can't see how it is Hughes due to the pillars doorway.

Camera is in the cornhill shopping centre opposite macdonalds. Most of the photos are from that one. It's approx 30 metres away from the centre of the horseshoe but the camera can't see or zoom to the horseshoe. It's attached to the front of a shop on the left hand side as you walk into the shopping centre.

Can you do this from an app or PC or do you need their phone to see where they have been? I still don't know how N knows GPS was off without having the phone?

Without having the device there are too many variables to be able to say the gps was off. They could have had a password to access the lost phone type feature, that could say it was off, but that would have no relevance to each app accessing gps on an individual basis.

I'd imagine the answer N gave was a very top level, no detail as it they can't track/trace it via gps.

Notice how far Corrie has walked into Short Brackland, he is almost off the path and onto the road, that is a long way past the bins and bike rack and more in line with that flippin door!

You're talking about 8ft from the level of the bike rack and practically level with the bins. Not that significant really

Mod Note

The Find Corrie Facebook page is OFF LIMITS.

Websleuths is a fact-based forum. We do not permit rumors or gossip.

Comments and posts on on SM by anyone other than MSM or LE are not allowed, as they are considered rumor. Anything you may have "heard" is also considered rumor. If you can't provide a link for your source, you can't post it.

Posts have been removed.

It is each member's responsibility to become familiar with and post in accordance with The Rules, as well as all mod and admin rulings on page 1 of this thread.

Further violations will result in a loss of posting privileges.

I have a Lumia work mobile! It's not a 435 but I can empty out the glory hole under the stairs to find the box with the model number on if necessary?!
I'm not very technical but can help if you have any questions...
There's a 'find my phone' feature with a sliding on/off button. Mine is set to on but the phone must come like this as I've never looked for it before now!

hum ho! i have no idea! when my children are out - i can log in on the computer and see where they have been and read all their texts. i might add that i do not do this now as my children are now above the age for being checked up on. however with my youngest (22) i have her log in details, so that if missing, i can find out exactly where her phone has been and where it is currently located. i am sure nicola said she could easily do all these things as it is her phone she pays for??? something along those lines. the fact that they have corries facebook tinder whatsap <modsnip> accounts means they have cracked his passwords or perhaps got access via his laptop in the room that is no doubt got auto log in to these things? its not hard even for me is absolutely useless modern techie. i am seriously thick - my skills lie else where lol

yes im in agreement. i still feel that people are not looking at the annoying part of corrie? i do not think awol and i do not think a hook up or random stranger attack. i have known plenty guys like corrie. i used to do the pub and club scene a lot so have met all types ( i worked in oil related industry and plenty guys with money and not a lot of brains when drinking). these are the ones who get randomly beaten up - often by people who know them - often drunk too. they just get sick fed up of them always playing up playing around mocking making fun being stupid - whatever description you feel like putting on it - is seen as immacute behaviour and other arrogant drunks often decide to put them on their *advertiser censored*. one of these guys i knew - we called him "nearly norman" - possibly sometimes interpreted as " not normal norman" - he was 27 - had a great job wasnt bad looking - owned his own home - but what a frigging nuisance when he was drunk! he would expect you to dance with him even when a crap tune was on and nobody else was dancing - he would drink faster than anyone else and yell out who had to get the next round - he would pat womens bums ( back when it was not so politically incorrect) he would get invited to a party and then fall thru the stereo - he would spill crinks - lots of stuff - he got a few smacks around the head and then next week all friends again and off it would go again - this is how i imagine corrie with our without some of the bits ive said about poor nearly norman
He sounds like a barrel of laughs. But I know what you mean. Its a bit like being the designated driver for a load of drunk people - not funny at all.

Social Media / App evaluation

The Police and other agencies are assisting with cellular mast interrogation and social media/app evaluation.

To answer some specific questions that have been asked a lot in this regard:

Yes Corrie is a member of Tinder, Plenty of fish, Instagram and a number of other apps.

No, he is not a member of Grindr – Corrie is not gay.

Barton Mills is a known Dogging and Swingers site, however It is also close to the refuse site where the bin Lorry was headed. It should also be noted that Triangulation to the cellular mast where Corrie’s phone pinged on the Saturday morning (as with any mast) just means the phone was within broadcast radius – this can be hundreds of metres or even kilometres. Hence the uncertainty of where exactly it was and why people should still be vigilant for the phone in the surrounding area.
http://www.findcorrie.co.uk/2016/11/06/social-media-6th-november-update/

Folks, please stop suggesting the opposite of any of what is in bold above.

No more warnings.

I have a Lumia work mobile! It's not a 435 but I can empty out the glory hole under the stairs to find the box with the model number on if necessary?!
I'm not very technical but can help if you have any questions...
There's a 'find my phone' feature with a sliding on/off button. Mine is set to on but the phone must come like this as I've never looked for it before now!

Hi Pooks

it was in relation to a post that tim04 made a couple of pages back, and Dc4,
tim04 had said:
I might have missed this, but are we sure GPS was turned off? The "find my phone" (Microsoft equivalent) was turned off but that is not the same thing as allowing apps to use your GPS (that's certainly the case with iPhones - does anybody have a Lumia to check?).
and anniesloop replied, i just chipped in with the model number.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?325961-UK-Corrie-McKeague-23-Bury-St-Edmunds-24-September-2016-13&p=13045161#post13045161

another http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?325961-UK-Corrie-McKeague-23-Bury-St-Edmunds-24-September-2016-13&p=13045109#post13045109

This is answered on the find corrie website that it was a stumble over uneven ground. The FAQs have been be edited and I read this was known because the family had seen it on cctv.

No pursuit, no jogging, esp with his hands in his pockets...

This is what I find strange, they said he wasn't running but if you want him the horseshoe CCTV and watch the very bottom left corner you see him clearly jogging/running with his hands in his pockets. I've watched it over and over and you can see his body bouncing, there's no way you can mistake it unless he is body popping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member