UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers Cottonweaver, I meant to update the map but have been so busy at work I forgot! Working on updating it now :findinglink:

That's been so useful PPixii when you're new to a case hence keep bumping it up for others here. (116 browsing right now. ) I was finding myself getting side tracked by Google street view, as nice as BSE is. I only alerted to timing cause I thought it might generate a kerfuffle on this thread, without that caveat!

Yes, but it caused confusion when they zoomed out from a recycling centre sign when we now know it was only the other collection point for the bin lorry.

That sign pointed to an area full of general recycling bins that used to sit in the car park but were removed when the supermarket was built. Sign was never removed though!

Him wetting himself, crying, being indecent, tarnishing his image...

If his last text/photo was sent at 03:08 then he must have still had his phone at that point after he woke up. I see what you mean now, about not releasing to not tarnish his image. I know he is portrayed as a very happy young man, I don't suppose some of the footage shows a diifferent light (crying/depressed etc)?

If he's canny enough to turn off GPS to save his battery then do we really think he will have auto update on, or even without WiFi?
Are we saying that this phone was constantly updating the whole time he was in Bury? Or at least at some point between 0324 and 430?

I am 100% sure that the only reason he would switch off the GPS on a phone is to save his data... gps constantly runs on your phone, using your phones data 24/7, if he only gets say 1gb a month he would need to keep his gps off or he would run out before the monthly roll over

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If he's canny enough to turn off GPS to save his battery then do we really think he will have auto update on, or even without WiFi?
Are we saying that this phone was constantly updating the whole time he was in Bury? Or at least at some point between 0324 and 430?

Police have stated that his phone was tracked by App updates.
Are you saying (suggesting) that the update facility has been turned on purposefully to facilitate misadventure?
JMO

The last message sent from his phone, was it a photograph he took in the shop doorway?

So that leaves 1 hour 12 minutes where the phone could be put in to another Biffa bin; collected by the same wagon. Hence the question about earlier collections. The reason I ask is that there is another Greggs.... On Abbeygate Street and their bins are collected from Higher Baxter Street. A route I think he took.

The clincher for me is that it's been stated recently by the authorities (N? no link sorry), that Corrie's phone moved from BSE to within one and a half minutes of the bin lorry arriving, towards BM roundabout.
This has been my fairly accurate suggestion all along (weeks?). I just needed a constant. The bin lorry/phone link was the constant I needed to finish the equation. It's that simple. We now know the movement timings of Corrie's phone. Whether he was with it or not is another matter and for later study/discussion.
Stay focused on this phone movement peeps....it's the key to past and future intentions I think!
JMO

I am 100% sure that the only reason he would switch off the GPS on a phone is to save his data... gps constantly runs on your phone, using your phones data 24/7, if he only gets say 1gb a month he would need to keep his gps off or he would run out before the monthly roll over

Not entirely sure that is correct.

I'm saying this is a guy who is data conscious. Sits in a doorway to pick up WiFi and turns GPS off.
Why then would he have auto update turned on. The auto update is the only way they could track an updating app.
My opinion is that they lost him at 0324 the minute he left Hughes.
This gives up to 86 minutes for his phone to potentially arrive in BM.
Now if the phone was on then it would "goodbye ping" the BSE mast, however if it was turned off and only turned on again at 0450, when inside the BM mast area then we can now factor in the potential that the phone and maybe C were not in the bin lorry at all, but were in a moving vehicle....

Has anybody ever turned a phone off to conserve Battery?

Police have stated that his phone was tracked by App updates.
Are you saying (suggesting) that the update facility has been turned on purposefully to facilitate misadventure?
JMO

I'm more than happy that the phone went in the bin wagon, what I'm suggesting is that it wasn't via HS bin.

The clincher for me is that it's been stated recently by the authorities (N? no link sorry), that Corrie's phone moved from BSE to within one and a half minutes of the bin lorry arriving, towards BM roundabout.
This has been my fairly accurate suggestion all along (weeks?). I just needed a constant. The bin lorry/phone link was the constant I needed to finish the equation. It's that simple. We now know the movement timings of Corrie's phone. Whether he was with it or not is another matter and for later study/discussion.
Stay focused on this phone movement peeps....it's the key to past and future intentions I think!
JMO

Not entirely sure that is correct.

If he had his gps off (I do this) it would save his data allowance.
If he turned his data off none of his apps would work - not even whatsapp.

Plus, I don't like the idea that these apps know where you are all the time, for example, I have trip advisor as an app on my phone, I walk into my local bar and it sends me a notification about the bar I'm in... too close for comfort lol

The last message sent from his phone, was it a photograph he took in the shop doorway?
If you are particularly interested in this topic then I suggest you read the previous threads on this. It keeps cropping up despite being discussed previously. Nothing untoward has been reported about this - questions have been raised as to why cctv hasn't been released. I believe thst prople sre reading too much into this and making up things along the way. It seems that even Nicola hasn't viewed this yet either, so there is no discussion to be had really.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

If the collection route was a Greggs contract then the wagon must have collected from the other branch (bins on Higher Baxter). From here the wagon could easily access HS and then drive on, seeing the teenagers.

I don't think the GPS function for apps was turned off, but as previously discussed the "find my phone" feature may well have been (or more likely was never on). Without the phone I'm not sure how you could determine whether the GPS/location services were on or off. I don't think Corrie would turn off GPS to save data, if he did (which I don't) it would be more likely to conserve battery or the phone entered low power mode as GPS chews up battery power.

If you are particularly interested in this topic then I suggest you read the previous threads on this. It keeps cropping up despite being discussed previously. Nothing untoward has been reported about this - questions have been raised as to why cctv hasn't been released. I believe thst prople sre reading too much into this and making up things along the way. It seems that even Nicola hasn't viewed this yet either, so there is no discussion to be had really.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Sorry

N confirmed GPS was off.

I don't think the GPS function for apps was turned off, but as previously discussed the "find my phone" feature may well have been (or more likely was never on). Without the phone I'm not sure how you could determine whether the GPS/location services were on or off. I don't think Corrie would turn off GPS to save data, if he did (which I don't) it would be more likely to conserve battery or the phone entered low power mode as GPS chews up battery power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow