UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #23

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just going back to that taxi driver lead, I am guessing the only thing they could get from that is the taxi drivers memory at this stage right? And even that was two years ago and he’s probably picked up millions of fares since.

I’m not too sure how private taxi companies work, I know if you use a regular one they would save your number but if your just a random fare they would likely ask your name and address (or in this case it was a non address so the person/presumed Corrie would have given a street/area) they would give the taxi driver the mobile to call if they can’t find them but I doubt the driver would save that number. So it’s a lead that should have been jumped on sooner because I doubt they would still have it on record? So not sure how useful that lead is now so far on? Then again they could save all mobiles on a database maybe?

The last time I went to my local one after leaving my keys in a taxi I went in and it was just a guy noting things down on a pad so who knows?

Like any other case I try to look for the positives with hope but plan for the worst. Like another case on WS,

I am hoping best case scenario CM has quite simply gone AWOL to enable him to start all over again. Clean start, new surroundings, no history. Some people need to do this for what ever personal reason and are quite selfish in how they go about getting the new start.

Sometimes they do it at the expense of the emotional impact on family and friends.

Sometimes they do it to be away from family or friends.

We will never know someones motives truly, how they think or the personal pressures they have that make them make such a decision.

I have said it on another case in WS if i wanted to disappear in this day and age. The last thing I would take with me is any sort of mobile or GPS device capable of revealing / showing my location.

Just a different take on things

KR
Reacher

Just going back to that taxi driver lead, I am guessing the only thing they could get from that is the taxi drivers memory at this stage right? And even that was two years ago and he’s probably picked up millions of fares since.

I’m not too sure how private taxi companies work, I know if you use a regular one they would save your number but if your just a random fare they would likely ask your name and address (or in this case it was a non address so the person/presumed Corrie would have given a street/area) they would give the taxi driver the mobile to call if they can’t find them but I doubt the driver would save that number. So it’s a lead that should have been jumped on sooner because I doubt they would still have it on record? So not sure how useful that lead is now so far on? Then again they could save all mobiles on a database maybe?

The last time I went to my local one after leaving my keys in a taxi I went in and it was just a guy noting things down on a pad so who knows?

But if C had phoned for a taxi, it would have shown on his call records. An app couldn't have been traced.

But if C had phoned for a taxi, it would have shown on his call records. An app couldn't have been traced.

Oh yeah you’re right. I hadn’t thought that through at all lol.

Or he still could have been picked up in the street, hence why it was described as a non address pick up. Private taxis will still do that if you ask them and they don’t have a planned fare. I’ve been cheeky and done that many times lol

I am hoping best case scenario CM has quite simply gone AWOL to enable him to start all over again. Clean start, new surroundings, no history. Some people need to do this for what ever personal reason and are quite selfish in how they go about getting the new start.

I just don't believe that someone planning to go AWOL would go when he had a skinful of alcohol inside him. He would need to be in control of himself, and he clearly wasn't.

I just don't believe that someone planning to go AWOL would go when he had a skinful of alcohol inside him. He would need to be in control of himself, and he clearly wasn't.

Who actually said he had , had a skinful?

Last edited by a moderator:
He is clearly unsteady on the CCTV clip where he staggers through a group of people who have to step out of his way. NU, who has seen all the CCTV from when he was in the Hughes doorway, has said that he dropped to the ground suddenly, so it sounds as though he passed out. Then when he woke up, he staggered around in a disorientated manner for 20 minutes. That doesn't sound like the behaviour of a sober person. If you dispute that he was drunk, then perhaps drugs might be considered. Either way, he was not in control of himself.

He is clearly unsteady on the CCTV clip where he staggers through a group of people who have to step out of his way. NU, who has seen all the CCTV from when he was in the Hughes doorway, has said that he dropped to the ground suddenly, so it sounds as though he passed out. Then when he woke up, he staggered around in a disorientated manner for 20 minutes. That doesn't sound like the behaviour of a sober person. If you dispute that he was drunk, then perhaps drugs might be considered. Either way, he was not in control of himself.

Just exploring alternative theories. Thanks for the response

KR
Reacher

They'll have spoken to the 'mates' he was out with, and his brother about that phone call when he arrived in town. There was an empty wine bottle in C's car. There was cctv from inside Flex.

They'll have spoken to the 'mates' he was out with, and his brother about that phone call when he arrived in town. There was an empty wine bottle in C's car. There was cctv from inside Flex.

OK I will get back in my box, point taken :-)

KR
Reacher

This keeps changing though, which adds more confusion because since then (recently) Nicola has brought it up again on 2 occasions - she said that the bin man saw someone that "matched Corrie's description" stood in the horseshoe. And now in the latest post she says an eye witness has made a statement to say they saw Corrie stood in the horseshoe while the Biffa was collecting the rubbish. Is this eye witness the lorry driver or a second eye witness?

How can this other male be seen on CCTV in the horseshoe if no CCTV points to the horseshoe? And if he has been identified why has Nicola brought it up again twice recently without confirming this person was not Corrie?

You cant tell me that this other male was dressed like and looked like Corrie?

To clarify this the eye witness/lorry diver should be able to look at the second male and look and Corrie and confirm which one he/they saw

I think that this 2nd person was someone completely different and Corrie was the person that was stood there, and thats why she is raising it again.

I hope that makes sense, I am even confusing myself while writing it!

The family went from calling the area immediately behind the shops the horseshoe, to it being the whole area from the shops to across the road to the second-hand shop. So, when they say someone in the 'horseshoe' on cctv they could be on the Greenwoods camera, or Cornhill Walk. JMO.

'Horseshoe' isn't a term used by locals so there no defining it by area.

The family went from calling the area immediately behind the shops the horseshoe, to it being the whole area from the shops to across the road to the second-hand shop. So, when they say someone in the 'horseshoe' on cctv they could be on the Greenwoods camera, or Cornhill Walk. JMO.

'Horseshoe' isn't a term used by locals so there no defining it by area.

So that doesn't necessarily mean that the person seen in the area that was identified on CCTV (in the Q&A from Dec 2016) is the person the lorry driver and the eye witness have described as Corrie stood in the horseshoe. What I get from that is someone is seen on the CCTV in the area "on his phone" which was not Corrie - but unless the lorry driver and the eye witness have confirmed otherwise then it could be two different people.

I still think the fact both the lorry driver said he saw someone matching Corrie's description in the horseshoe when he arrived and an eye witness says he saw Corrie stood in the horseshoe while Biffa van was there is highly significant to the timings and the fact N has brought this up twice recently again means she believes that it was Corrie that was stood there at 4am. Meaning he never left straight away, but nor was he in the bin.

The lorry driver then says he was gone by the time he left, however he could have just been out of sight.

*modsnip*/fb sleuthing

Last edited by a moderator:
So that doesn't necessarily mean that the person seen in the area that was identified on CCTV (in the Q&A from Dec 2016) is the person the lorry driver and the eye witness have described as Corrie stood in the horseshoe. What I get from that is someone is seen on the CCTV in the area "on his phone" which was not Corrie - but unless the lorry driver and the eye witness have confirmed otherwise then it could be two different people.

I still think the fact both the lorry driver said he saw someone matching Corrie's description in the horseshoe when he arrived and an eye witness says he saw Corrie stood in the horseshoe while Biffa van was there is highly significant to the timings and the fact N has brought this up twice recently again means she believes that it was Corrie that was stood there at 4am. Meaning he never left straight away, but nor was he in the bin.

The lorry driver then says he was gone by the time he left, however he could have just been out of sight.

*modsnip*/fb sleuthing
But would you not just go and ask salsa the search people directly as they must know exactly whats what and what they searched instead of asking the police, after all N raised a lot of money for them,

Last edited:
But would you not just go and ask salsa the search people directly as they must know exactly whats what and what they searched instead of asking the police, after all N raised a lot of money for them,

Did N get salsa involved in the first place or was it the police? Doesn't really matter in this instance, she should be asking them directly where and what was searched.

I find it strange that only one side of the road was searched going towards Honington. Why wouldn't they search the other side so that entire stretch could be struck off as searched.

I suppose it depends on exactly what you mean by a skinful, but we know he had been sitting in his car and drinking that evening while speaking to Darroch on the phone, and we know he was asked to leave one of the nightclubs (Flex?) because he was annoying other customers. We also know he slept in a doorway for a couple of hours. All in all, I'd say the evidence was pretty good that he'd been drinking quite heavily that night.

Did N get salsa involved in the first place or was it the police? Doesn't really matter in this instance, she should be asking them directly where and what was searched.

I find it strange that only one side of the road was searched going towards Honington. Why wouldn't they search the other side so that entire stretch could be struck off as searched.

It's Suffolk Lowland Search and Rescue (SULSAR) and they were first brought in by the police because they have a service level agreement with them. N then used SULSAR for some private searches, endorsed by but not resourced by the police.

I have often wondered if he had his drink spiked. The falling to the ground and going into a deep sleep without moving position resonates the spice drug prevalent here in UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member