Found Deceased UK - Daniel Fraser, 35, last seen at 1.30 am on Musselburgh High Street, 7 Jan 2024, Musselburgh Scotland.

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

StillDiggin

Reaction score
Officers are continuing to appeal for information to help trace missing man Daniel Fraser.

The 35-year-old, from the Drylaw area of Edinburgh, was last seen walking alone in the High Street area of Musselburgh on at around 1.30am on Sunday, 7 January, 2024.

Extensive enquiries are ongoing and the most recent confirmed sighting of Daniel is now in the Goose Green Place area of Musselburgh a short time later on Sunday, 7 January, 2024.

Daniel is described as white, around 5ft 8ins tall, of slim build with short, light-brown hair.

When he was last seen, he was wearing a grey, long-sleeved jumper with a white t-shirt underneath, dark-coloured jeans and black trainers with blue detailing.

Daniel was reported missing on Thursday, 11 January, 2024 after concerns were raised that he had not been in touch with family or friends.

Inspector Craig Sandbach said: "It is unusual for Daniel not to be in touch with anyone and we are concerned about him.

"From our enquiries, we now know the last sighting of Daniel was on his own in the Goose Green Place area of Musselburgh at around 1.35am on Sunday, 7 January, 2024.

"We have significant resources dedicated to this enquiry and we are urging the public to come forward with any information relating to his whereabouts.

"If you were in the area at the time, please think back, did you notice anyone matching his description? I'm particularly keen to speak to any taxi drivers who may have been in the area at the time.

"If anyone has seen Daniel, or has any information as to his present whereabouts, please contact police. I would also urge people who live in the area to check outbuildings and sheds."

Anyone who may have seen him, or who has any information on his whereabouts, is urged to contact 101 quoting incident number 3723 of 11 January.
1705329562118.png

I would have thought a father of two would be reported missing fairly sharpish - lots of family mentioned in this article, but no significant other. I wonder if he's separated etc. and this is why it took a so many days to be reported?

I would have thought a father of two would be reported missing fairly sharpish - lots of family mentioned in this article, but no significant other. I wonder if he's separated etc. and this is why it took a so many days to be reported?
It's always so sad when it's days before it's reported. A wee look on Facebook shows he's loved massively by his family and friends.

Well, this is an interesting turn of events. It is a shame, though, that the article is so vague - there is no indication as to exactly how Daniel is being linked to the other investigation.

Well, this is an interesting turn of events. It is a shame, though, that the article is so vague - there is no indication as to exactly how Daniel is being linked to the other investigation.

Agree that it's a strange turn of events and that the story is too vague.

I also found it odd that in this article and previous ones, LE mentioned people checking sheds and outbuildings. Previously I had kind of associated that with appeals for adults with dementia or similar disabilities. Now I wonder if they said that because they thought he might be hiding (either for his own safety or from LE)? MOO.

A scottish lad named Fraser disappeared? Are we sure time travel was not involved? Sorry that was in poor taste. I hope they find him.

From the Scottish Sun article above

A source said: “After leaving the party Danny was seen on camera by himself on the High Street

“It shows a car waiting a traffic lights flashing it’s headlights. Danny is then seen running away from it.

“He keeps going in the direction of Musselburgh Links golf course and it’s understood he then went over a wee fence with the River Esk immediately on the other side.

“It seems like he was spooked by the car and was worried someone was maybe after him.

“He’d had a good drink and was probably feeling overly paranoid after someone from his local area was killed recently.

“It turns out the guys in the car were just flashing at the traffic lights to try and get them to change to green quicker.”

I think the paranoia would have been very real given what had happened to Marc Webley on NYE.

I don't know what to make of "flashing at traffic lights to make them change quicker" though. Must have been a car full of kids.

If the CCTV shows him hopping a fence by the River it's probably inevitable he fell. Probably no one in their right mind would have jumped in but after a few pints who knows.

I feel very sorry for his family. He has two wee ones.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bill1620
Back