UK - David-Mario Lazar, 5, fatally stabbed, Coventry, Jan 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Luwin

Reaction score
A five-year-old boy found with fatal injuries at his Coventry home had been stabbed.

David-Mario Lazar, known to his family as Mario, died at his home in Poplar Road, Earlsdon on Tuesday evening.

A 49-year-old woman, known to the family and who was arrested on suspicion of his murder, has been sectioned under the Mental Health Act.

David-Mario's parents, Cristina and Dorinel, described him as "the most beautiful child in the world."

David-Mario had been in the arrested woman's care at the time of the incident, police said.

He was found seriously hurt just before 18:00 GMT on Tuesday and confirmed dead at the scene.

A post-mortem examination confirmed he died from a stab wound.

Boy, five, was fatally stabbed at his Coventry home

This is just horrific. Those poor parents will never get over this. When the grandmother is in a fit state to comprehend her actions, I don’t think she will want to live with herself.

She must have been suffering from some sort of delusions, but then why would the child be left in her care if she was mentally unwell? Maybe there was no one else to look after him. Or maybe there were no warning signs that she was such a danger to her grandson.

I can’t even bear to think of what went through this little boy’s head when his own grandma plunged a knife into him, imagine the confusion, the terror. Imagine coming home from work to find your own mother has killed your son like this, they will never recover from this.

'My child, my child' Mum cries as son grabbed and killed by a woman
'My child, my child' Mum cries as son grabbed and killed by a woman

A DISTRAUGHT mother screamed, "My child! My child!" after her five-year-old son was attacked and killed by a woman.

Police were called to a terraced house in Earlsdon, Coventry, shortly before 6pm on Tuesday.

One resident, who did not want to be named, said: "We heard lots of screaming and shouting and the mum had run into the Co-op saying her child had been taken.

Cristina and Mario's dad Dorin are believed to have been at work when their son was attacked.

West Midlands Police said the suspect was known to the boy's family.

"She was in a lot of distress, as you can imagine. It was nightmarish."

Mario-with-his-mum-and-dad-3883874.jpg

Mario with his mum, Cristina and dad, Dorin. (Image: PA)

The killer was 'known by the family.' UGH, what does that mean? Who was this woman that would grab a 5 yr old boy from his Mom and kill him? Did the woman have a weapon? Because the mom ran for help....

The killer was 'known by the family.' UGH, what does that mean? Who was this woman that would grab a 5 yr old boy from his Mom and kill him? Did the woman have a weapon? Because the mom ran for help....
I’m glad the officer made it clear it definitely wasn’t the mother. Could it be a revenge killing, hurt the father or mother?
Or the person had a psychotic episode and this dear little boy is the ‘devil’, a ‘monster’, and they attacked him? The poor parents, it’s just an unimaginable thing to happen, it will never make sense. IMO

I know. It is so devastating and shocking. Could it be the husbands ex or someone wanting to hurt him?

I have heard of a couple cases like this where it was delusional, mentally ill grandmothers who killed the child.

I know. It is so devastating and shocking. Could it be the husbands ex or someone wanting to hurt him?

I have heard of a couple cases like this where it was delusional, mentally ill grandmothers who killed the child.
OH My Lord---It WAS the grandmother? Why does that keep happening? I know of 2 or 3 previous cases just like this. Oh, how devastating.

Grandmother appears in court charged with murdering five-year-old

Grandmother appears in court charged with murdering five-year-old

A grandmother charged with the murder of a five-year-old has been remanded in a secure mental health facility.

[…]

David-Mario died from a stab wound at his home in Coventry while under the care of his grandmother, who was sectioned under the Mental Health Act following his death.

[…]

A trial will take place in front of a High Court Judge in June and Anghel will remain in a secure mental health facility until then.

[…]

trial before a High Court judge which is expected to begin on June 19.

[…]

She was sentenced in June.

Woman who killed grandson, 5, in Coventry sentenced Woman who killed grandson, 5, in Coventry sentenced

A grandmother who killed her five-year-old grandson by stabbing him has been given an indefinite hospital order.

[…]

Prosecution counsel Christopher Tehrani KC said Anghel, who has no previous convictions, had not told her GP about her mental health problems.

[…]

The court was told Anghel, who was accompanied in the dock by four health workers and an interpreter, has an extensive history of treatment in Romania for psychotic and depressive disorders dating back to at least 2009.

[…]

The mother stated she "would never have trusted her to care for Mario if she had shown any signs of illness".

[…]

High Court judge Mrs Justice Cockerill told Anghel: "Your delusions were all-encompassing. You had in effect lost contact with reality. "I am sure you would never have hurt, much less killed, Mario had you not been very ill."

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avatour360
Back