UK - Fatal stabbings of two 16-year-old boys in London

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Luwin

Reaction score
The fatal stabbings of two 16-year-old boys who were attacked just a mile apart in south-east London are linked, the Met Police has said.
Officers were called at about 17:10 GMT on Saturday to reports people had been injured in Sewell Road, Abbey Wood, and Titmuss Avenue in Thamesmead.
Police and medics attended, but both boys were pronounced dead and a murder investigation has been launched.
The boys have been named as Kearne Solanke and Charlie Bartolo.
Crime scenes are in place at both locations. No arrests have been made.

This case should be getting way more attention than it is. It is a case that could not better demonstrate the dangers to young people of getting involved in gangs and knife crime.

Kearne went out with a group in order to take the life of a rival, but his breathren ended up taking his as well. And then when they had grievously wounded him, they just left him to die alone.

Savagery.

Just looking back at some of the trial reporting...

On Tuesday (December 12) Boy B, who is the only defendant who accepts he was present during the fatal incident, continued to give evidence under cross-examination.

Boy A admits being part of T-Block gang (Thamesmead) and said there was a rivalry with Abbey Wood.

He was asked about a previous occasion when he said: “That youth we got, he was wet.”

Boy A explained that by “wet” he meant that Charlie was not involved in gangs.

“I meant he is basically a civilian,” Boy A said. “I was trying to say that it should not have happened.”

The last moments of a stab victim as he begged a sword gang 'no no no no' have been shown to jurors and his weeping family. Charlie Bartolo was only 16-years-old when he was rammed off his moped by a group of males in a Nissan Qashqai in a 'brutal and random' attack in South East London, Inner London Crown Court heard on Thursday (November 9).

Hussain Bah and Alagie Jobe, both 19, were allegedly with three others in the SUV, which ploughed into Mr Bartolo on Sewell Road and threw him into the air just after 5pm on November 26 last year. They then got out of the vehicle and repeatedly stabbed Charlie with large knives - 'more like a sword' - as he lay 'helpless' on the floor, it
The distressing footage - which caught Mr Bartolo's final gasps for mercy as he screamed 'no no no no' - drew sobs and tears from the public gallery, but no emotion from the defendants. Friends and family watched as Mr Bartolo was repeatedly knifed by his assailants, appearing to freeze on the ground and then quiver from one leg in his final moments.

The prosecution also allege one of those assailants was another 16-year-old, Kearne Solanke, who was fatally stabbed in the shoulder by another member of the squad during the attack. Mr Solanke died less than a mile away after being abandoned by the side of the road on Titmuss Avenue, Thamesmead, the prosecution said.

Bah and Jobe sentenced to life with a minimum of 25 1/2 and 25 years respectively. Contains statements from Charlie's Mum and Dad, Kearne Solanke's Mum and the Metropolitan Police.

Heartbreaking.
R.I.P.

Last edited:
I wondered for a long time what a victim impact statement from Kearne Solanke's family would read like. And now that I've seen it... I think I want to throw up:
"She (Kearne's mother) said: “Kearne had big dreams and aspirations for the future. He would have made each and every one of those dreams come true.

He had enrolled on an electrical installation course at college and dreamed of owning a business with his cousin."

Erm... no! He also brutally murdered a 16 year old boy in cold blood. Can you even imagine being Charlie's family and having to listen to that nonsense?

Her diatribe continues:

“I will never be able to forgive myself for not being able to protect Kearne when he needed me most.”

What were you going to do? Go out on the rideout with him and his murderous pals to make sure none of them stab him accidentally?

Utter madness.

I wondered for a long time what a victim impact statement from Kearne Solanke's family would read like. And now that I've seen it... I think I want to throw up:
"She (Kearne's mother) said: “Kearne had big dreams and aspirations for the future. He would have made each and every one of those dreams come true.

He had enrolled on an electrical installation course at college and dreamed of owning a business with his cousin."

Erm... no! He also brutally murdered a 16 year old boy in cold blood. Can you even imagine being Charlie's family and having to listen to that nonsense?

Her diatribe continues:

“I will never be able to forgive myself for not being able to protect Kearne when he needed me most.”

What were you going to do? Go out on the rideout with him and his murderous pals to make sure none of them stab him accidentally?

Utter madness.

Completely agree!!

Completely agree!!
If I was his mother I would never be able to mourn him properly, every time I'd try all I would see is Charlie's face and think about the pain he caused him and his family in his final act.

Obviously, we're only seeing a snippet of her statement there, maybe she did at least acknowledge Charlie's family in some way. It would be disgusting not to.

Her diatribe continues:

Utter madness.

I agree.

My thoughts continue to be with Charlie and his family.

I find it difficult if not impossible to have any sympathy for Kearne Solanke; yes, he was a victim technically but he died because he decided to kill someone else. None of this had to happen. It's just awful.

Edited to add that I'm not happy about the lack of interest in this case by the national British press and news channels, it's all local reports on the whole. This should have got a lot more attention.

R.I.P. Charlie

I agree.

My thoughts continue to be with Charlie and his family.

I find it difficult if not impossible to have any sympathy for Kearne Solanke; yes, he was a victim technically but he died because he decided to kill someone else. None of this had to happen. It's just awful.

Edited to add that I'm not happy about the lack of interest in this case by the national British press and news channels, it's all local reports on the whole. This should have got a lot more attention.

R.I.P. Charlie
The absolute audacity, the sheer unmitigated GALL to get the prosecutor to read out (obviously she didn't get up there and read it herself) about Kearne somehow being destined to make his dreams come true. It's like she's in complete denial about the actual circumstances of his death, and that he (and more importantly, Charlie) would still be alive if it were not for his own abhorrent criminal behaviour.
I totally agree with you that this should have been bigger news. Out of all the teenage knife deaths we've had in the capital this one appears to be the most needless.
If anyone benefits from it not being bigger news then it's Kearne's family. If more people saw the nauseating public pictures of him with his big cheesy s***-eating grin and added the context that he was the instigator of the violence that led to his death, it would serve as a poignant cautionary tale to youths who might otherwise get tangled up in this madness themselves.
Just look at what happened to him. His criminal brethren, after stabbing him, swearing on their mother's lives that they would get him to safety, what did they do? Just dumped him off at the side of the road to bleed to death.
Madness.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo