GUILTY UK - Francis McNally Hit With Metal Pipe & Strangled - York *arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

AcbMurders

Reaction score
After a man was found dead at a property in Markham Crescent, York on 19 October, two men were arrested and then released.
Man's body found in York - two men arrested

Another man was found dead in Markham Crescent on 27 October. North Yorkshire Police (NYP) say he was not resident at the address where his body was found. Three men have been arrested and are currently in police custody.
Man found dead at York house - three men arrested

According to MSM reports, the two incidents occurred at the same address, although NYP have not confirmed this. Second body discovered at York property – as neighbours say they don’t feel safe (Interesting insights from local residents in this article).

Last edited:
This street isn't in a particularly bad area of York, quite a lot of students living locally, near the hospital, I had friends who lived two streets away.
Although doesn't mean too much, when I lived in York our next door neighbours were selling drugs on our quiet little student street

This street isn't in a particularly bad area of York, quite a lot of students living locally, near the hospital, I had friends who lived two streets away.
Although doesn't mean too much, when I lived in York our next door neighbours were selling drugs on our quiet little student street
That’s what the local residents said in the York Mix article I posted above. An ok street to live in until a few months ago … But 2 deaths in 8 days! It sounds like there were a few red flags tbh

Possibly… could it be that there were two bodies and police only found the second one in the same flat a week later? The mind boggles…

If that happened that'd have to be some nearsighted cops.

From your one link neighbors said people were coming and going. Also they were "off their faces". If they were selling drugs out of there couldn't be a bright dealer. You don't sell drugs out of your residence. Sheesh.

That's a shame for the nice people that live there and enjoy their neighborhood. Hope they can get some peace now.

Breaking … Two men charged with murder following death of man at York property :

“TWO men have been charged with murder, following the death of a man at a York property.

Curtis Turpin, 34, and Craig Hudson, 39, appeared before York Magistrates Court this morning.

They are alleged to have murdered Francis David McNally, 35, whose body was found in a house on Markham Crescent, The Groves, on Wednesday.

Turpin, of Markham Crescent,and Adam Hudson, of Rowntree Avenue, Clifton, were remanded in custody. They did not apply for bail as no magistrates court can grant bail in a murder case.

Their cases were sent to Leeds Crown Court where they will appear for a preliminary hearing on November 2.

A North Yorkshire Police said this morning that a third man arrested in relation to the death had been released on police bail whilst inquiries continued. “

Last edited:
Breaking … Two men charged with murder following death of man at York property :

“TWO men have been charged with murder, following the death of a man at a York property.

Curtis Turpin, 34, and Craig Hudson, 39, appeared before York Magistrates Court this morning.

They are alleged to have murdered Francis David McNally, 35, whose body was found in a house on Markham Crescent, The Groves, on Wednesday.

Turpin, of Markham Crescent,and Adam Hudson, of Rowntree Avenue, Clifton, were remanded in custody. They did not apply for bail as no magistrates court can grant bail in a murder case.

Their cases were sent to Leeds Crown Court where they will appear for a preliminary hearing on November 2.

A North Yorkshire Police said this morning that a third man arrested in relation to the death had been released on police bail whilst inquiries continued. “

Always so helpful when POIs have an unusual name...

Curtis Turpin in 2015: Prison for robber who raided house in central York

And 2017: City knifeman jailed over stab threat to PCSO

Murder seems to be a step up, though.

Unclear from that report whether the other man is Craig Hudson or Adam Hudson, so I'm loath to sleuth either tbh.

Edit:

They have now updated it to read Adam Hudson. Also a person with problems. Both men seem to have had multiple spells of homelessness and Hudson also went missing recently.

2014: Alcoholic jailed for assault on police officer

2021: Missing man with serious injury found

I'm wondering if the Markham Crescent address was being squatted, which would explain the comings and goings neighbours report. I also still think a drug-related scenario seems likely.

JMO

Last edited:
Always so helpful when POIs have an unusual name...

Curtis Turpin in 2015: Prison for robber who raided house in central York

And 2017: City knifeman jailed over stab threat to PCSO

Murder seems to be a step up, though.

Unclear from that report whether the other man is Craig Hudson or Adam Hudson, so I'm loath to sleuth either tbh.

Edit:

They have now updated it to read Adam Hudson. Also a person with problems. Both men seem to have had multiple spells of homelessness and Hudson also went missing recently.

2014: Alcoholic jailed for assault on police officer

2021: Missing man with serious injury found

I'm wondering if the Markham Crescent address was being squatted, which would explain the comings and goings neighbours report. I also still think a drug-related scenario seems likely.

JMO
Thank you for the above links @JuicyLucy Sadly, there are a number of York offenders who go in and out of prison all the time. And this is not a peculiarity of York for sure.

It does not appear that CT was squatting; this article says that the property belongs to a housing association being Second body discovered at York property – as neighbours say they don’t feel safe

The name ‘Craig’ Hudson came from this BBC article York death: Two charged with murder after man found dead at house It must be his middle name Alcohol thief targeted several York stores and Man jailed for breaking man's jaw (200 offences by 2016 :eek: starting when he was very young and with an IQ of 59 Teenager mowed down man, 77 ) . Unbelievable

Last edited:
Thank you for the above links @JuicyLucy Sadly, there are a number of York offenders who go in and out of prison all the time. And this is not a peculiarity of York for sure.

It does not appear that CT was squatting; this article says that the property belongs to a housing association being Second body discovered at York property – as neighbours say they don’t feel safe

The name ‘Craig’ Hudson came from this BBC article York death: Two charged with murder after man found dead at house It must be his middle name Alcohol thief targeted several York stores and Man jailed for breaking man's jaw (200 offences by 2016 :eek: starting when he was very young and with an IQ of 59 Teenager mowed down man, 77 ) . Unbelievable

Oh wow, the prison system isn't going to do anything for a man with an IQ of 59, well, nothing good anyway. :(

If the owner of the house is a housing association, I wonder if it's a post-prison or post-rehab halfway house? Though you would think the neighbours would know that if so. Perhaps an HMO that's become a bit more transient than usual lately.

Has the other deceased person been named yet? I wonder if the two incidents are connected in any significant sense, or just by geography.

Has the other deceased person been named yet? I wonder if the two incidents are connected in any significant sense, or just by geography.
On 20th October, the York Press reported that two men, 34 and 40, were arrested and then released pending investigations in relation to the FIRST death in Markham Crescent on 19th Oct. Man's body found in York - two men arrested

Local residents now say that the SECOND deceased man was found at the same property on 27th October. Second body discovered at York property – as neighbours say they don’t feel safe CT 34 and AH 39 have been charged today Two men charged with murder in York

NYP have some explaining to do:
  1. Are CT and AH the two men who were arrested in connection with the first death on 19th Oct? CT’s age is a match but AH is 39, not 40.
  2. Why are police not saying it’s the same address, when the whole street knows it is?
  3. How come CT was able to go back to his flat where a man had been found dead?

Neighbors were certainly right in being cautious from the get go. They were dealing with some dangerous people on that nice little street.

Sadly in a way if two men weren't murdered they'd have had that nonstop. That's how neighborhoods turn into Badlands.

Date set for murder trial for two York men
There will be a plea hearing on November 15, with a trial date scheduled for April 26, 2022.

What are the chances though that AH, who apparently had an IQ of 59 twenty years ago, will go down for murder? When he ran over and killed a man in 2000 he only got 2.5 years because he was considered ‘mentally impaired’ Cycle path death rider jailed After 20 years of heavy drinking his IQ is probably even lower now. Has anyone come across a similar case before or have any idea?

Date set for murder trial for two York men
There will be a plea hearing on November 15, with a trial date scheduled for April 26, 2022.

What are the chances though that AH, who apparently had an IQ of 59 twenty years ago, will go down for murder? When he ran over and killed a man in 2000 he only got 2.5 years because he was considered ‘mentally impaired’ Cycle path death rider jailed After 20 years of heavy drinking his IQ is probably even lower now. Has anyone come across a similar case before or have any idea?

I would expect a diminished responsibility plea on the basis of his impairment, such that he can't e.g. weigh up situations rationally or be expected to consider consequences or exercise self-restraint.

Diminished responsibility in English law - Wikipedia

The classic case that comes to mind is Derek Bentley, who was hanged in the 1950s after the murder of a policeman, despite not being the person who actually killed him and also having an IQ of 66. It's been the textbook miscarriage of justice case for so long that I can imagine no judge would ever want to be seen to repeat it.

Derek Bentley case - Wikipedia

JMO, IANAL

Local residents have been ‘listened to’ (see below), but what happened to the plea hearing scheduled for 15 Nov at Leeds Crown Court? I’ve looked at the Law Pages website and could not find anything. Maybe someone like @Tortoise who’s familiar with these things could advise?

https://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/19736046.police-chief-speaks-fears-two-deaths-groves-area-york/

YORK’S police chief said his team needs to “go back to community policing” following two deaths and a rise in anti-social behaviour in the Groves area of the city.

Superintendent Mark Khan said the Guildhall ward was the busiest in the North Yorkshire policing area, along with the centre of Scarborough, as he pledged to look at whether the area was being given enough resources.

Supt Khan was speaking to residents at a ward meeting on Tuesday night at the invitation of councillor Fiona Fitzpatrick.

It follows two deaths at a property in Markham Crescent within a week of each other last month.

Two men have been charged with murder over the second death, while the first is still being investigated.

The meeting heard from residents who said they had been reporting anti-social behaviour in Markham Crescent since September, with one saying the second death had been “a great tragedy” that could have been avoided if preventative action had been taken.

Supt Khan, the police commander for York and Selby, said: “I’ve seen the phone calls coming in and something was done. Unfortunately what happened was in the five or six weeks, two people unfortunately died at that address, but there were moves in progress. On the back of your calls, work was happening to try to solve the problem.”

He added that charges had been brought just 48 hours after he second death.

Residents told of their concerns about the increasing amount of anti-social behaviour in Clarence Street, with several people saying they were too scared to walk there alone at night.

Supt Khan stressed that the police alone could not solve complex issues and needed the support of the community and other agencies.

He added: “We are the muscle, the police are the coercive power for everybody in this room. When you use us – use us – but you can’t use us indefinitely because we’re not effective indefinitely – we are effective, short and sharp.

“What are we going to do about the drunks on the street once we’ve enforced the law against them? The police can’t do it on their own.”

Supt Khan said he would look at the creation of an independent advisory group to bring people together, while Cllr Fitzpatrick said she would ask the community whether they would like her to organise a summit to start to address some of the issues.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dp203dumpspdf
Back