Found Deceased UK - Gaynor Lord was last seen in Norwich city centre on London Street heading towards Norwich Cathedral, 2:35 pm, 8 December 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I also want to add that some of the most depressed people I know are extremely good at masking. NCFC, the city's football club, actually released a video Mental Health campaign a month or so ago around checking in on people, because you never know who might be struggling. I recommend watching it. Depression and suicidal tendencies are actually rarely obvious to those close, even when ALL the red flags are there. MOO.
Thanks for sharing this clip. Definitely worth a look. It makes you look at the less obvious (snipped original post for focus).

I wonder if she left a note for her family, and that's why the police seem so assured of what happened. I don't think they would necessarily announce if they did have one. Other than that, they may have found something to indicate her state of mind on her phone.

Having read in the news that she called her friend at 2.15 and asked where she was, despite seemingly not being super close (previously saying they would meet for tennis in the spring), I was wondering if she was intending to ask the friend to do a favour/run an errand for her. Maybe the friend was someone she expected would be in the city at that time.
Unable to get someone to do this for her, she then realised she would have to do it herself, hence leaving work early in a hurry and seeming in a rush.
No theory as to what the errand would be though.

I wonder if she left a note for her family, and that's why the police seem so assured of what happened. I don't think they would necessarily announce if they did have one. Other than that, they may have found something to indicate her state of mind on her phone.

I think if there was a note they’d have notified the media in order to ensure this doesn’t turn into a media circus again - this would then be confirmed to be just a recovery operation so I think media attention would lessen

If they don’t find her tomorrow I think they’ll have to open the park again over the weekend - I’m not sure the council will allow the park to be closed over a week when there doesn’t seem to be any danger to anyone else.

- Why did she say "I'm feeling funny this morning"?

- Why did she phone a person whom she previously wanted to meet in a few months time?
(Spring/tennis match)

- Why did she ask this person "Where are you?"

- Why didn't she answer this person's calling just 10 minutes later?

- Why did she call this person again 2 hours later, but it supposedly was a "pocket call"?

Not to mention later behaviour seen in cctv.

These all seem very erratic, bizzare.
As if gripped by overwhelming emotions she couldn't control.

JMO

<modsnip - quoted post was removd>
If the trigger revolves around the time allegedly spent in the cathedral grounds, including whoever she may have met, spoken to or observed, having left early and hurried there, my opinion is that if I try and fit every hitherto known piece of this puzzle around this, I struggle to find any part of it that doesn't fit.
It's also interesting that the news that the police /accessed her phone/ and that they have /indications as to why she behaved the way she did/ appears at the same times leads me to believe it has yielded some very relevant information.
My opinion only.

Last edited by a moderator:
1702596248855.png

1702596292009.png

Gaynor Lord's known movements on Friday 8 December​

14:44: Ms Lord is working at the Bullards Gin counter in the basement of Jarrolds department store
14:45-14:46: She leaves the store via the loading bay on Bedford Street
14:47: Walks on to London Street past the Cosy Club
14:48: Ms Lord makes her way on to Queens Street and walks toward the cathedral
15:22: Ms Lord is seen on The Close at the cathedral entrance and shortly before exiting through the archway she puts her coat on
15:23: She is seen to walk away from the cathedral on Queen Street
15:49: Ms Lord is seen on CCTV near the Playhouse on St George's Street
15:53: Walks along St Crispins Road towards Pitt Street
16:01: Ms Lord walks up St Augustines Street - her final movements captured on CCTV before going missing

I wonder if she found something out that day, something life changing and that’s why the phone calls and the sense of urgency. Also would explain her saying she ’felt funny’ like maybe in shock at a situation. Thoughts are with her family such a distressing situation.

Last edited:
I think she'll be found in the river eventually, sounds like classic self harm to me. How sad for her family so close to Christmas.
Sadly, I agree. All of the features of her behaviour being highlighted can be explained by the erratic thinking of somebody experiencing a severe mental health episode.

The subtle comments by police make me wonder if perhaps she has a history of illness of this kind but was believed to be well, stable and medicated. Tragically, it’s not unusual for people to feel well enough on medication that they decide to stop taking it, and then quickly become unwell and unsafe without anyone around them realising.

Most people’s minds will go to depression, but things like bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, psychosis etc can also cause suicidal ideation, and can present quite suddenly, with some very key features. In these cases the trigger may not be anything external or ‘rational’ at all.

JMO and I am of course hoping for a good outcome for all involved.

Have we ruled out any interest in the crown court sentencing at that time on that day?

From knowing nothing about this case or people or location, it does seem that the scant info a few posts earlier conveniently fits the timeline.

I did put it earlier but I do wonder if she took her outer clothes off to go for a swim (why? I have no idea)
Got out, put coat on as it’s so cold, then slipped in accidentally with the coat on/half on.

Perhaps she took off all her clothes and jewelry and that's why the police are so sure she must have gone into the river. I hope she will be found soon.

Sadly I think this could be along the lines of a medical emergency. I fear a condition could have made her remove her clothing etc. I remember a young girl that went missing several years ago. They found her clothes etc in a field and then found her body days later. Unfortunately I cannot remember her name or the fine details but I believe it was a condition that would have made her feel really hot suddenly. I know hypothermia does that but I don't think they found that, that was the reason.
I think you're remembering Gaia Pope? She sadly died from hypothermia following a mental health crisis exacerbated by a seizure.

There is more detail of the “yoga pose” here. It sounds like the witness interpreted it as upward facing dog.

“"I don't know what the pose is called but it's where you lie on the floor and arch your back and head upwards.” https://www.itv.com/news/anglia/202...r-lord-seen-doing-yoga-in-last-known-sighting

Maybe Gaynor was doing a Sun salutation. Anyway, she wasn’t just sitting on her coat contemplating or praying or whatever.

There is more detail of the “yoga pose” here. It sounds like the witness interpreted it as upward facing dog.

“"I don't know what the pose is called but it's where you lie on the floor and arch your back and head upwards.” https://www.itv.com/news/anglia/202...r-lord-seen-doing-yoga-in-last-known-sighting

Maybe Gaynor was doing a Sun salutation. Anyway, she wasn’t just sitting on her coat contemplating or praying or whatever.
I can't take this supposed witness seriously, as she states quite factually that the woman had "quite a lot of bags with her."

She only had one bag.

Attachments

• _132053414_capture.png.jpeg
    _132053414_capture.png.jpeg
    14.7 KB · Views: 25

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads