UK - Gunshots fired outside houses of parliament in London. 22 Mar 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The attacker rented the car:

"A spokesperson for Enterprise Holdings said: “We can confirm that the car used in the tragic attack in London yesterday afternoon was one of ours. An employee identified the vehicle after seeing the licence plate in an image online. We ran another check to verify, and immediately contacted the authorities."

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...arrest-seven-people-in-raids-at-six-addresses

I wonder what Enterprise car hire rules are for hiring a car if you have criminal convictions in the past? Perhaps after a period of time has passed they are disregarded. Not that it would prevent this tragedy I'm sure he would have got a vehicle somehow.

It was not a policeman that shot the terrorist, it a bodyguard of Defence secretay, michael fallon. They need to arm their police officers. Jmo

The bodyguard will be from the Met's royal and diplomatic protection team so also a cop.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...parliament-resumes-tributes-keith-palmer-live
Nazia Parveen

A woman from an inner-city Birmingham estate that was raided by anti-terror police has claimed the dead London terrorist was her neighbour.
Iwona Romek, a factory worker who did not know the attacker’s name, described the killer as a father who was a keen gardener and lived with his Asian wife and young child.
Romek, 45, who has lived in Quayside in Winson Greenfor 12 years, confirmed she knew the London terrorist when she was shown a photograph of him on the stretcher.

I have been so shocked by it all. They were a nice family, very reserved. He was very calm. I saw the photos on the TV and knew it was the man who lived here. He had a wife, a young Asian woman, and a small child who went to school.

I wonder what Enterprise car hire rules are for hiring a car if you have criminal convictions in the past? Perhaps after a period of time has passed they are disregarded. Not that it would prevent this tragedy I'm sure he would have got a vehicle somehow.

I imagine the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 comes into play. This states that "spent" convictions do not need to be declared except in certain cases, eg when seeking work with children or vulnerable adults. Some offences are never "spent", others are after 5 or 10 years.

Can't link, there is an article at guardian, where he lived before moving around christmas, neighbor sad it was sudden with no good by, but other wise they were nice, go figure. Jmo

The bodyguard will be from the Met's royal and diplomatic protection team so also a cop.

My point was that it was not an officer on street/routine patrol. That is what i thought when reading it yesterday. Couldn't understand why one had a gun and the other did not.Jmo

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/78...rofile-facts-terrorist-Westminster-Parliament
Police revealed that Khalid Masood had a number of previous convictions for assaults including GBH, possession of offensive weapons and public order offences.

Although he was never convicted for terrorism, it is believed that he was on the “periphery" of the extremist scene.
Masood is also believed to be a father of three, an English teacher and a convert to Islam. He was said to be a "fitness freak".
Anyone with any information about Masood should call the police’s Anti-Terrorist Hotline 0800 789 321.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/kh...k/news-story/6b6c2f278acb705d3f427f07dba17b8b
The Kent-born man was born on Christmas Day and known by several aliases including Khalid Choudry.
He has been described as a “fitness freak” who was obsessed with bodybuilding and a married father of three by Sky News. The Muslim convert has previously worked as an English teacher.

Interesting that canada is under british rule, there is a vote today in canada, m103.

Wonder how that will work with, if you see something say something. Jmo

Interesting that canada is under british rule, there is a vote today in canada, m103.

Wonder how that will work with, if you see something say something. Jmo

Eh what? Canada has been fully independent of the UK since since 1982 when the last powers, relating to the Canadian constitution, were handed over to Ottawa. The Queen remains the official head of state, that's all.

Eh what? Canada has been fully independent of the UK since since 1982 when the last powers, relating to the Canadian constitution, were handed over to Ottawa. The Queen remains the official head of state, that's all.

Oh sorry, does seem odd. Fully independent, queen head of state. Jmo

Oh sorry, does seem odd. Fully independent, queen head of state. Jmo

An anomaly in international terms, maybe. Some now-independent former colonies have chosen to retain the Queen as head of state, others have a president. There has long been a debate in Australia over whether keep the Queen or become a republic. Either way, the country would remain a member of the Commonwealth until it chooses to leave.

I dont believe they ask fof details of criminal pasts just driving offences/points

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Wonder whether his criminal convictions were spent at the time he was working as an English teacher

Wonder whether his criminal convictions were spent at the time he was working as an English teacher

I bet he wasn't a proper teacher, I'd be surprised if he held a post in a British school with assault and weapons charges on his rap sheet.

I bet he wasn't a proper teacher, I'd be surprised if he held a post in a British school with assault and weapons charges on his rap sheet.

He could have been a teacher before becoming a criminal? He's 52 - plenty of time in there for some career and lifestyle changes. Do we have a timeline of his life yet?

jmo

He could have been a teacher before becoming a criminal? He's 52 - plenty of time in there for some career and lifestyle changes. Do we have a timeline of his life yet?

jmo

His offences were between 1983 and 2003 and the ones listed were not that serious, no suggestion he served any jail time. So maybe he did teach. He'd have had to have got a degree to do so, anyone heard whether he went to university?

"Masood was not the subject of any current investigations and there was no prior intelligence about his intent to mount a terrorist attack," Scotland Yard said. "However, he was known to police and has a range of previous convictions for assaults, including grievous bodily harm, possession of offensive weapons and public order offences."

Masood's first conviction came when he was 19-years-old in November 1983 for criminal damage. His last conviction was in December 2003 for possession of a knife. He had never been convicted of a terrorism offence.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39373766

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michelemelton03
Back