UK - Gunshots fired outside houses of parliament in London. 22 Mar 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The photographer who took the picture of a Muslim woman looking at her phone while walking across Westminster Bridge has defended her - saying she was 'horrified' and 'distressed'. She was criticised when a row broke out online with one social media user accusing her of 'casually' walking past the injured woman. But photographer Jamie Lorriman, 28, who captured the image, has leapt to her defence - claiming she was terrified.

Mr Lorriman, who lives in London, added: 'I saw dozens of people walk past and the woman on the phone had just come from the part of the bridge where most of the victims were struck. That is why she clearly looks mortified and it is obvious that she is in shock. The woman would have seen people under buses - she had just walked past the worst of it. She wasn't the only one walking past injured people and it looked like she just wanted to get off the bridge as quickly as possible. I took three photographs where you can see the woman and I think she looks distressed in all of them.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...er-took-picture-woman-bridge-defends-her.html

To my fellow sleuthers defending the Muslim woman in the photo: you give me hope that humanity will always prevail. Thank you! :heartbeat:

By the way, the fundraiser for PC Keith Palmer's family now stands at £558k (that's $700,000)

To my fellow sleuthers defending the Muslim woman in the photo: you give me hope that humanity will always prevail. Thank you! :heartbeat:

I think most of the world is defending the woman in the photo. Sadly, in this internet age where everything is instant and unretractable, it only takes one idiot to spread hate.

I imagine "Texas Lone Star" is getting grief but shouldn't think he gives a damn. Here's his Twitter, what a lovely man bragging about his new found notoriety...

https://twitter.com/SouthLoneStar

The photographer who took the picture of a Muslim woman looking at her phone while walking across Westminster Bridge has defended her - saying she was 'horrified' and 'distressed'. She was criticised when a row broke out online with one social media user accusing her of 'casually' walking past the injured woman. But photographer Jamie Lorriman, 28, who captured the image, has leapt to her defence - claiming she was terrified.

Mr Lorriman, who lives in London, added: 'I saw dozens of people walk past and the woman on the phone had just come from the part of the bridge where most of the victims were struck. That is why she clearly looks mortified and it is obvious that she is in shock. The woman would have seen people under buses - she had just walked past the worst of it. She wasn't the only one walking past injured people and it looked like she just wanted to get off the bridge as quickly as possible. I took three photographs where you can see the woman and I think she looks distressed in all of them.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...er-took-picture-woman-bridge-defends-her.html

No, her being mortified is not apparent.

Stuff like this is why no one trusts the media anymore. They blatantly lie when the truth can be seen by everyone.

Stuff like this is why no one trusts the media anymore. They blatantly lie when the truth can be seen by everyone.

She looks emotional, just like all the other people caught on camera in the aftermath. Nobody questioned their faces.

Point is, just as one terrorist shouldn't tar the name of a whole religion, one idiot on Twitter doesn't tar the name of everyone in Texas.

The first image i saw of her(from distance) i thought no way no how i could have walked past the aftermath of that horrific event, no matter the faith. Then seeing the close up of her face it appears expressionless to me. I would have walked on the other side or waited until the scene was clear of wounded/dying people. But that's just me. I can't put blame on the guy that tweeted but he should have kept his thought to himself.Jmo

Hoping to get back on topic, radical islamic terrorism. Jmo

In fairness to her (and myself if i was in that situation) the casualty was already being tended to by a large number of people. What more could she have possibly done.

Working im the environment i work in ive been involved in having to provide CPR and theres been instances where theres been so many people crowded around all trying to "help"that its actually been a hinderence

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2017/03/24/british-police-reveal-more-about-london-attacker.html
attachment.php

Police in forensic suits search the a grassed area outside the Houses of Parliament in London on Thursday, the day after the terror attack that killed four. (JUSTIN TALLIS / AFP/GETTY IMAGES)

Mike Crofts, a former army captain who served in Afghanistan, said he was in the courtyard outside the Houses of Parliament following a meeting with politicians about using boxing to engage young men when the attack took place.

“I rushed towards the scene,” he said, and began first aid with another person in civilian clothes, who turned out to be Staff Sgt. Tony Davis, one of Crofts’ instructors at Sandhurst, Britain’s military academy. Ultimately, there were 20 to 30 people working to save the officer’s life.

“Unfortunately, despite our best efforts, we were unable to save him,” Crofts said. “(Police Constable) Palmer at the time was surrounded by a whole host of colleagues who really loved him. We held his hand through the experience. We talked to him throughout, but unfortunately he passed away.”

Attachments

• londonforensics.jpg
    londonforensics.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 121
I think most of the world is defending the woman in the photo. Sadly, in this internet age where everything is instant and unretractable, it only takes one idiot to spread hate.

I imagine "Texas Lone Star" is getting grief but shouldn't think he gives a damn. Here's his Twitter, what a lovely man bragging about his new found notoriety...

https://twitter.com/SouthLoneStar

Bell*nd. Twitter almost sent me over the edge the last couple days. The ignorance, the arrogance, the judgmental tripe some people think they have the right to express, and take such pride in doing so. I'd like to get them all together and slap the dumb out of them with a giant wet fish. Disgusting

Also can't we just strap Katie Hopkins to a rocket and send her into outer space already?

Bell*nd. Twitter almost sent me over the edge the last couple days. The ignorance, the arrogance, the judgmental tripe some people think they have the right to express, and take such pride in doing so. I'd like to get them all together and slap the dumb out of them with a giant wet fish. Disgusting

Also can't we just strap Katie Hopkins to a rocket and send her into outer space already?

Don't mince your words, love!

I can think of a few more people who could join Hopkins on that rocket.

:takeoff:

Reading in the dailymail< love it:) another arrest, brings that to 11, oh the info they are getting from their phones:) also two-four minutes before the rampage the terrorist was on whatsapp. Jmo

The perp did not seem to want for anything, except perhaps for a sense of humanity.imo.
speculation.
Ribm.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/31667...orist-khalid-masood-mother-wales-westminster/
It has been revealed the mother of the killer spends her time listening to classical music with her husband, tending to her chickens and working on her crafts.

The pair moved to the leafy village after bringing up their family in parts of south England.

Grey-haired J appeared briefly at the door while speaking to a uniformed officer yesterday.

A police source said: &#8220;She is too upset and adamant she won&#8217;t make any comment on anything at the moment.&#8221;

J and her husband P&#8212; Masood&#8217;s stepdad &#8212; live in the village of T in Welsh-speaking rural C.

She and her 77-year-old husband &#8211; who is believed to be of Nigerian background &#8211; turned heads when they moved in as the first mixed-race marriage in the tiny village of T, C, population 745.

Just caught up and am blubbing my eyes out - the video of the evacuation, the Muslim woman having her face all over the internet, the fact that Mr Rhodes neighbours sat and played his favourite music until he died..... Too much....

And to all our friends across the world who have dealt with far worse, far more destructive terrorist attacks in recent months and years, just big hugs really.

:hug: :worldmap: :hug:

:grouphug:

The Muslim lady has spoken out:

I&#8217;m shocked and totally dismayed at how a picture of me is being circulated on social media. To those individuals who have interpreted and commented on what my thoughts were in that horrific and distressful moment, I would like to say not only have I been devastated by witnessing the aftermath of a shocking and numbing terror attack, I&#8217;ve also had to deal with the shock of finding my picture plastered all over social media by those who could not look beyond my attire, who draw conclusions based on hate and xenophobia.

What the image does not show is that I had talked to other witnesses to try and find out what was happening, to see if I could be any help, even though enough people were at the scene tending to victims. I then decided to call my family to say that I was fine and was making my way home from work, assisting a lady along the way by helping her get to Waterloo station. My thoughts go out to all the victims and their families. I would like to thank Jamie Lorriman, the photographer who took the picture, for speaking to the media in my defence.

I adore her :)

Interesting..
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...lid-masood-hard-drinking-drug-taking-village/

]Ajao maintained contact with his daughters especially his youngest Andi, who at the age of 16 would suffer terrible injuries when hit by a lorry as she crossed the road on her way to school in 2008. It seems remarkable &#8211; given what would happen almost a decade later on Westminster Bridge &#8211;but Ajao would spend hours at his daughter&#8217;s bedside, praying for her recovery.
One neighbour recalled: &#8220;Andi was knocked down as she ran to get the school bus and she almost died. She was severely injured and her parents had to keep a bedside vigil. She was in hospital for ages and it took her a long time to fully recover.&#8221;
Andi, who was devoted to her father, would spend more and more time with Ajao and would eventually convert to Islam herself.

Andi, now aged 24, is understood to wear a full face veil and has changed her name. There is no suggestion that she shared her father&#8217;s extreme beliefs or knew about his plans to launch Wednesday&#8217;s terror attack.

rbbm

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michelemelton03
Back