Found Deceased UK - Harvey Parker, 20, last seen leaving nightclub, Westminster London, 17 Dec 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
harvey%201.PNG

Amanda and Michael Armstrong spoke to BBC London about Harvey Parker’s disappearance
(BBC London)

The parents of a gifted music student who went missing after a night out in London have said they “just want him back for Christmas”.

Mr Parker’s mother Amanda Armstrong described him as a “lovely sweet friendly music-loving clubbing-loving young man”. Speaking to BBC London news on Tuesday she pleaded: “We just want him back for Christmas, we just want him back.”

Parents of missing student Harvey Parker plead: ‘We just want him back for Christmas’

It's only a 3-4 minute walk from Heaven to the Golden Jubilee Bridge, perhaps he was drunk and fell and didn't know what he was doing. Perhaps he was on his way home and wanted to get to Waterloo station for some reason. It's so sad just thinking about it.
It reminds me of Anthony Knott who had a lads night out in Lewes a couple of years ago and was found further down the river a few weeks later. Police are searching the river Thames for Harvey so fearing the worst. I wonder what new CCTV footage they now have as it sounds like a body recovery police excercise.

Last edited:
That was from before Christmas. 23rd. Not today
Thanks for pointing this out as no further news since 23rd. It appears that this is where the focus now is since new CCTV footage emerged on that date so still fearing the worst for poor Harvey Parker. I think it was over 20 days until Anthony in Lewes was found and it depends on a number of circumstances.
This article covers some of the factors.
Bring up the bodies: the retired couple who find drowning victims

Harvey Parker: police search River Thames for missing student

Scotland Yard said the search for Harvey Parker was ordered after officers found footage suggesting he may have “entered the water” near the Golden Jubilee pedestrian bridge that links Embankment to Waterloo. In a statement, it added: “At this stage of the investigation there is nothing to suggest that there is any third-party involvement.”

As to the bolded portion above---:(:(:(----before I even read that post, I envisioned this as a possible heartbreaking outcome.

How many times have we seen this exact same situation? Young man leaving a nightclub alone, walking home, near water---and suddenly goes missing. Deja Vu.

And in this case we hear that he is high functioning autistic college student. I think that heightens the chances that he might be attracted to sitting by or standing near the water.

When Facebook was first becoming popular, this started to feel like an epidemic. Students on a night out who disappear and end up in the water after an excruciatingly long search campaign. The names stay with you. Gavin Terry. Chris Brahney. Megan Roberts. Lewis Ball. Each one so easily prevented. There needs to be more exposure to these sorts of dangers, and how often and how indiscriminately they can occur.

I hope and pray there is another explanation for this and that the family can gain some sort of closure.

Attachments

• upload_2021-12-29_20-5-58.png
    upload_2021-12-29_20-5-58.png
    118 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
A search in the Thames for a musician who disappeared after a night out at a club has failed to find him.

Cops were looking for Lambeth student Harvey Parker, who has not been seen since leaving a Westminster night club alone on December 17.

BOR8458-21Parker2.png

A review of CCTV in the area indicated Harvey might have entered the water near the Golden Jubilee Bridge – but the search found nothing.

At this stage of the investigation there is nothing to suggest that there is any third party involvement.

Harvey, 20, was seen leaving Heaven Nightclub alone, by Charing Cross Railway Station in Westminster at around 2.15am on Friday, 17 December.

He had been to a Little Simz concert at Brixton’s O2 Academy earlier in the evening.

The student’s mother Amanda Parker has urged anyone with information to come forward.

When Harvey failed to return home on Friday morning, she initially thought Harvey was at work at the Theatre Royal Stratford East.

But she became increasingly worried and called the police after failing to get hold of the York University student by the evening.

She told the Metro: “We alerted the police, we went down to Heaven to see if anyone knew or heard anything to really get the ball rolling.

“We’ve gone to hospitals with his pictures, we’ve phoned every big A&E in London, I’m just beyond words to be honest, I really am.”

Harvey-Parker-240x300.png

Photo of Harvey circulated on Twitter by friend Jeffrey Ingold

Friend Jeffrey Ingold tweeted: “Every day now I wake up thinking about Harvey Parker and my heart breaks a little more. Please keep looking and sending love & strength to his family.”

Mystery still surrounds disappearance of Lambeth student Harvey Parker

So it sounds like an accident might have happened, in my opinion. There are several threads here right now about young men going missing recently and nearby water being searched. I believe it may just be easier to accidentally slip in than people realize. Such a tragedy! It always seems to happen at night without witnesses :(
ETA: That's not to say that's definitely what happened to Harvey yet.

RIP Harvey. How very sad

Body found in Thames in search for missing Harvey Parker, 20, last seen 3 weeks ago

The body was recovered from the River Thames yesterday (January 4) in the search for a missing man.

Harvey Parker, 20, went missing in the early hours of December 17, and was last seen leaving Heaven nightclub on CCTV from the area. The family had made a public plea for the 20-year-old at the time, telling the Metro: “If you are seeing this please just come home.”This evening, a post circulated on social media, signed by Harvey’s family, said Harvey’s body had been found in the Thames.

The police also confirmed a body had been found in the Thames in the search for missing Harvey. It read: “Dear friends, family, colleagues, and everyone who loved him, “We are so very sad to report that police have recovered a body from the Thames near where our beautiful Harvey was last seen. Formal identification is underway.

“Our deepest thanks to all of you who searched
"Harvey’s friends have created a Just Giving Page to support the work of the communities he was part of: money raised will go to young queer support groups, nuerodiverse and gender diverse young people who’d benefit from emotional or mental health support and to help support talented musicians from under-represented communities.

“We want to ensure that others like Harvey are able to shine as brightly.”

The Metropolitan Police confirmed that a body was found at 11.51am on Tuesday, January 4 in the Thames near Embankment, Westminster.

The death is being treated as unexplained.

Officers from the Met’s Marine Support Unit recovered the body. with us, posted, shared and supported us and the Met police in finding Harvey. Your love and support ensured so many people knew something of the blazing, glorious person that we were lucky to have in our lives.

“So many people have asked what they can do to help, and your asking is testament to the number of lives Harvey touched.

Rest in Peace Harvey Parker.

Such a tragic outcome. Sincere condolences to Harvey’s family for the loss of their precious child, and to Harvey’s friends.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Callie679
Back