UK UK- Jacqueline Johns, 16, missed last train home @ Victoria Station, found raped, strangled & body dumped near Battersea Power Station, 1/10/ 73.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

dotr

Reaction score
1723315270219.png
10 August 2024
''Pretty as a picture in a bright yellow dress, 16-year-old Jacqueline Johns grinned cheekily and waved to the bride as she rushed from the reception to get her last train home.

The shy insurance clerk had thanked Susan Baynes for the 'lovely time' she had at the wedding on the Essex Riviera and happily bustled from the door tottering on her platform shoes.

Jacqueline's destination was home in Thornton Heath, South London, but she never made it and hours after she said a cheery farewell to the bride, her life was cruelly snuffed out.''

''The teenager's body had been stripped of clothing and dumped in a railway siding in the shadow of Battersea Power Station, across the Thames from where she was last seen at Victoria Station.

Jackie was raped and strangled. The bright lemon-coloured dress she wore was missing, as was the sheepskin coat borrowed from her sister. Only her yellow and blue shoes were found tossed away nearby.

The date of that horrifying discovery was October 1, 1973 - and almost 51 years on her murder has never been solved.''
1723315325243.png
Her naked body was found on a railway siding close to Chelsea Bridge, in the shadow of London's famous Battersea Power Station. The area was an industrial area in the 1970s - today it is one of the most exclusive areas in the capital. The warehouse area where he body was found is now luxury flats overlooking the river

View attachment 523732
10 August 2024
''Pretty as a picture in a bright yellow dress, 16-year-old Jacqueline Johns grinned cheekily and waved to the bride as she rushed from the reception to get her last train home.

The shy insurance clerk had thanked Susan Baynes for the 'lovely time' she had at the wedding on the Essex Riviera and happily bustled from the door tottering on her platform shoes.

Jacqueline's destination was home in Thornton Heath, South London, but she never made it and hours after she said a cheery farewell to the bride, her life was cruelly snuffed out.''

''The teenager's body had been stripped of clothing and dumped in a railway siding in the shadow of Battersea Power Station, across the Thames from where she was last seen at Victoria Station.

Jackie was raped and strangled. The bright lemon-coloured dress she wore was missing, as was the sheepskin coat borrowed from her sister. Only her yellow and blue shoes were found tossed away nearby.

The date of that horrifying discovery was October 1, 1973 - and almost 51 years on her murder has never been solved.''
View attachment 523733
Her naked body was found on a railway siding close to Chelsea Bridge, in the shadow of London's famous Battersea Power Station. The area was an industrial area in the 1970s - today it is one of the most exclusive areas in the capital. The warehouse area where he body was found is now luxury flats overlooking the river
There was also the Batersea Fun Fair but I cannot place the location.

I would take the idea that Robert Black killed Jacqueline with an extremely large pinch of salt.

Jacqueline looked 'older than her years' and was wearing her older sister's jacket.

I really don't think she would have been mistaken for a school girl, yet Black's known victims were aged 5-11.

Some serial offenders mix things up, but with Black we have five known offences, and evidence of a fairly rigid victimology.

Black confessed (unofficially) to dozens of other offences. All involving girls aged 12 or under.

He also has several (non murder) convictions for sex offences, dating back to his early teens.

He did attack one victim who was 15, but she was only 4ft 11, so perhaps he thought she was younger.

Jacqueline was 5ft 4 and 'well built' so she probably wouldn't have been mistaken for a primary school girl.

August 11, 2024 The Sun UK Edition online article by Ryan Merrifield entitled ‘COLD CASE RIDDLE Crucial clue could finally solve brutal murder of girl, 16, found naked near power station over 50 years ago, say family’:

Note…. In the embedded video in this article, the host refers primarily to someone named IIUC ‘Billie Jo Jenkins’…. although my ability to properly hear with the accent might not be acccurate. MOO

Last edited:
There's no connection between Robert Black and Billie Jo Jenkins.

Billie Jo was murdered a few years after Black was finally caught. Her stepfather was an absolute prime suspect, but was never convicted.

Black was caught when two policemen searched his van a few minutes after he was spotted abducting a little girl. The abduction was only seen by luck when a witness bent down to empty his lawnmower.

The cops found a little girl in a sleeping bag in the back of the van, and unbelievably one of the arresting officers was the girl's father.

How he restrained himself that day I don't know.

There's no connection between Robert Black and Billie Jo Jenkins.

Billie Jo was murdered a few years after Black was finally caught. Her stepfather was an absolute prime suspect, but was never convicted.

Black was caught when two policemen searched his van a few minutes after he was spotted abducting a little girl. The abduction was only seen by luck when a witness bent down to empty his lawnmower.

The cops found a little girl in a sleeping bag in the back of the van, and unbelievably one of the arresting officers was the girl's father.

How he restrained himself that day I don't know.
Thank you and I understand. I was simply posting the article link with new article on the Jacqueline Jones case. And IMO there is confusion on why the host of that embedded podcast spends considerable time talking about an unrelated case. So I clarified in the post that there was some other reference noted on the embedded video. I am not certain why that was done by The Sun or their copy editors. And I don’t intend to contact the article writer nor the podcast host. MOO

The investigation into Robert Black cost £12 million, so I'm not surprised that Jacqueline's family were consulted. I doubt if he was ever considered as a likely suspect though.

Police found a colourful bracelet amongst Black's possessions, and Jacqueline apparently also owned a colourful bracelet. I think such bracelets were very common in the 70s though, and the Johns family were unable to confirm it as Jacqueline's.

Other than that, there's very little circumstantial evidence against Black, let alone actual evidence. I hadn't heard that he lived with a fellow sex offender. I thought he lived with the same couple in North London as a lodger, from 1972 until his arrest in 1990.

I haven't seen anything suggesting this was a crime committed by two offenders, other than a general police statement mentioning 'the person or persons responsible'.

While I don't think Jacqueline was killed by Black, I do wonder if she was murdered by the same individual who killed Eve Stratford and Lynne Weedon in two separate attacks. The murders were in London in 1975 and tehre is DNA available. Lynne Weedon was also attacked at a power station.

While I don't think Jacqueline was killed by Black, I do wonder if she was murdered by the same individual who killed Eve Stratford and Lynne Weedon in two separate attacks. The murders were in London in 1975 and tehre is DNA available. Lynne Weedon was also attacked at a power station.
Yes! Was coming around to suggest the same thing regarding the power station, imo,
fwiw, likely unrelated, but Australia's Mr Cruel sometimes left victims at such places iirc,

That's an interesting theory. The killer of Stratford/Weedon was clearly mobile.

He used two different murder methods (knife attack and bludgeoning) so a third method (strangulation) wouldn't be completely out of the question.

London is a big place though and there were a lot of lunatics there in the 70s.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EllDee
Back