Found Deceased UK - Jahvon Simmons, 28, outside Chesterfield Hotel, 26 Nov 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

StillDiggin

Reaction score
We are appealing for urgent information on the whereabouts of Jahvon Simmons, who is missing in Chesterfield.

The 28-year-old had been in the Association with a friend last night but they became separated and Jahvon left alone.

He was last seen walking in Corporation Street at about 1.40am today.

Jahvon is from Reading and is working in Chesterfield with a colleague. He does not know the area.

He is Black, about 6ft 1ins, and of athletic build. He was wearing a black puffer jacket, black jeans and possibly black Nike trainers.

We are extremely concerned for his welfare and are asking for the public’s help in finding him.

Did you see him last night or have you seen him throughout the day today? Were you driving in the town last night with a dashcam device? Do you live nearby and have CCTV cameras?

Anyone who can help should contact us urgently, quoting reference 493 of 26 November.

Missing from Chesterfield Derbyshire.
The Chesterfield Hotel is closed with shutters So i think its abandoned. Second police appeal today.

Officers searching for Jahvon Simmons, who is missing in Chesterfield, have released further information about his last known whereabouts.

The 28-year-old had been in the Association with a friend on Thursday night but they became separated and Jahvon left alone.

Officers investigating his disappearance have discovered that he was last seen outside the Chesterfield Hotel at 1.37am on Friday morning.

Jahvon is Black, about 6ft 1ins, and of athletic build. He was wearing a black puffer jacket, black jeans and possibly black Nike trainers.

We are extremely concerned for his welfare and are asking for the public’s help in finding him.

Have you seen Jahvon since? Were you driving in the town on Friday morning with a dashcam device? Do you live nearby and have CCTV cameras?

Anyone who can help should contact us using the 999-emergency number, quoting reference 493 of 26 November.

https://www.facebook.com/derbyshireconstabulary/photos/a.221324207999/10160017475788000/?type=3

Always a worry when you here somebody disappear so early in the morning. Out with a friend so there is always a concern Jahvon having a few 2 many drinks. River Rother is also close by.

Police say they are ‘extremely concerned’ for a man who is missing in Chesterfield and are appealing for ‘urgent information’ to help find him.
https://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/author/michael-broomhead
Jahvon Simmons, 28, had been in the Association bar with a friend but they became separated and Jahvon left alone.

He was last seen in Corporation Street at 1.40am on Friday.

A Derbyshire Constabulary spokesperson said: “Jahvon is from Reading and is working in Chesterfield with a colleague. He does not know the area.

b25lY21zOjFmODA4ZDMxLTA5ZDMtNGNhOC1iNzZiLTZjM2NjNmFkZjUyZjpkZjc1NmQ3MS1lNWVkLTQxYmUtOGEyMy0wNWQwZTM5NmEyNDM=.jpg

“He is black, about 6ft 1in, and of athletic build. He was wearing a black puffer jacket, black jeans and possibly black Nike trainers.

"We’re extremely concerned for his welfare.

“Did you see him last night or today? Were you driving in the town last night with a dash-cam device? Do you live nearby and have CCTV?

“Anyone who can help should call us now, quoting reference 493 of November 26.”

Urgent appeal to find young man missing in Chesterfield – police ‘extremely concerned’

Officers searching for Jahvon Simmons, who is missing in Chesterfield, have released further information about his last known whereabouts.

The 28-year-old had been in the Association with a friend on Thursday night but they became separated and Jahvon left alone.

Officers investigating his disappearance have discovered that he was last seen outside the Chesterfield Hotel at 1.37am on Friday morning.

Jahvon is Black, about 6ft 1ins, and of athletic build. He was wearing a black puffer jacket, black jeans and possibly black Nike trainers.

Have you seen Jahvon since? Were you driving in the town on Friday morning with a dashcam device? Do you live nearby and have CCTV cameras?

Anyone who can help should contact us using the 999-emergency number, quoting reference 493 of 26 November.

https://www.derbyshire.police.uk/ne...wn-sighting-of-man-missing-from-chesterfield/

Demolition of landmark Chesterfield hotel gets approval

This is the old Chesterfield Hotel near where he was last seen. People have said still boarded up and derelict, and not accessible.

It is a 2 min walk from The Association bar.

It seems odd that he wouldn't have had his phone with him, money/credit card to contact his friend or phone a cab?

It is now around 54 hours since last sighted.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211128-072849_Maps-01.jpeg
    Screenshot_20211128-072849_Maps-01.jpeg
    83.3 KB · Views: 8
Demolition of landmark Chesterfield hotel gets approval

This is the old Chesterfield Hotel near where he was last seen. People have said still boarded up and derelict, and not accessible.

It is a 2 min walk from The Association bar.

It seems odd that he wouldn't have had his phone with him, money/credit card to contact his friend or phone a cab?

It is now around 54 hours since last sighted.
Also aside from the 2 missing alerts from police there is zero mention on FB of him missing. I would assume if he's a member of a club, they would have missing notices up?

Also aside from the 2 missing alerts from police there is zero mention on FB of him missing. I would assume if he's a member of a club, they would have missing notices up?

I did see one mention from someone at club.

Plus, that Derbyshire area has been hit with Storm Arwen, plus freezing temperatures and snow and ice. Not a place to be outside in in just a puffer jacket and jeans.

I did see one mention from someone at club.

Plus, that Derbyshire area has been hit with Storm Arwen, plus freezing temperatures and snow and ice. Not a place to be outside in in just a puffer jacket and jeans.
Absolutely not. The storm was a bad one!

ETA: I see other FB mentions now.

Hmm he may not have had his phone on him. Check out the FB comments.

Hmm, I wonder where the 'lost' phone was found, and how he came to lose it? The police haven't said whether he was drunk or not, which may account for phone and not being sure of where he was going, especially as in a town he didn't really know.

(If you don't want to read this entire post we are having a fundraiser for our volunteer mods. Please use this link to donate paypal.me/forthemods )

Words cannot adequately express how much the moderators mean to Websleuths and to me personally.

The amount of hard work they do behind the scenes would truly shock you.
The mods volunteer their time to make sure Websleuths standards are upheld so Websleuths remains the most respected discussion forum on the web.

It is time for our yearly fundraiser for the wonderful people known as the mods who donate so much of their lives to Websleuths.

Please know that you are under no obligation to make a donation.
We ask that only those who can truly afford to donate do so.

We offer one way to make donations and that is through PayPal. Here is the link. Even a dollar will make a difference.

Pay Websleuths.com using PayPal.Me
When the fundraiser is over (two weeks from now) SillyBilly and I will distribute the money to the mods.

If you would like to leave a comment of support for the mods please CLICK HERE

If I could yell this from the mountain tops to the world I would. From my heart and soul thank you so very much to the mods who make such a difference on Websleuths. Thank you very much.

Much Love,
Tricia

I don’t know the area but have been told there’s access to the canal near where he was last seen. Is this correct does anybody know?

Brewery Street at 2.45am.

Brewery Street is approx. 2 minute walk from Malkin Street and the old Chesterfield Hotel where he was seen at 1.37am.

That is over an hour gap between both places. What was he doing?

Police haven't said where he was staying - and presumably, trying to get to: hotel, B&B, a friend's place, a rented apartment?

Brewery Street at 2.45am.

Brewery Street is approx. 2 minute walk from Malkin Street and the old Chesterfield Hotel where he was seen at 1.37am.

That is over an hour gap between both places. What was he doing?

Police haven't said where he was staying - and presumably, trying to get to: hotel, B&B, a friend's place, a rented apartment?
Could have been headed to any one of those as the report said he was there working. Not sure what he does though as haven't seen any mention of work.

I'm guessing it's a temporary job though as his kickboxing club is in Slough and he lives in Reading.

<modsnip>
@SamPh03nix as new you may not be aware, but any posts based on facts need a source to link to. WS very tough on that! Unless you are a friend or known to JS, in which case you can become a Verified Insider, and that is removed.

<modsnip>

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211128-235633_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20211128-235633_Maps.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 10
Last edited by a moderator:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors