UK UK - Jill Dando, 37, Fulham, London, 26 Apr 1999

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
just wanted to add my thoughts re: Barry George. He had previous for attempted rape etc so if he was the shooter, why shoot her? He, a well built man, was stood behind her with a gun and she had her keys in her hand. He could have easily forced her into the house, attacked her and left. So my question is why didn’t he? Why did he shoot her in the head and then leave? If he was obsessed with her then it makes no sense to just shoot and leave.

just wanted to add my thoughts re: Barry George. He had previous for attempted rape etc so if he was the shooter, why shoot her? He, a well built man, was stood behind her with a gun and she had her keys in her hand. He could have easily forced her into the house, attacked her and left. So my question is why didn’t he? Why did he shoot her in the head and then leave? If he was obsessed with her then it makes no sense to just shoot and leave.
The flipside is surely why did he have a gun at all if he did not plan to shoot someone with it?

The flipside is surely why did he have a gun at all if he did not plan to shoot someone with it?
Good question! But I guess the answer would be intimidation. However, that also makes little to no sense does it. This case is so confusing and I doubt any of us will be solving it soon

I've never been convinced Jill's death was the intended outcome.

It's so easy to think it must have been planned and deliberate, but guns are regularly used for intimidation purposes during robberies and assaults; and they can be fired in a panic or even by accident, especially if you're using a poor-quality modified weapon with modified ammunition.

Indeed. There is no evidence of BG having previously killed, but he was jailed for attempted rape, which makes one wonder why he only attempted it, and didn't carry it out. One would have to look up the facts of that case, but if it turned out he managed only to attempt it but did not succeed because he was fought off, it would explain why he armed himself for his next attack. You'd then have an explanation for the gun. Because he's inept he then managed to kill her by accident and then ran off in a panic (IMO).

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back