UK - June Jones, 32, Murdered, West Bromwich, 26 Dec 2018 *Manhunt*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Legally Bland

Reaction score
I've used the date June was reported missing, it may not be when she was murdered. Being found in her own home 5 days after she was reported missing is worrying.

OTDBL46PSNHW5H5XM6UPQCYD5Y.jpg

Miss Jones, 33, had been reported missing by her sister on Boxing Day.

She was found dead five days later at around 2am on December 31.

Police today confirmed they are treating her death as murder as they launched an appeal to find her former partner.

A post mortem carried out on Wednesday did not reveal the medical cause of Miss Jones' death, but evidence was found of a 'sustained and brutal assault with a weapon'.

Manhunt for murder suspect Michael Foran after ex-girlfriend June Jones found dead at flat

_105050821_orbit1-l.jpg

Police are hunting a "dangerous" man they suspect of murdering his former partner after she was found dead at her flat on New Year's Eve.

June Jones was found by police at her home in West Bromwich six days after being reported missing on 26 December.

West Midlands Police say there is evidence she sustained a "brutal assault with a weapon" and want to trace 32-year-old Michael Foran.

He was seen in Liverpool on Tuesday after leaving West Bromwich on Monday.

_105050816_foran_michael_wm.jpg

Manhunt after ex-partner found dead

Anyone found their social media yet? I'm drawing a blank tbh (though am trying to cook at the same time!) and am also not clear on electoral / BMD register. He may have been born Christopher Michael Foran in Knowsley and she may have been born in Hereford, and they were living together in West Bromwich in 2014 but that's all I got so far. Have either been married before and/or are there children involved? Is there definitely a baby? And where's the current boyfriend, if there is one?

Detectives believe Foran, who has family links to Waterford in the Republic of Ireland, may have travelled to Liverpool to try and catch a ferry across the Irish Sea.

Detective Inspector Warren Hines, of West Midlands Police, said Foran, who was unemployed, and the victim had had a "difficult" relationship lasting about 10 years.

He added that at the time of Miss Jones' death, the couple appeared to have been living together.

[...]

Mr Hines added that Foran appeared only to have the clothes he was wearing and no ready access to either a vehicle, or money.

He appealed for the public's aid, but also warned people who might have been considering helping Foran, to think again.

Mr Hines said: "I really am at the point where I need the public's help, tracking him down.

"I would just like to say to people, here or in Merseyside, if you are considering putting this guy up, giving him money, topping up his phone, or keeping him out of our way, then we will look to prosecute you."

Borders on ALERT in hunt for ‘dangerous’ ex of woman bludgeoned to death on New Year’s Eve

Anyone found their social media yet? I'm drawing a blank tbh (though am trying to cook at the same time!) and am also not clear on electoral / BMD register. He may have been born Christopher Michael Foran in Knowsley and she may have been born in Hereford, and they were living together in West Bromwich in 2014 but that's all I got so far. Have either been married before and/or are there children involved? Is there definitely a baby? And where's the current boyfriend, if there is one?
I couldn't find any obvious SM for them.

Police not answering the question as to why June was found at her flat six days after she was reported missing... very odd, unless the reporting is wrong and she was at another flat ?
I'm sure I read WMP have referred themselves to the IOPC over how the missing persons report was investigated, so I doubt anything will be said about it until their report or trial maybe.

The 32-year-old had been living with Miss Jones at her Wyndmill Crescent flat..

Detective Inspector Warren Hines, of West Midlands Police's homicide investigations team, said Miss Jones had been dead 'for a period of time' before she was even reported missing on Boxing Day.

"Quite how long that could have been is nigh impossible to say really," he added.

[...]

Police believe Irish-native Michael Foran has fled to Liverpool, possibly in an attempt to cross the border and return to the south of Ireland.

June Jones murder: Michael Foran manhunt reaches Ireland as police keep quiet on delayed visit to flat

I had not realised it was quite that many weeks. Could explain why the police did not act immediately.
Presumably family had not been in touch with June for several weeks themselves - and if they did not mention any danger of violence to her when they reported her missing - then police might not have viewed it as a priority to check on her straight away - perhaps thought she had gone somewhere over Christmas ?

Det Insp Warren Hines said Ms Jones, 33, died in a "really violent way".

He told the BBC: "On the basis of what we've recovered from the scene and from what June's family has told us, I think it's probably fair to say she had probably lost her life around mid-December, a couple of weeks before we were notified that she was missing."

Murdered woman lay dead 'for weeks'

I am wondering about the baby mentioned by one of the neighbours. A baby hasn't been mentioned in any other articles. It's also surprising that he didn't take off before this week, was he living in the flat with her dead body?

I am wondering about the baby mentioned by one of the neighbours. A baby hasn't been mentioned in any other articles. It's also surprising that he didn't take off before this week, was he living in the flat with her dead body?

I wondered about that - he seems to have disappeared just before the police searched the flat - did he have some pre warning that they were coming round ?

Maybe family spoke to MF on the phone when they were trying to locate June, before they filed the missing person report. He told them she's not at home, he doesn't know where she went, she needed some time alone, or some story like that. So family believed him (initially) and told police that she's not at her flat. Maybe police was getting suspicious after a couple of days when he didn't want them to search the flat, or behaved otherwise suspiciously. They might have told him that they'll need to have a look around anyway, and that's when he bolted.

Just speculation, trying to make sense of the odd scenario.

I also really would like to know if there really is a baby and if so, where is it??

It looked to me from the pictures they have of him as if he isn't carrying any bags. That makes me think someone is/was giving him accommodation. They did say however that he was seen wearing the same clothes the following day.

eta - saying that I've just looked at those cctv images and I'd say he's wearing two different coats.

Police investigating the murder of June Jones in West Bromwich have tonight charged a man with assisting her suspected killer.

Keith O'Dwyer, aged 34, of Beaconview Road, West Bromwich, will appear before Walsall magistrates on Saturday.

The latest development comes as officers revealed they have had a number of calls from the public following an appeal to trace Michael Foran, whom Miss Jones had been in a relationship with.

June Jones murder: West Bromwich man, 34, charged with assisting suspected killer

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raine73
Back