GUILTY UK - Karen Buckley, 24, Glasgow, Scotland, 12 April 2015 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very little if any reporting of the cause of death in this case or the way she was found. In other cases these issues were reported widely. Very little if any in this case which troubles me as it may have been horrific beyond comprehension.

Sadly I have the same feeling :(

Very little if any reporting of the cause of death in this case or the way she was found. In other cases these issues were reported widely. Very little if any in this case which troubles me as it may have been horrific beyond comprehension.

They probably don't know the cause of death yet. Especially if he went to great lengths to destroy evidence.

Hundreds gathered in Glasgow City centre this evening to lay flowers and light candles for Karen, a lone piper played amazing Grace as a Cork man sang the famous Cork song the banks of my own lovely lee. Emotional scenes as Karens parents were comforted by the crowd.

As someone who is originally from about 30 miles down the road from where Karen was from my heart breaks. May your Gentle soul rest in peace Karen my fellow rebel.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/karen-buckley-vigil-hundreds-gather-5538985

In case anybody is wondering, rebels is a term used to describe people from Cork in Ireland.

If her friends salvaged the glass she was drinking from and kept hold of it that was amazingly quick thinking, it almost seems too good to be true. The only way this could have happened was if AP was clearly acting very, very creepy. If this was the case her friends would have to smuggle the glass out as glasses or bottles are not allowed be taken out of clubs. I don't think bouncers at the club would have been much assistance to her friends.

If her friends had not kept the glass it was luck that the club hadn't washed their glasses yet and police contacted them very quickly to preserve evidence. I think her friends must have known something we don't as the police seemed to respond and take this seriously very quickly. What struck me was how quick her family flew over, the police must have told her it was a very serious situation and what they suspected. When people have been missing in Glasgow before I've seen their friends and family posting flyers within a day or so all over the city centre but there was none for Karen. They must have known very quickly something sinister had happened to her. Her mum and dads faces during the news conference looked so grim, I think they must have known more than just she went missing.

Regarding the knife, Glasgow is well known for knife crime (it has gotten much better in the last decade) so I'd say there are probably quite a few knives in that canal so it may not be linked.

If her friends salvaged the glass she was drinking from and kept hold of it that was amazingly quick thinking, it almost seems too good to be true. The only way this could have happened was if AP was clearly acting very, very creepy. If this was the case her friends would have to smuggle the glass out as glasses or bottles are not allowed be taken out of clubs. I don't think bouncers at the club would have been much assistance to her friends.

If her friends had not kept the glass it was luck that the club hadn't washed their glasses yet and police contacted them very quickly to preserve evidence. I think her friends must have known something we don't as the police seemed to respond and take this seriously very quickly. What struck me was how quick her family flew over, the police must have told her it was a very serious situation and what they suspected. When people have been missing in Glasgow before I've seen their friends and family posting flyers within a day or so all over the city centre but there was none for Karen. They must have known very quickly something sinister had happened to her. Her mum and dads faces during the news conference looked so grim, I think they must have known more than just she went missing.

Regarding the knife, Glasgow is well known for knife crime (it has gotten much better in the last decade) so I'd say there are probably quite a few knives in that canal so it may not be linked.

I very much doubt that it's just any old knife that was thrown into the canal, the police arrived and searched a specific part of the canal and recovered the knife within 15 minutes. That tells me they were acting on specific information, pictures of the knife have emerged and it looked like a knife that had not been in the water for very long.

I was surprised there was not a rape charge as well today maybe it will be added later. Hopefully never but it is likely his motive was sexual. The worlds end murderer was charged and convicted of rape and murder for example. The hazardous material police unit that was at the farm might have been there because of the animal waste present it might not be an indication of desecration of Karen's remains.

Don't they generally hold back more details in the UK, i.e about the crime elements, etc.? Or try to? That may be why cause of death is not being mentioned, etc...jmo.

That's a good catch about the missing posters, I didn't see any news reports with any on.

I wonder if CCTV showed a lot more than has been made public so far, maybe police saw her being forced into a car, on that point my mind is a bit of a blur, has it been confirmed that she left the nightclub area in AP's car?

its funny how you have a perception that somehow I thought she had disappeared and her friends carried on with their night, I think that is what I thought from the media coverage , I didn't realise that they were worried after 15 mins which of course is completely the right thing to do, Wonder if Karen wanted to buy some drugs from the guy and he told her she would have to come to his car and something happened there , no detriment to Karen but I believe a lot of young people take some stuff, As for the farm I wonder if there was some kind of chemicals there to help with disposal , sorry this is my first post

The post mortem on Becky Watts was done almost 2 months ago and the COD was only just made known today.

Fair point, I'm used to Irish cases and details being all over the media in days.

That's a good catch about the missing posters, I didn't see any news reports with any on.

I wonder if CCTV showed a lot more than has been made public so far, maybe police saw her being forced into a car, on that point my mind is a bit of a blur, has it been confirmed that she left the nightclub area in AP's car?

She was caught on CCTV walking away from the nightclub

She was then seen on CCTV outside on Dumbarton Road talking to a man, who police are keen to speak to.

The nurse was then seen walking west along Dumbarton Road with the man away from the city centre towards Church Street.
http://news.stv.tv/scotland/317031-...oes-missing-from-sanctuary-nightclub-glasgow/

According to police, AP told them she got in his car around the corner. IF there was any CCTV of her either getting into a car or being seen after that, it has not been disclosed.

ETA Actual wording used by police

"We have started looking through CCTV and Karen was last seen on Dumbarton Road catching up with a male, he is described as being of stalky build, with dark hair, wearing a white shirt and dark trousers.

So she was walking behind him.

Maybe so he was traced quickly so officers either knew him or reg of his car was caught on CCTV. Officers were concerned from the start which means the friends might have suggested to police that she was being bothered by a creep.

I don't either , her friends were concerned after 15 mins , so I don't think any of them were at the drunken past caring stage , I think it was completely out of character, she followed him to his car for some reason and that was it. I wonder if they had history ?

I very much doubt that it's just any old knife that was thrown into the canal, the police arrived and searched a specific part of the canal and recovered the knife within 15 minutes. That tells me they were acting on specific information, pictures of the knife have emerged and it looked like a knife that had not been in the water for very long.

Yep, I wondered if he told them exactly where the knife was.
Though has it even been confirmed a knife was used?

Looking at the pictures of the flats where AP lived it seems that a lot of apartments seem to be in close proximity with a lot of windows. Just find it hard to believe he could kill her and move the body here with out anyone hearing or seeing anything. I am still inclined to believe she was killed somewhere else.

Yep, I wondered if he told them exactly where the knife was.
Though has it even been confirmed a knife was used?

Not much about the case has been confirmed but the knife has a strong possibility that it's related to this horrendous crime.

I don't either , her friends were concerned after 15 mins , so I don't think any of them were at the drunken past caring stage , I think it was completely out of character, she followed him to his car for some reason and that was it. I wonder if they had history ?

Had been suggested that Karen and her friends frequented this club on a fairly regular basis and a number of posters on social media had claimed AP had spoken to her the last few times she was in the club. Suggested that he could have stalked her, again these comments were removed so not sure how accurate they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crunchy Riff