GUILTY UK - Kellymary Fauvrelle, 26, pregnant with baby, stabbed to death, London, 29 June 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Aaron McKenzie, 25, who is Ms Fauvrelle’s former partner and the father of Riley, was charged at the weekend with murder, the baby’s manslaughter and possession of a knife. He appeared at the Old Bailey this morning.

Man accused of murdering pregnant ex 'accepts responsibility'

Hmmm, interestingly The Standard seems to be the only paper reporting that AMcK is Riley's father. I can't find another source, all the others refer to Riley as "her baby", no mention of him.

Hmmm, interestingly The Standard seems to be the only paper reporting that AMcK is Riley's father. I can't find another source, all the others refer to Riley as "her baby", no mention of him.

I can’t link at the moment, but on twitter someone has asked The Standard reporter if AMck is the father of Riley and the reporter said it was stated in court that he is

How awful .. killing your ex knowing full well your baby will also likely die
I hope he takes full responsibility for both deaths .. no one would not know that by killing the mother the baby would die or come to serious harm
The timescale he was at the house surely shows premeditation

I'm still not convinced he is Riley's father, it's still only The Standard and us saying that (on a google search)

Either:
The Standard somehow know he is but the others don't
The Standard has misunderstood and misreported
The Standard has printed something that shouldn't have been made public.

Really odd that none of the other papers, even the tabloids, have run with this. Because surely if they could, they certainly would?

I've always found Tristan Kirk to be a reliable journalist imo and he will be well aware of the rules about not violating reporting restrictions. He is the Old Bailey court correspondent, so my guess is he was there.

But he's literally the only one who has said it. Why would the other news outlets not mention it whatsoever, not even requote it, it's a pretty key part of the story. Very strange.

With regards to people questioning the manslaughter charge, the root of it lies in this bit of caselaw:

Attorney General's Reference No 3 of 1994 [1997] UKHL 31; [1998] AC 245; [1997] 3 All ER 936; [1997] 3 WLR 421; [1998] 1 Cr App Rep 91; [1997] Crim LR 829 (24th July, 1997)

Pre-Natal Injury and Homicide following Attorney-General's Reference (No 3 of 1994) on JSTOR

Premature baby's death not murder but manslaughter

Specifically it would be an unlawful and dangerous act manslaughter. The only necessary ingredients would be an unlawful act that creates a foreseeable danger to any person (not necessarily the dead person), resulting in the death of a person "in being" which the baby would be after it is born.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova
Back