UK LE request permission to interview 3 suspected burglars!?!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"A PJ official in Lisbon added this week that the execution of any rogatory letter or request to investigate by the Attorney-General’s Office on behalf of British police will have to comply with Portuguese criminal procedure, which will govern the detention of suspects for the purposes of subsequent interrogation."

http://theportugalnews.com/news/uk-media-reports-arrests-imminent-in-madeleine-mccann-case/30398

That's a quote about procedure by an unnamed PJ officer....?

I can't see the relevance?

respectfully snipped

Oh and as far as the "tone" on this thread - its far far better than Darlies or Casey's, who most believe have attempted the same sort of fraud on the public, blaming mystery intruders and phantom baby sitters. If you truly believe they orchestrated the entire crime and the disappearing of their own children, as I do, then that explains the critical "tone" of onlookers.

Apologies but this is a sleuthing site - I am simply following the evidence.

Respectfully, no you're not. You are speculating just as much as anyone else.

Respectfully, no you're not. You are speculating just as much as anyone else.

Absolutely.

The main difference being that I don't make personal attacks against people who think differently, but those who support the McCann's do that to me, regularly.

Just as the McCann's have done to their detractors I suppose.

No one is allowed to criticise the Mccanns without inviting a barrage of name calling and slandering of ones character, or worse, legal action.

This is a sleuthing site and the way the actual inconvenient facts of the case are constantly ignored is anti sleuthing in my view. Its almost llike an impassioned scientologist telling the world Xenu is coming - totally faith based, totally irrelevant misinformation to the rest of us.

Like saying folks are accusing Gerry of killing Princes Di - I mean, what has that got to do with evidence or even the case itsself? I've never seen or read that claim other than in your posts BTW....:banghead:

The thread is about the statement by a McCann spokesperson that 3 burglars had been identified as suspects and were about to be arrested/questioned at any tick of the clock.

The FACTS are that SY announced the CPS (a different agency altogether) have sent a second rogatory letter to to the Portuguese, but they declined to elaborate.

12 days later still no arrest or announcement.

Three ? Yet they remain unidentified, unnamed...doesn't sound like it's imperative to locate and make arrests to me. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, It sounds like proper procedure. They are not naming them until they have a chance to interview them and talk to them. They are not saying WE HAVE THE GUY!!! They are saying we think these three could help us with information at this point.

This is how cases are made. Talking to suspects, Eliminating some, Further investigating others.

It is procedure. Not the movies.

No, It sounds like proper procedure. They are not naming them until they have a chance to interview them and talk to them. They are not saying WE HAVE THE GUY!!! They are saying we think these three could help us with information at this point.

This is how cases are made. Talking to suspects, Eliminating some, Further investigating others.

It is procedure. Not the movies.

IMO "good police work" would not have the media claiming 3 arrests were coming soon.
I haven't read a single media report that claimed they were looking to locate three individuals that may unknowingly or otherwise be able to "help" with the investigation.

Btw what happened to the "prime suspect" a few months ago that died in some sort of tractor accident?

Seems far more luckily to me, as I've said before, they are in the process of eliminating every other possibility ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know why a belief that the McCann's are guilty makes anyone a vile and abusive individual.

Why are the McCann's so exalted?

Why can't a word be uttered against them without the speaker being labelled a nasty fantasist?

The power of the spin.

:scared:

Absolutely.

The main difference being that I don't come on here and make personal attacks against people who think differently, but those who support the McCann's do that to me, regularly.

No one is ALLOWED to criticise the Mccanns without inviting a barrage of name calling and slandering of ones character.

Because this is a victim friendly forum? That's why I said earlier the tone on the Mccann threads always stuns me. It doesn't happen in other cases here on WS, that the parents are criticized and suspected without being named suspects, at least not as much.

I for one don't like to read the threads about Madeleine or join in, I only skim for latest news. It's very unpleasant to read, something I don't find in other cases here on WS. It really lacks something.

Bias hampers the development of any objective theories that could transpire if we all worked as a team. Bias of any kind.

Scarletta, sorry to break it to you, but the police have said NOTHING about searching for or arresting any burglars...

Because this is a victim friendly forum? That's why I said earlier the tone on the Mccann threads always stuns me. It doesn't happen in other cases here on WS, that the parents are criticized and suspected without being named suspects, at least not as much.

I for one don't like to read the threads about Madeleine or join in, I only skim for latest news. It's very unpleasant to read, something I don't find in other cases here on WS. It really lacks something.

Bias hampers the development of any objective theories that could transpire if we all worked as a team. Bias of any kind.

As you admit to skimming it seems you may have missed that

The British police were the ones who first "developed information" that the McCann's were implicated
The McCann's were formally named as suspects by the PJ
The McCann's no longer have custody of Madeleine - she is legally a ward of the British courts, dead or alive
The main " witness has been publicly exposed as a liar, ditto the psrents
The Mccanns are facing renewed calls for prosecution for neglect in the UK

All of which removes them from "Victim" status on WS.

If in doubt check 'Casey's thread - she was even found not guilty so technically is a "victim" too.

Scarletta, sorry to break it to you, but the police have said NOTHING about searching for or arresting any burglars...

Scotland Yard: Let us quiz three Portuguese 'burglars' in case of missing British toddler Madeleine McCann
Operation Grange officers are believed to be pursuing three burglars, identified as prime suspects earlier this month
As revealed by the Mail 10 days ago, the thieves were operating in the area where Madeleine went missing
The CPS has sent a International Letter of Request to the police in Portugal, reportedly asking for permission to arrest the burglars

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ppearance-Madeleine-McCann.html#ixzz2r4mrnxTO
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Really.

I'm waiting for them to arrest John Mark Karr.

Seriously, this is so ridiculous. I cannot believe that SY is this inept.

You never know, their list of suspects grows and grows and grows, it can reach the world lol

As you admit to skimming it seems you may have missed that

The British police were the ones who first "developed information" that the McCann's were implicated
The McCann's were formally named as suspects by the PJ
The McCann's no longer have custody of Madeleine - she is legally a ward of the British courts, dead or alive
The main " witness has been publicly exposed as a liar, ditto the psrents
The Mccanns are facing renewed calls for prosecution for neglect in the UK

All of which removes them from "Victim" status on WS.

If in doubt check 'Casey's thread - she was even found not guilty so technically is a "victim" too.

I skim Maddie's threads here on WS. Does not mean I don't know this case very well. There are many places online where it is being discussed.

Now ... back to lurking/skimming :seeya:

Scotland Yard: Let us quiz three Portuguese 'burglars' in case of missing British toddler Madeleine McCann
Operation Grange officers are believed to be pursuing three burglars, identified as prime suspects earlier this month
As revealed by the Mail 10 days ago, the thieves were operating in the area where Madeleine went missing
The CPS has sent a International Letter of Request to the police in Portugal, reportedly asking for permission to arrest the burglars

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ppearance-Madeleine-McCann.html#ixzz2r4mrnxTO
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Really.
Andy redwood also said on crime watch that they were looking at burglaries in the area as they felt this was a possibility.

Vile is murdering your child. I would suggest that you direct the insuts to where they truly belong. If someone wishes to remain naive, and thus easily manipulated, so be it. But, calling others out who chose to do otherwise is childish.

There is a NEW rule in this case. When you state a fact -- you MUST have a link in your post supporting the fact. No link - no post.

The bickering is unnecessary. Everyone gets to interpret the information as they see fit BUT no one gets to post it, unless they have a link.

Salem

What I'd like to know is what happened to the efits? Have they identified these individuals. What about the guy that was their main focus from the Smith sighting? Again more hype and no updates.

http://www.findmadeleine.com

What's Wrong with the Dead Black Man?

(snipped)

3 ) The black guy just doesn't look a bit like Gerry McCann.

Smith+sighting+Gerry.jpg

http://patbrownprofiling.blogspot.co.uk/

Those are embarrassing. I can't believe one was actually arrested. :floorlaugh:

Doesn't egg man look like one of the efits on Maddie's site. Looks like a woman to me but the Tanner sighting (egg man) was identified so I guess it wasn't a woman.

Hmmm !! In one of her (various) descriptions she said she thought it was a woman !

Regarding Portuguese press, this site keeps up-to-date reports on anything to do with this case in the media ( Worldwide ).

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id232.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member