UK LE request permission to interview 3 suspected burglars!?!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
=
Elainera;10153719]Because this is a victim friendly forum?

The victimn in Madeleine. Who is not "Friendly" or sympathetic to the victim?

That's why I said earlier the tone on the Mccann threads always stuns me. It doesn't happen in other cases here on WS, that the parents are criticized and suspected without being named suspects, at least not as much.

Really? Have you checked out the JonBenet Ramsey forum? And the McCanns were named as suspects just as the Ramsey's were. However, in both cases there was later some bogus "clearing" of the parents by dubious methods and people.

Bias hampers the development of any objective theories that could transpire if we all worked as a team. Bias of any kind

So anyone who doesn't buy the fantasy intruder is biased. However all the IDI's are only stating an opinion, not biased. OK got it.

Yes I propose the threads shut and replaced with a more accurate title such as

The CPS has sent a second Letter of Request to Portugese Authorities.

Because that would be accurate. :seeya:

I really don't understand why some of these posts are allowed. Links have been put up that clearly show scotland yard stating they have three more suspects, and that although her abduction showed the hallmarks of a preplanned abduction they thought it was possible she was taken during a burglary.
Yet posts are allowed stating the burglary theory is a fantasy! That the parents were bogusly cleared despite the fact there was a report which went through why the parents had been cleared. There have been posts saying the mccanns are running a scam which have been allowed up with not a shred of evidence. There really ius a strong biuas against the mccanns and scotland yard ( posts insulting Andy redwood have been allowed).

I really don't understand why some of these posts are allowed. Links have been put up that clearly show scotland yard stating they have three more suspects, and that although her abduction showed the hallmarks of a preplanned abduction they thought it was possible she was taken during a burglary.
Yet posts are allowed stating the burglary theory is a fantasy! That the parents were bogusly cleared despite the fact there was a report which went through why the parents had been cleared. There have been posts saying the mccanns are running a scam which have been allowed up with not a shred of evidence. There really ius a strong biuas against the mccanns and scotland yard ( posts insulting Andy redwood have been allowed).

That's it in a nutshell .

The "burglar theory" is just that - theory.

Not fact.

And why is others opinion on the theory so distressing to you? People are allowed opinions.

When the news broke regarding the tractor man the McCanns said it was pure speculation.

Kate and Gerry McCann say reports that hotel worker kidnapped Madeleine are "pure speculation"

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-kate-gerry-say-2657738#ixzz2rDjaVpJu
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

1. How did they know this?

2. Why is the 3 burglar story taken seriously? I don't recall Clarence Mitchell specifically quoting this story is real. Yes the Mirror states the "spokesman" but I haven't read or seen any comments from CM or the McCanns

All this to say perhaps we shouldn't be taking the Mirror articles as gospel. It appears they make it up as they go or there may be some truth regarding the British sending a letter but the Mirror decided it was about the imminent arrest of these 3 burglars. Tabloids sell and some people believe it.

I'll take what's printed by the Mirror with a grain of salt. I can't believe reputable news media ran with this story.

Amarals book is not only reputable, it has been endorsed by the Portuguese Supreme Court to be a factual and accurate record of the investigation.

I can't link but it is on record for anyone who cares to search, also the book has been returned to the shelves after they attempted to have it suppressed, which is why the courts got involved and the thing was examined with a public microscope.

.:seeya:

Here :

Lisbon Appeals Court Ruling 19 Oct 2010

(snip)

" The author is an expert, as he was a criminal investigator for 26 years."

" goes on to show and state that while many parts of the book are in agreement with the case file, the book goes further by using, in a literary form, privileged information, thereby making it more than a mere repository of the procedural case work."

(snip)

"Finally, concerning the damage to the right to usufruct from the penal process' guarantees, namely the right to a fair investigation and the right to freedom and safety, we still cannot understand how it is possible for said rights to be offended by the contents of a book that describes facts from the investigation,"

DECISION

The injunction is deemed not valid because it was not proved.

Furthermore we deliberate that we do not acknowledge the rest of the appeals. Costs to be paid by the appellants*."

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/court_docs.htm

TRANSCRIPT & OTHER LINKS :

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id344.html

http://www.jn.pt/Dossies/dossie.aspx?content_id=3647611&dossier=O%20caso%20Maddie%20McCann

The above link is about how the letters of request have arrived and are about interviewing three men in relation to the abduction.

As for Jedi's post about amarals book, the links are not to the actual court documents but to a website which contains an amateur translation of information given on a blog by a staunch amaral supporter. It is also not from the supreme court which made the ultimate decision.
[modsnip]

Same old - always, constantly, its only right if the McCann's say so.

Otherwise its back to the dogs are crap, the DNA is crap, Amaral is crap.

Let's move on to the new information - skillfully buried by bizarre speculation - The Suppressed e-fit.

Why did the McCann's suppress this vital information?

http://www.jn.pt/Dossies/dossie.aspx?content_id=3647611&dossier=O%20caso%20Maddie%20McCann

The above link is about how the letters of request have arrived and are about interviewing three men in relation to the abduction.

As for Jedi's post about amarals book, the links are not to the actual court documents but to a website which contains an amateur translation of information given on a blog by a staunch amaral supporter. It is also not from the supreme court which made the ultimate decision.
[modsnip]

Thanks for the article. When I used google translate it says this is the second time a letter was sent. Do you or anyone else know when and why another letter was sent? TIA

Same old - always, constantly, its only right if the McCann's say so.

Otherwise its back to the dogs are crap, the DNA is crap, Amaral is crap.

Let's move on to the new information - skillfully buried by bizarre speculation - The Suppressed e-fit.

Why did the McCann's suppress this vital information?

You'll have to submit a request to one of the mods to have the general discussion thread reopened. This thread is about the burglars story. See nurse's post. If you want I'll bump her post for you. I just don't want the forum shut down. :)

you folks need to
1) stick to main stream media related to the topic in the opening post
2) link up things you post as facts

this is not a general discussion thread. It is about the latest news.

This thread was closed for a long time and if it goes back to the same fighting and bickering I have not problem locking it up for a bit longer unless there is breaking news.

:nurse:

Bumping

Scotland Yard detectives investigating Madeleine McCann case move a step closer to making arrests with official bid to interview three suspects

The prospect of arrests over Madeleine McCann's disappearance moved a step closer today after Portugal's Attorney General's office confirmed it had received a formal request for help from UK prosecutors.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-interview-three-suspects.html#ixzz2rFY8454O
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Thanks for the article. When I used google translate it says this is the second time a letter was sent. Do you or anyone else know when and why another letter was sent? TIA

The first letters were sent to 31 countries a year ago.

The most recent was sent only to Portugal.

This is explained in msm, almost evety current article.

You'll have to submit a request to one of the mods to have the general discussion thread reopened. This thread is about the burglars story. See nurse's post. If you want I'll bump her post for you. I just don't want the forum shut down. :)

The suppression story was based on a Sunday times article, which later printed a clarification to the story stating it was not intended to read that the mccanns suppressed the e.fits and they clarified the dates the e.fits were given to the police proving there was no suppression. As for why the police withheld them is for the police to reveal as they are the ones running the show.

The first letters were sent to 31 countries a year ago.

The most recent was sent only to Portugal.

This is explained in msm, almost evety current article.

Thanks. I didn't realize that is what they were referring to. What did the first letter contain?

The first letters were sent last year, the bbc and guardian have good information about it. Crime watch is no longer on iPlayer (it's illegal to keep it up on their site for more than a few days in the uk as its crime connected) but it is still on YouTube.

The suppression story was based on a Sunday times article, which later printed a clarification to the story stating it was not intended to read that the mccanns suppressed the e.fits and they clarified the dates the e.fits were given to the police proving there was no suppression. As for why the police withheld them is for the police to reveal as they are the ones running the show.

Not sure why you quoted my post.

The first letters were sent last year, the bbc and guardian have good information about it. Crime watch is no longer on iPlayer (it's illegal to keep it up on their site for more than a few days in the uk as its crime connected) but it is still on YouTube.

What did they request in the first letter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne